I can't get sound output through headphones.

MethosTR

Have you tried it through different head phones, or speakers?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Does it work through your Laptop Speakers (Persuming you are using a Laptop)?

And have your Realtek Settings changed at all? That is what happened to mine somehow and I couldn't listen to a thing. Re-set them and they were fine.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Take it back to the store and ask for a replacement/refund.

ojdv.jpg

-.-

OP:

What OS?

1) Control Panel -> Sounds, [XP] See what shows up, make sure the one you want is set as default [Vista]

2) Right click on 'My Computer' or 'Computer', click properties, [XP] then click device manager. Expand the sound tab and see if there's an exclamation point or anything on one of the devices listed.

3) Click on the volume manager icon in the taskbar, [Vista] [XP: Options -> Properties, and make sure Mixer Device is the correct one.

4) When starting the computer, go into the BIOS and make sure onboard sound is enabled. Can't really give specifics for this, but it should be in the options somewhere.

First, do what Errdoth said.

Now a question, I'm fairly sure your computer has the 6 different audio ports, correct? Make sure you are plugging it into the correct one, which would generally be the green colored one. If not try and see if it works with any of the other ports, in case it got screwed up. (happened to me with a creative sound card before. The mic wouldn't work in the designated mic slot but another instead).

wtf?

wtf?

Thinking about it, that probably was a bit irrational of me, when the problem can be fixed yourself (Proved by Errdoth).

See kids, that is the reason why I am hesitant of posting here :P Because I'm a complete failure at tech stuff (ATM, want to learn, however).

ojdv.jpg

See kids, that is the reason why I am hesitant of posting here :P Because I'm a complete failure at tech stuff (ATM, want to learn, however).

This isn't the place to learn. Your first two comments were fine, but when you tell people to do things like "return it" when you're "learning" and you haven't even gotten a second opinion, or even waited for someone else to post is really not a good thing.

I can't stand telling people they're going to have to buy a new part or reformat their computer (even when I'm able to work with the computer myself), just because it's a last resort, even though sometimes it's the only thing left to do.

(Though, tbh, I wouldn't have replied to this thread at all if you hadn't posted that.)

Yeah if you want to learn, read. Don't try and give advice because even if you think you might be helping chances are your suggestions may be downright harmful to the users computer.

I have Vista.

I looked in Device Manager, and nothing has an exclaimation mark.

I also have 6 audio ports including the headphone jack that my headphones are plugged into, and all the settings are unchanged from the time I installed the Realtek driver.

I will try looking in BIOS to see if it's enabled.

Here is a screenshot of my Sound Settings. SoundSettings.jpg