Inventory increasers

Myweponsg00d

I've been playing RS for a long time, and one thing I have noticed that separates this game from all the others is that the available inventory space is fairly low (in terms of how long you can go out adventuring before needing to bank) and also there is no way to increase the space available (yes, summoning brought beasts of burden, but I'll talk about that in a moment). One thing that saves the low inventory space from being a game-ruining factor is the high alch spell. If it werent for high alch, many more drops would be left on the ground to rot due to lack of inventory space.

Now, high alch takes care of the problem of picking up monster drops, but for training harvesting skills, I think runescape is in some real need of inventory increasing devices. My suggestion is to introduce some type of "pouch" or "bag" in which you can store a certain ammount of ores, herbs, logs, etc..There would be a specific type for each item (i.e. herb pouch, coal pouch, etc...) Adding such a feature would only benefit the game. People mining would get more exp faster (also discouraging power-mining) and the raw material would also be less scarce, which could in turn create less of a loss for the smithing skill. The prices of raw materials would go down, but harvesting them faster would mean that profit per hour for miners stays the same.

Also imagine an herb pouch. As an avid slayer, I have left hundreds, probably thousands or higher actually, of GOOD herbs on the ground (irits, harras, cads) just because I didnt have any room for herbs, or because I had to leave it in favor of THE BEST herbs like a ranarr or kwuarm. Also, a "summoning" pouch would be very helpful, to store your charms. I know of many people who do not pick up golds on slayer tasks because they dont think they are worth the inventory slot. Some people dont even pick up their greens. If you are on a task where the monster drops mainly crimsons, its very possible to get only 0-5 golds/greens, so many people are probably right in saving that spot for a gem or a ranarr drop. We all experience frustrations with the small ammount of inventory, but why should we just accept it for what it is? I think most of us would agree that having these types of pouches wouldn't ruin the game at all; it would promote using under-used features and thus give us more enjoyment from the game.

Now, about beasts of burden. Yes, it is true that these guys completely rule. One issue I have though, is that they cannot hold untradeable items. Consolidating my 4 charms into 1 pouch slot would be a huge help on slayer tasks. However, the bigger issue with summoning BoB's is this: summoning has given us so many other great familiars! How can you expect me to bring along a 18 slot BoB to pick up herbs, when I have the possibility of fighting alongside a titan made out of steel? Bringing in some new inventory increasing items would breathe new life into summoning. There are many useful and fun familiars that just dont see any use because having something to hold items in is just so much more needed in this game.

What do you guys think? Could we implement such features without destroying the need for BoB familiars? Are they any skills that you think would definitely benefit from having an inventory increaser? Any skills that definitely shouldn't?

I should note that Jagex has already given us two items that help us with this: the RC pouches and the Bolt Pouch. Both of these items are very useful (the bolt pouch not as much...but I use it semi frequently) and I think we would all agree that neither of these item holders have been game-breaking. Also, who thinks a bag-making skill could be cool? :D

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON