Farming Route

ham100000001

So I've started doing farming runs again and I would like help figuring out the paths. I usually do 3 runs a day, 1 of them including daily stuff and trees. I know for mostplaces the fastest way there, I have skill, glory, cb brace. lummy ring etc, (not moving house). But I need to figure out how to fit them in with everything else. I need to bank often since I am using a macaw instead of a terrorbird. Start both routes from Oo'glog(Inf Run). Thanks :D

Route 1 needs to include: Farming + Daily Stuff

Berry-Rimmy-Skills Necklace or Balloon

Berry-Ecteria-Fairy Ring

MTK-Miscelenia-Fairy Ring

Berry-Ardy-fairy Ring/Ardy Teleport

Berry-Cham Guild-Cmb Brace/Canoe

Tree-Lumby-Home Tele

Tree-Varrock-Varry Tele

Tree-Gnome Stronghold-Spirit Tree/Glider

Fruit tree-Gnome Stronghold-Spirit Tree/Gnome Glider

Fruit Tree-Gnome Village-Spirit Tree/Fairy Ring

Fruit Tree-Brimhave-Ardy tele

Fruit Tree-Catherby-Cammy Tele/Glider

Tree-Falador-Fally Tele

Tree-Teverly-Cmb Brace/Fally Tele/Balloon

Bstaves-Varrock-Varrock Tele

Flower+Herb-Port Phas-Ecto/Fairy Ring

Flower+Herb-Catherby-Cammy Tele

Flower+Herb-Ardy-Cmb Brace/Skills Neclace/Ardy Tele

Flower+Herb-Fally Farm-Lumby Ring

Evil Turnip-Draynor Mansion-Lumby Ring/Glory

Cactus-Al Kharid-Duel ring/Glider/Glory

Flax-Cammy-Cammy Tele

Sand-Yanille-Fairy Ring/Duel Ring

Seweeed+Pineapple-Catherby-Cammy Tele

Maybe a second Evil Turnip

Route 2

Berry-Rimmy-Skills Necklace or Balloon

Berry-Ecteria-Fairy Ring

Berry-Ardy-fairy Ring/Ardy Teleport

Berry-Cham Guild-Cmb Brace/Canoe

Evil Turnip-Draynor Mansion-Lumby Ring/Glory

Fruit tree-Gnome Stronghold-Spirit Tree/Gnome Glider

Fruit Tree-Gnome Village-Spirit Tree/Fairy Ring

Fruit Tree-Brimhave-Ardy tele

Fruit Tree-Catherby-Cammy Tele/Glider

Flower+Herb-Port Phas-Ecto/Fairy Ring

Flower+Herb-Catherby-Cammy Tele

Flower+Herb-Ardy-Cmb Brace/Skills Neclace/Ardy Tele

Flower+Herb-Fally Farm-Lumby Ring

Cactus-Al Kharid-Duel ring/Glider/Glory

Maybe a second Evil Turnip

Hameigh.png

First off just stop the berry runs all together... just stop them. They give you minuscule exp for the time it takes to get through the runs. This will help cut your runs down to 10 minutes (give or take a few mins) Secondly, if you have 52 summoning just use the t bird.. cut down on your banking and increase your efficiency. Use the McCaw when your doing some other skill like fishing or woodcutting, fletching whatever, just NOT on farming runs.

For route two, just herbs this is what I do:

•  
    [*:x9nnwlwz]Tele to Port P with ectophil, Withdraw 2 super compost, pick herbs/plant herb + pick flower/plant flower

[*:x9nnwlwz]Tele to Ardy (or wherever you tele for this patch), deposit 2 buckets, withdraw 2 super compost, pick herb/plant herb + pick flower/plant flower

[*:x9nnwlwz]Tele to Draynor with glory.

[*:x9nnwlwz]BANK

[*:x9nnwlwz]Run to Fally allotment, deposit 2 buckets, withdraw 2 super compost, Pick herb/plant herb + Pick flower/plant flower

[*:x9nnwlwz]Tele to Camelot, deposit 2 buckets, withdraw 2 super compost pick herb/plant herb + pick flower/plant flower.

[*:x9nnwlwz]Bank at Catherby bank.

I can get done runs in about 5-7 minutes, this is without a T-Bird. (With one its about 4-5 mins, possibly 3 with no lag or randoms)

For route one, herbs + trees I'll tell you my route

•  
    [*:x9nnwlwz]REPEAT everything from my previous list.

