How Can I Copy A PC GAME?

opnight

Hmm, buring CD's is NOT illegal as far as I know, but downloading things off Limewire is also not illegal in Canada. So as far as the subject goes, I am not sure whether tip it allows this convo. However, surely it can't do any harm if I tell you to burn it as an iso, using Nero.

signaturecj5.jpg

It depends on the disk, certain PC games have special protection built into them to try and halt piracy. EA Games are famous for this, Red Alert, Red Alert 2, The Sims and The Sims 2, to name a few. To copy these you're better doing it the way I do it. I take a game I've just bought, stick it in my ROM, and use Nero 6.6 to rip it to an Image. I then store it on my second hardrive and use a tool called Daemon Tools to mount the image as a virtual CD/DVD, turn the anti-protection on, and I can play it anytime I want. This way is the only way I'll tell you because this'll allow you to play the games, and unless you're selling hardrives with games on them, I doubt you'll be handing them out to your friends. :wink:

ok ty, but i have the play disc for diablo 2 and i wanna copy it to another dosc, is there anyway i can do that with out any programs, cuz the other computer is without internet

Diablo 2 uses a file protection called Securom v2, Daemon Tools would work with this. So rip the game to the PC without the internet with something like Nero (you don't need a writer to install nero in most cases), Download Daemon Tools (google it) save it to a CD, install it on the PC without the net. Mount the Image and use it as a normal CD. Enabling the anti-protection of course. Or you could if you own the game, get a NO-CD patch and install the game to your HDD and run it completely from there.