building up drop potential

claerion

So I have decided to get my WC up finally and I want to do it on a pvp world while cutting willows.

My question when I go pvp does ALL of my drop potential go away with one kill?

I want to know because I'm not about to get 80 wc then go pvp and blow all my potential on one kill.

Also do I need 75k+ on me while cutting to build up drop potential?

Stdueis sohw taht as lnog as the fisrt and the lsat letetr of wrods are croerct you wlil hvae no porbelm readninig a sentence. This is bceuase yuor mind deons't acatully read all the letetrs, but a word as a wohle.

claerion101.png

no, not all of it will go away, it really depends what you got in the kill. and yes you ened to risk 75k. if you can find a way so that your not constantly running into the bank that would be better, as doign so may cause you to lose some drop potenial time.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Alright dhide it is then, and I'm not too worried about losing time since i'm going to getting 80 ::'

Thanks for the suggestions

Stdueis sohw taht as lnog as the fisrt and the lsat letetr of wrods are croerct you wlil hvae no porbelm readninig a sentence. This is bceuase yuor mind deons't acatully read all the letetrs, but a word as a wohle.

claerion101.png

i have a question as well, does drop potential goes to zero if u log?

i mean: is it per session or its a overall counter?

will not drop if you log

so if u stay in wild like 100 hours per total and u don't kill anyone, then BOOM ! u killed a wealthy person.... ur getting a phat? :lol: :lol:

I'm still thinking that it's per session.

Oake

You would need 75k on you the whole 100 hours and the person you killed would have to have at least 25k. Other than that your right on except you wouldent get a phat lol :D

claerion101.png

Almost forgot

http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=1535

That might clear something up it did for me but it didnt say anything about the potential being used all at once or not, thats why I came here :thumbsup:

claerion101.png

Drop potentioal IS SAVED.

The way I do it, is I got into a PVP F2P world in rune plate and skirt, a tinderbox, a rune axe and 8 lobbies. I cut and burn yews behind varrock castle, if I get attacked, I run to the GE and eat the lobbys as needed :thumbsup:

I've tested this, and almost everyone else is wrong :roll:

Facts:

Potential is built up by having 75k outside of a safe zone. The system counts in whole minutes, rounding down - so if your out for 2 minutes, 35 seconds every time you bank, you'll get 2 minutes potential. If your out 50 seconds, you get 0 potential gain. This potential stays with you even if you die, and the higher your potential the better 'drop tables' you gain access too - the highest holds dragon\dfs\whip\infinity etc. items. Each kill reduces your drop potential by a certain percent - in my testing it's proven to be 25-30%, but that is not exact. It does not have to do with how valuable the drops are, and it is not affected nor is your potential used if you kill someone with less then 25k. Any other questions?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Facts:

Potential is built up by having 75k outside of a safe zone. The system counts in whole minutes, rounding down - so if your out for 2 minutes, 35 seconds every time you bank, you'll get 2 minutes potential. If your out 50 seconds, you get 0 potential gain. This potential stays with you even if you die, and the higher your potential the better 'drop tables' you gain access too - the highest holds dragon\dfs\whip\infinity etc. items. Each kill reduces your drop potential by a certain percent - in my testing it's proven to be 25-30%, but that is not exact. It does not have to do with how valuable the drops are, and it is not affected nor is your potential used if you kill someone with less then 25k. Any other questions?

Do you actually need to loose the 75k when you get killed (I.E. wear 3 expensive items + 75.001k cash) or is just 75k in armour enough?

Facts:

Do you actually need to loose the 75k when you get killed (I.E. wear 3 expensive items + 75.001k cash) or is just 75k in armour enough?

your not risking the armor so it wouldnt a risk

foukouei.png

Its 75k in value of what you would lose. So if something is covered by prayer it wont count, if something is one of the 3 items that you keep on death w/o being skulled those dont count. It must be something that you are going to lose.

claerion101.png

Facts:

Put on protect item prayer and look at your 'kept on death' screen. The top 4 items are saved, the rest must add to 75k. So you need to have 4 valuable items + 75k.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Facts:

Put on protect item prayer and look at your 'kept on death' screen. The top 4 items are saved, the rest must add to 75k. So you need to have 4 valuable items + 75k.