[*:x9nnwlwz]After banking herbs + flowers at Catherby get out your tools you may need 2 fruit tree saplings and 2 regular tree saplings and farmer payments (if you pay the farmers I always do)

[*:x9nnwlwz]Run to the catherby fruit tree patch, withdraw 1 super compost, pick/cut/plant

[*:x9nnwlwz]Tele to Ardy, Take boat to Brimhaven, deposit 1 bucket, withdraw 1 super compost, pick/cut/plant.

[*:x9nnwlwz]Tele to Falador, run to the garden patch, deposit 1 bucket, withdraw 1 super compost, cut/plant.

[*:x9nnwlwz]Bank at Fally west or east bank, withdraw 2 more fruit tree seeds and 2 more regular tree seeds. Run to the Taverly tree patch, deposit 1 bucket, withdraw 1 super compost, cut/plant.

[*:x9nnwlwz]Tele to Varrock, deposit 1 bucket, withdraw 1 super compost, cut/plant.

[*:x9nnwlwz]Run to the Varrock Spirit tree, teleport.

[*:x9nnwlwz]Run out of the maze (get the little Gnome to guide you, forget his name) and to the fruit tree patch, deposit 1 bucket, withdraw 1 super compost, pick/cut/plant

[*:x9nnwlwz]Run back to the gnome to guide you back into the maze, tele with the spirit tree to the Gnome stronghold.

[*:x9nnwlwz]Run to the FRUIT tree patch, deposit 1 bucket, withdraw 1 super compost, pick/cut/plant.

[*:x9nnwlwz]Bank in the tree Gnome bank near the spirit tree, While banking withdraw 1 fruit tree seed (you should still have 1 reg tree seed from before) and your tiny elf teleport crystal

[*:x9nnwlwz]Exit the bank and run to the REGULAR tree patch in the Gnome Stronghold.

[*:x9nnwlwz]Deposit 1 bucket, withdraw 1 super compost, cut/plant

[*:x9nnwlwz]Use the tiny elf crystal and teleport to Llyeta.

[*:x9nnwlwz]Deposit 1 bucket, withdraw 1 super compost, pick/cut/plant

[*:x9nnwlwz]Bank if you need to here or wait until you get to Lumby.

[*:x9nnwlwz]Cast your home teleport spell, run to the Lumby patch, deposit 1 bucket, withdraw 1 super compost, cut/plant.

All this is done WITH a Terrorbird, I will not attempt to give you an idea on how to do it without one as it would just be to much banking and wasted time.

Tree + herb runs take me about 16 minutes (yea not the shortest I am sure, but it works for me only having to do 1 tree run a day)

------------------------------------------

I hope you can understand what I wrote out #-o it can get a bit confusing but it made sense to me :oops:

Goodluck with your farming runs.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Thank you for taking the time to write that, but I'm sure there is a more efficient way combining more of the things I want to do rather than doing them all separate. I'm using Midgy's Farming for Profit Guide which has the reasons for using a macaw(Extra 20K :) ) as well as for picking berries. Few other things I guess I should have said, I am just picking the berries, fruit trees, cactus, I am not growing new ones.

Hameigh.png

20k from the macaw is not worth all the extra time it takes using it. With a terrorbird you can run the entire time and use it to store the berries and herbs you get.

I can run the whole time with infinite rune from Oo'glog pool. It only adds about 1 minute having to jump in the pool and bank twice more. I prefer getting an extra 20K over 1 minute shorter.

Hameigh.png

Bump/ So I've been trying out the following route, any suggestions or changes to it? Hope it makes sense :?

Farming Route

Route 1

Bank: Ectophial, 3K coins, Magic Secateurs, Ring of Charos, Glory, Macaw Pouch, Herbcall Scrolls, spade, seed dibbler, 2 supercompost, combat bracelet, 1 toadflax seed, 1 marigold seed.

Step 1: Ecto teleport, ride charter ship to Oo'glog, get infinite run, ecto teleport, port phas farm, combat bracelet tele champ guild, pick berries, glory teleport to edge

*Note, don't summon bird until after dip in pool.

Bank: Magic Secateurs, spade, seed dibbler, 1 marigold seed, 1 toadflax seed, skills necklace, 1 evil turnip seed, explorer's ring, glory.

