making cheese from milk

cdlord

well i think it could be usefull for pizzas. right now the only way to get cheese is from a spawn point and that takes ages and becomes boring.. pizzas would become easier to make and then more usefull too.

I'm thinking, how did people made cheeze in the old days before we were born? I know RuneScape is a mix of monsters and the old days, but how did people made cheeze the old days? I know we today do it with machines. But how in the old days? Hmm...

I think salt, vinegar, and a variety of temperatues are required. So, if JAGeX introduced cheesemaking, I assume it would be a little more than a "turn milk into cheese" option. Stoves, storage for the cheese to dry might be needed. Or, there could be a spell for it. Lvl 45: Curdle milk - Converts milk into cheese. :)

Anyways, JAGeX does like to make the cooking/preparing food SEMI-realistic.

lpinkus

cheese is made in much the same way as butter, you churn the milk, except after you churn it you leave it for a while. SO why not put churns in certain places and be able to make butter and yoguhrt (for thats the same process) as well. Combine butter with bread and a kife to make sliced bread, more "bites" from the loaf, and maybe yogurht chould be a low lvl healing alternative to shrimp or maybe herring.

But yes, cheese is a good idea.

cheese is made in much the same way as butter, you churn the milk, except after you churn it you leave it for a while. SO why not put churns in certain places and be able to make butter and yoguhrt (for thats the same process) as well. Combine butter with bread and a kife to make sliced bread, more "bites" from the loaf, and maybe yogurht chould be a low lvl healing alternative to shrimp or maybe herring.

But yes, cheese is a good idea.

Churn! That's the word I was looking for. We definitely need more churning in runescape. What a great word. Churn.

Anyways, yes, if butter is added, it should make bread heal a bit more. As far as yogurt goes, I don't think we should have yogurt before we have ice cream. I really can't see ice cream healing a lot or being a bonus, but I somehow see it before yogurt. Maybe I'm thinking of real ice cream first, then frozen yogurt. Non-fat?

lpinkus

i think if they were to implement cheese-making the process of making it would be similar to brewing. for example, you would churn the milk then after X amount of time you would go back and the cheese would be ready.

well i think it could be usefull for pizzas. right now the only way to get cheese is from a spawn point and that takes ages and becomes boring.. pizzas would become easier to make and then more usefull too.

Not quite. If you're referring to Aggie's, well, I would use that spawn point occasionally and then switch over to Wydin's grocery store where I could buy three at a time.

Still pretty slow, and I would usually buy a chocolate bar while I was there since getting chocolate bars also seems to take forever.

Making cheese would be great-- I was thinking about it and was really glad someone mentioned it. Now to mention it on the RS forums maybe?