The Asgarnian-Misthalin War (short story)

Princess Viola

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I wrote this story for language arts class. It was 4 and a half pages long.

[hide=The Story]"Open up! Open up!" someone yelled as they banged the door.

"All right, I'm coming!" William P. Peinon screamed as he went to the door. He opened the door, it was the beggar boy.

"King Vallance has declared war on all of Misthalin!" the boy exclaimed.

"What? This is impossible!" William stated out loud.

"It is true," the boy said calmly. He then left.

` "Hmm, I better get to work," William said under his breath. He put his suit on and dashed of to the Varrockian Southern Bank in the early morning of that day. When he got there, his boss, Mr. Bergstien, was waiting for him.

"Peinon, your new job is to create a Misthalin currency. So Agarnians can't counterfeit," Bergstien told William. William sat down and began to draw out designs for the Misthalin currency. After about and hour, the design was complete, a half-inch diameter coin with the symbol of Saradomin on one side, the seal of Varrock on the other, and the initials of the striker and caster. After he made the cast, he needed the metals. He chose twelve percent gold, forty-nine percent silver, and thirty-nine percent copper. He struck the coin, engraved his initials twice, as he was both the striker and the caster.

"OK, I'm done Mr. Bergstein."

"Good, let me see," said Mr. Bergstien. William handed him the coin. "Good, I like it, I want 30,000 of these."

"OK," said William. "I'm going home." As William went home, he heard some rustling in the bushes. "Who's there?" he asked. He waited for a response. None.

Later, he heard the rustling again. "Who's there?" he asked again.

"DOOM," responded a quiet voice. Just then, an old man, with a long, white beard, and the symbol of Saradomin came out of the bushes. "Doom. I have foreseen it with the Eye of Saradomin. Forests burnt to a crisp, rivers flooding the banks, wars of godly proportions."

"What's the Eye of Saradomin?"

"The Eye is an artifact from the God Wars. It would allow one to see the future. It was one of three Eyes used during the God Wars," replied the man.

"Wait, more Eyes exist?"

"Yes, the Eye of Guthix and the Eye of Zamorak. Legend has it, when all Eyes touch, a terrible thing will happen."

"What?" William asked.

"No one knows. The Eye of Guthix is owned by some druids, I have the Eye of Saradomin, and the Eye of Zamorak, well, I don't know where it is." And with that, the man left. William continued his walk home.

When he got home, William opened up a history book and looked up Eye of the Gods, what he saw surprised him. The page read "The Eye of the Gods was a trio of objects crafted by the Gods themselves. The Eye of Saradomin granted one the ability to see the future, the Eye of Guthix allowed one to resolve conflicts, and the Eye of Zamorak allowed one to live forever. The last known owner of the Eyes was Lord Reginald Percival Lowell (4A124-170), who obtained them in the year 143 of the Fourth Age." William looked at the picture, to his surprise, it was the man from before.

"Wait, if he was born in the year 124 of the Fourth Age, and it is the year 160 of the Fifth Age, he's over 200 years old," he thought to himself. "I gotta go to sleep."

In the morning, William got dressed and went off to work. However, when he got there, it was closed. "Huh? What's going on? Why are we closed?" William thought to himself.

"We were robbed. They took off with 11,000 Misthalin coins. An estimated 50,000 gp," Mr. Bergstein told William.

"Robbed? Did anyone see who did it? Was it Asgarnians?" William asked the questions so fast, he couldn't remember them.

"Yes, no, we don't know," Mr. Bergstien replied just as fast. "Now William, we hear that an Asgarnian spy or spies may have robbed the bank so they could counterfeit our currency."

"I'm going to go investigate," said William. Just then, William left to look for clues. His first stop? The Blue Moon Inn, the local pub.

As he entered the inn, the bartender asked if he wanted "the regular".

"Not today, I need to ask you, did you see anything suspicious last night?"

"Well," responded the barkeep, collecting his thoughts. "It was about one or two in the morning. I was cleaning the mugs when two men burst in. They had been out a while, as their hair had been matted down due to the pouring rain. One of the men, who looked more rugged than the other asked for a pint of the 'shine and where the nearest bank was. I told him it was across the street. The man tossed me a gp and left. His friend did too."

