New Television...

UnknownRemoval

Well, after 6 years of nothingness I have decided to toss my old square 15" Cathode Television and get myself something new.

I have been trawling the internet for televisions and came up with a few but I would like some other peoples input in this.

It would need to have at minimum:

1000:1 Contrast Ratio (10,000+ preferably)

VGA Input

2x SCART Input

1x HDMI Input

Brightness 500cd/m2

High Definition Ready

Integrated digital (freeview)

Ability to be wall mounted

Sadly, my budget is £400-450 and I will be able to get a decent 32" HD-Ready television for that.

Anybody willing to do some searches, or can provide links to certain sites? (UK-Based)

EDIT: Also, what features would be useful to have that you could recommend?

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

VGA input? I bet your card video card supports higher level connections (S-Cable, DVI perhaps or higher?)

Without naming a specific model, I can vouch for Samsung. They make good products and have excellent warranty support.

My Samsung TV rocks!

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Without naming a specific model, I can vouch for Samsung. They make good products and have excellent warranty support.

NO! I have only seen 2 of their TVs, and they both broke in the first weeks (one of them was an HDTV). I also heard a lot about them breaking. Samsung makes very good electronics for the most, but not in televisions.

Try go for an LG television. They have their own factorys making their own parts, so their TVs are a lot cheaper.

Ones like Sony etc buy the parts (chips and stuff) from LG, so obviously they have to make a profit from that, so their TVs are more expensive, despite being the same as the LG ones.

spacescenev24.jpg