Connection losses at the library.

Lugia_Lvl138

Why do I keep getting connection losses when I play RS at the library? They're only for a few seconds or so, but they get very annoying and almost completely eliminate my ability to kill anything dangerous. I'm in Orem, Utah, so I'm wondering if it's just a local thing or if most or all libraries have this problem. I'm also wondering if going to the nearby Provo or Pleasant Grove library would solve this. Orem's library runs on wireless, I imagine a lot of other libraries also run on wireless.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

One question: why are you playing Runescape at the Library?

I would think it depends on the amount of people on the libraries server; in my experience libraries have been very slow if I ever need to go on the internet there.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

One question: why are you playing Runescape at the Library?

I would think it depends on the amount of people on the libraries server; in my experience libraries have been very slow if I ever need to go on the internet there.

I have rather limited computer access where I live currently, and I'm not about to go buy a Laptop just for RS. My Wii does have the Internet, but I doubt it could run RS due to no java. Plus, RS with the Wii Remote would be really weird.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

First I assume a laptop would help because it has wireless. If that is the case, buy a wireless card for your PC. Chances are there is high packet loss (lost data), and when it gets to high the server cuts you off for a bit and then lets you play again. It could also be latency (ping), in which case the server has to disconect to re-sync you with the game (otehrwise you could be half a second behind the game). I play another game where this sort of thing is critical, because the clients do alot of calculation (such as hits), so lagging is an unfair advantage in them.

Back to runescape, you connection at teh library is quite simply to slow. Try another library, they might have a better connection. The problem is not one you are going to be able to solve, especialy not if your using a library computer.