Monitor Question

friedmannn

Hey, I'm looking to get a monitor for my room to play my 360/Wii on and use as a second display for my computer. I have some questions.

1. Do monitors usually has composite and VGA slots? Or do I have to buy special monitor

2. My Laptop has an output VGA slot, would I just have to get a VGA-to-VGA cable to connect the two?

3. Could I plug my 360/Wii into the display using composite cables and have it run smoothly (like, no lag slowing it down/skipping)

4. Are there good, cheap monitors around 17-20 inches that I can mount on a wall? What kind do you recommend? I don't want to spend more then $175-$200.

Thanks!

Well for HDMI, I wouldn't be able to record videos at the same time on my computer, and I would have to buy HDMI cables for both systems which cost a lot.

HDMI cords don't cost that much anymore.

Well for HDMI, I wouldn't be able to record videos at the same time on my computer, and I would have to buy HDMI cables for both systems which cost a lot.

HDMI cords don't cost that much anymore.

Yes, but the whole reason I want a monitor is to record videos, and I can't do that with HDMI.

lrn2read

You're going to want a VGA, Component (red green blue), or HDMI imput on the monitor for the xbox 360

HDMI of course only if your have an Xbox that has that. And I dont know if they make DVI ones, but you can get a VGA converter.

I have mine hooked up to my monitor via component, then i have my computer hooked up through DVI.

Here's my monitor...

but I don't think you wanna blow the cash on it :P

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/prod ... u=320-6272

I dont know if your going to get a 17-20'' monitor thats quality and has the inputs needed.

I'd suggest getting a LCD tv with all the hookups. especially since you wanna hang it on the wall,

a lot of monitors are thrown out the window in terms of choice since many dont have removable backs.

And you dont want composite, thats old technology.

VGA and Component are my suggestions

So if I got a monitor with a component (my xbox has those too, and I can buy them for my wii), what cable(s) would I need to use it as a second monitor and capture it with a capture device?

To capture it you're likely to need a video capture card for your PC, But thats another story I dont know much about.

your going to want to hook ur pc to the monitor with either VGA or DVI, I'd suggest DVI