Okay. So you are smithing addy bars 3iteming + 25k cash ? (25k cash + (26-1 saved with protect)*2k (=50k) = 75k).

Facts:

Okay. So you are smithing addy bars 3iteming + 25k cash ? (25k cash + (26-1 saved with protect)*2k (=50k) = 75k).

Not sure if your factoring in addy bar costs, but I smithed them while wearing karils top\veracs skirt\ring of life\dd++ for my 4 protected items, and a zammy stole for my 'lost' item so that I didn't lose any invo space. I used a summon (war tortise to help with smithing) to boost my combat level so that very few people could attack me, and my karils protected from teleblock + dd++ kept most rangers\meleers away.

DeviledEgg24.png

Facts:

Not sure if your factoring in addy bar costs, but I smithed them while wearing karils top\veracs skirt\ring of life\dd++ for my 4 protected items, and a zammy stole for my 'lost' item so that I didn't lose any invo space. I used a summon (war tortise to help with smithing) to boost my combat level so that very few people could attack me, and my karils protected from teleblock + dd++ kept most rangers\meleers away.

Yeah, I factored in addy bars at 2k each (actually, the minimum is 2100, with addy arrowtips at 140 each). Your way may be better though, thankss for sharing. Only downside is that it's a bit riskier to afk smith this way.

Facts:

Yeah, I factored in addy bars at 2k each (actually, the minimum is 2100, with addy arrowtips at 140 each). Your way may be better though, thankss for sharing. Only downside is that it's a bit riskier to afk smith this way.

I put it in the corner of my screen while I'm doing other stuff, not much goes on in that area so you notice when a red dot comes on. Your basically safe though, click the house tele tab in invo and your fine.

DeviledEgg24.png

Facts:

I put it in the corner of my screen while I'm doing other stuff, not much goes on in that area so you notice when a red dot comes on. Your basically safe though, click the house tele tab in invo and your fine.

Okay, just tried it today.

I was wearing what you suggested, except, no dds. Clay hammer protects over stole so I'd stil loose stole. Saves me my hammer if I die (protects over row), at the cost of looking less "scary". I brought a bunyip as familiar, dunno why, doesnt matter.

Anyway, I got attacked several times. A few times by a one item agser (seriously, all he was carrying was ags). No biggy. However, later I got attacked 3 times by a dclwawer who was carrying teleblocks, zammy strikes, whip, ... . First 2 times I got away by just running to bank (was teleblocked). He logged so I tried again, however I brought a few brews, cause somethign told me he would log in again soon. Guess what, 2 min later, bam dclawed again. If it wasnt cause of the brews, I was dead :-).

Long story short: for me it didnt work out. Might be cause of the crowd (1250 people in there), or cause I was unlucky, dunno. I'm not considering afking while doing this, hehe.

Facts:

Okay, just tried it today.

I was wearing what you suggested, except, no dds. Clay hammer protects over stole so I'd stil loose stole. Saves me my hammer if I die (protects over row), at the cost of looking less "scary". I brought a bunyip as familiar, dunno why, doesnt matter.

Anyway, I got attacked several times. A few times by a one item agser (seriously, all he was carrying was ags). No biggy. However, later I got attacked 3 times by a dclwawer who was carrying teleblocks, zammy strikes, whip, ... . First 2 times I got away by just running to bank (was teleblocked). He logged so I tried again, however I brought a few brews, cause somethign told me he would log in again soon. Guess what, 2 min later, bam dclawed again. If it wasnt cause of the brews, I was dead :-).

Long story short: for me it didnt work out. Might be cause of the crowd (1250 people in there), or cause I was unlucky, dunno. I'm not considering afking while doing this, hehe.

What world? I use 65, and never had problems. Use the far anvil; if you stand on the east side and call your summon, it'll tell you it cant fit, but a second later it'll show up where your standing. I've found that your overlooked by virtually all pkers while squirreled away in the corner. I've semi-AFKed (bathroom\snack etc.) with no problems.

DeviledEgg24.png

Wear nothing.

Your inv:

DDP++ (optional)

75004gp

Tele tab

I stand in W65, somewhere in Ardougne (or different hotspot zone) upstairs in a random house, far away from PKers but it's still in a hotspot. Preferably a house with many doors upstairs so you have some time if someone may come.

Wait and watch some tv :twss:

5efw5y.png

Dutchy angel2w.gif