Internet Explorer Freezes Up on new computer

Bufoman

I just built this computer a few weeks ago and already I am haveing trouble. Internet explorer unexpectedly freezes up from time to time. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit, and have installed all the updates. Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing these difficulties?

This is not limited to browsing the web either; my downloads file locks up from time to time as well. I have scanned my machine for viruses and spy-ware, nothing is found.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

Do you have any idea at what websites it freezes most on? It might be an issue with flash or java, maybe they were installed incorrectly and it causes problems with IE. Java and flash are used quite a bit on websites, so it might help to update or reinstall them.

As for your downloads freezing in IE, this has happened to me since forever, in every Windows version.

This happens on many sites including TipIt. I do receive messages regarding flash from some sites; but I cannot imagine any reason why that should affect my downloads folder; the place where my downloads are stored. Downloads themselves usually work. I have to start the task manager to close it; that's how bad these lock ups are.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci