Uploading to Youtube

Dizzle229

Hi guys.

I have a video that I want to upload to youtube, using it's infamous uploading system.

Whenever I try to upload it, it says "An unknown error occured" (man, youtube is so helpful).

It's only 4.37 MB, and it's in WMV format. It's also under 10 minutes, so by everything youtube has said, it should be fine.

Thanks in advance guys, I really have no idea what's going on here.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I used to have the same problem with my old ISP, and I recall researching it on the Internet.

It might just be a time-out on the upload, if it takes too long?

Are you generally able to upload files OK? (like, to anything else) And what is your broadband speed may I ask?

I used to have the same problem with my old ISP, and I recall researching it on the Internet.

It might just be a time-out on the upload, if it takes too long?

Are you generally able to upload files OK? (like, to anything else) And what is your broadband speed may I ask?

1.Nope, it only tries for a few seconds before giving me the message.

2. Yeah, usually I can upload files without any real trouble.

3. I don't know how to check my Broadband speed, but if you can tell me how to check that would be cool.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

http://www.speedtest.net/

That site should be able to give you a decent speed test (Pick a server close to you)

On my old ISP the upload speed was appalling - so that meant that when it did around 2 mins of uploading it decided to cut out. (It actually left me having to not make videos which were longer than around 3 mins)

I've been looking around Google for you, and a lot of people have this same problem. A lot of responses are stating it down as some script in the browser, or that the upload format is wrong. However you're uploading in WMV format so I don't see why that should be problematic.

Nothing seems solid ground though.

I gotta say I am as clueless about this as you. Sorry :(

Thanks for trying, but it seems it wasn't a total loss. If you say other people are having the same problem, I could ask around the good ole' info database that is the interwebz machine.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png