Step 2: Explorer ring cabbage tele, Fally Farm, run to draynor mansion patch, skill necklace teleport crafting guild, run south to berries, glory to edge.

Bank: Magic Secateurs, spade, seed dibbler, 1 marigold seed, 1 toadflax seed, skills necklace, glory, ring of dueling, 2 supercompost, varrock teleport tab/runes.

Step 3: Skills necklace teleport to fishing guild, Ardy farm, ring of dueling tele to duel arena, pick cactus, teleport to varrock, run to spirit tree, use it to gnome strong hold pick fruit, head to bank.

Bank: axe, fally tele, house tele, spade, tree seedlings, tree payment (noted), tinderbox, Herbcall scrolls, ardy tele, ring of charos

Step 4: Cut/plant tree, Spirit tree to gnome village, elloy take out of maze, pick fruit, Tele fally, cut/plant tree, tele house, cut/plant taverly tree, ardy tele, pick fruit, glory to edge

Bank: Lunar/Dramen Staff, Magic Secateurs, spade, seed dibbler, 1 marigold seed, 1 toadflax seed, glory, cammy tele

Step 5: Fairy ring to tower of life, run west to pick berries, camelot tele, catherby allotment

Bank: explorer's ring, magic secatuers, varrock tele, 1 evil turnip seed

Step 6: Run to catherby fruit tree, pick, cabbage tele, pick/plant evil turnip, tele to varrock

Done :)

Hameigh.png

Farming runs are a topic of hot debate...sometimes people think of it the way people talk about religion and politics!

I would say cut out the berry patches, because they're not really near the other stuff. Personally, I'd just do trees...fruit and wood.

Wear boots of lightness, explorer's ring, spotted/spottier cape, amulet of glory, combat bracelet, seer's headband...bring along fremmenik boots, enchanted lyre, ring of dueling, necklace of skills, necklace of games, enchanted broom, ectophial, wc axe, lunar/dramen staff, and either wield a bow (if you can barbarian firemake) or bring a tinderbox, in case you have too many logs and have to get rid of them. You never have to have all those things at the same time, but I take them out as needed when I bank.

Always note your payments.

I start at Oo'glog, broom to al kharid, pick the spines on the cactus, glider to tree, glider to catherby, farming run there including fruit tree, bank, run through tunnel and cut/plant tree, take balloon to grand tree (since I plant magics), fruit tree, cut/plant tree near bank, bank, tree teleport to gnome village, follow gnome out of maze, fruit tree, either run to fairy ring (if it takes too long and I need to re-dip in the pool) or go back through maze, teleport to grand exchange and cut/plant tree in varrock near castle.

Explorer ring to cabbage patch, farm there (and if necessary, Draynor mansion...if you do, bring gloves so you can pick the nightshade), cabbage tele again (saves time!) and run into falador to bank and cut/plant wood tree. Home tele and bring watering can if you need to to fill in the fountains, run to tree patch behind castle. Run back to Lumbridge and across bridge, take canoe to champions, farm the hops and pick berries, take the canoe to edgeville. Bank in edgeville or at G.E. if you can use the shortcut.

Tele to fishing guild or ranging guild for ardougne. If needed, recharge teles at the Legend's guild and bank after farming run there. Head to seer's for your daily flax notes and broom back to al kharid. Some of the cactus spines should have regrown (they are good money, so you want to do that a couple of times, since they regrow fast). Glider to tree, glider to feldip and if needed, recharge run. If not, you can use the opportunity to make your daily trip to MTK's coffers or teleport to Trollheim for the disease free herb patch. Ectophial to port p, farm and top off your watering can if you have to...fairy ring either to canifis (if you have the spores for mushrooms) or straight to the place near shilo village. Run up for the calquat tree (and replant if you possibly can!) and continue north to the pineapples and the fruit tree patch. If you brought your charos ring, you can take a free boat trip to ardougne to bank OR put your house in brimhaven, walk in, glory tele (on your wall) to edgeville.

Putting berries in there really stretches your run potential. Use whatever summon you can, but if you are high enough, use ent for better yields. You can always plant willows and trim branches for new pouches!

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Can't use ent. I like to do berries because its about 3K for 45 sec. Duel ring is much closer to cactus than broom and lets you keep your familiar. You seem to go far out of your way not to use items that have charges, I have plenty of glories and can recharge them so its much faster for me to use them.

Hameigh.png