Keyboard Hotkeys

Noobinated

There needs to be keyboard hotkeys that you can assign to different things. Example: You can choose that when you press '1', it activates a immunity to magic. When you press '2' you can make it do something else, like, eat a lobster. Don't say that it will be unfair for players who dont own a keyboard, or that it will cause lag.

Sorry but not a great idea. First of all you'd have to try and remember what they are so you don't cast superheat instead of eating a lobster.

Second the whole point of the game is clicking. You click to do everything, if you don't like clicking then there's no point in playing, so why take away the clicking?

I hope that made sense :D

Don't say that it will be unfair for players who dont own a keyboard

Lol I don't think windows starts up without a keyboard present :P

I can't see hotkeys happening though. Makes things too easy, which Jagex detests. You see hotkeys in bots and that's where they should stay; in illegal programs.

Lol I don't think windows starts up without a keyboard present :P

I can't see hotkeys happening though. Makes things too easy, which Jagex detests. You see hotkeys in bots and that's where they should stay; in illegal programs.

I also didn't think it was possible to not have a keyboard these days :)

I admit, I did think "ooooh, shortcuts" when I read this idea, but I too don't think it's a good idea for the same reasons Bubs said. I guess we do have that CTRL click for running. Too many would be bad, tho.

lpinkus

I understand that pressing buttons may add too much of a challenge to the game for some of the people on these forums. Some people can bearly find the letters of their own name on the keyboard. So, think how hard it would be to *gasp* learn to press a button they assigned to an in game action! I mean, that would give people who can play with two hands, or who own a keyboard, an unfair advantage!

On a more serious note:

The number one rule in a game deveoper's rule book is: Don't make the game harder to control to increase the difficulty of the game!

Consider this.

Jagex decides they want to make the game harder. So, they make the mouse 100x more sensitive than it is now. It would make the game harder, yes, but it would just be plain stupid. Making the game harder to control is a cheap way of adding difficulty, at the expense of a rich gaming experience.

I understand that pressing buttons may add too much of a challenge to the game for some of the people on these forums. Some people can bearly find the letters of their own name on the keyboard. So, think how hard it would be to *gasp* learn to press a button they assigned to an in game action! I mean, that would give people who can play with two hands, or who own a keyboard, an unfair advantage!

On a more serious note:

The number one rule in a game deveoper's rule book is: Don't make the game harder to control to increase the difficulty of the game!

Consider this.

Jagex decides they want to make the game harder. So, they make the mouse 100x more sensitive than it is now. It would make the game harder, yes, but it would just be plain stupid. Making the game harder to control is a cheap way of adding difficulty, at the expense of a rich gaming experience.

Lol...do you honestly believe a singular word you said? Because I don't.

Look...Runescape isn't made to be easy. It's supposed to be a challenging game at times...and I'm almost positive that clicking is the LEAST of anyone's worries. Adding hotkeys would add problems relating to typing out numbers and words. This is not needed a bit. I'm sure that if Jagex had taken out powermining, they'd surely never let something like this leak in.

We're not complaining that you're idea of "remembering" keys would cause confusion. We're complaining that your idea is horribly thought out, and is entirely unecessary. If you can't click the mouse, than surely you can't press a button.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png