"And then what?" asked William

"Nothing, I went to bed after they left," responded the barkeep.

"Thanks for your time," William called out as he left. "Hmm," he thought to himself. "It was probably two men, one of whom was more rugged than the other. I wonder if the watchman saw anything."

` "Hallo dere William, ol' chum! Whot brings 'ou hyah?" the watchman yelled down to William.

"I need to ask you a question! Can I come up!" William yelled back.

"Sure, come on up," the watchman yelled. William climbed the ladder. "William, whot did 'ou need to axe me?"

"Did you notice anything odd last night?" asked William.

"Why, yes, I did see somet'ing odd. Two gentlemen, I guess dey were about thirty."

"All right, bye."

"Bye, ol' chum."

"Mr. Bergstien! The culprits were two males, both about thirty, one more rugged-looking than the other," William said very fast, he could not catch his breath.

"Slow down, slow down! Two men who fit the description just entered the castle."

"You're under arrest!" yelled the guard as he arrested the two men. "C'mon, let's go."

"Well, I'd say you did a great jorb, William. But, the war's not over yet," said Mr. Bergstien.

"I'm sorry, what?" asked William.

"I said you did a great jorb."

"Mr. Bergstien, that's ridiculous."

"What? You did do a great jorb."

"No, I mean, you pronounced job wrong."

"I have a speech impediment."

"All right. Well, bye," and with that, he left. As he left, he noticed it was pouring rain. William kept on walking.

"Hey! Go inside!" a Varrockian guard told William. "The Asgarnians are marching towards Varrock. Dear God, this be the worst battle in the modern history of Gielinor."

The guard left and William stood there, the rain going pitter-patter on the ground and his head. He ran home.

When he got home, he lit the fire and wrapped himself in a blanket. He grabbed a pen and paper and began to write, "April Seventh, year 160, Fifth Age. The Asgarnians are marching toward Varrock. This may require every able-bodied man to help. I have one thing to say, God help us. God help us all."

He fell asleep by the fire.

"Open up! Open up!" a voice from outside yelled while knocking on the door. William opened the door and saw and an injured guard.

"Do you need help?" he asked.

"White Knights, Stonehenge, attack," the guard said before collapsing.

William realized he needed to help. He grabbed his dragon long sword, a dragon square shield, a rune platebody, and a sack of runes. Before he left, he grabbed some potions.

When he got there, the White Knights were surrounding the southern entrance. He knew he had to eliminate a group. He knew what to do. Drawing energies from several runes, he shouted "Ice Barrage!" as twelve White Knights were frozen in blocks of ice.

"Oy! Get that guy! He's barraging us!" yelled a Knight. Several guards blocked the Knights way.

"Get your friggin' [wagon] out of here man!" a guard yelled to William. "God dammit! Get your [wagon] out of here!"

William began to run. As he ran, he heard some people say they would kill those sons-of-[bleep]es and another called them a very graphic expletive.

When he got home, he discovered that someone had gotten in. He went inside. Everything was damaged, books were ripped, tables turned over, and chairs ripped apart.

"Who did this?" he thought to himself. "Who?"

"It was other citizens of Varrock," a guard who walked up to him said. "It happened to others. You can help. C'mon, let's go." The guard pulled William.

"Slow down!" yelled William.

"Hurry!" yelled the guard as he pulled William towards the castle. "Inside! Inside!"

"Hello, William," King Roald V said to William. "The White Knights are advancing towards the castle. Go to the top, grab a crossbow, and start firing. Here is a key to the ammunition. Your ammo is rune bolts, super poisoned."

"All right sir," replied William.

"Hey! This is your post!" another civilian yelled to William. "Just shoot the Knights!" William set up near the edge of the castle and began to fire bolts.

"Look! The Knights are in the castle!" William yelled to his comrades. "Guard the door!" Several men stood around the door. It burst open, twenty White Knights entered the room. A commanding Knight stepped forward.

"All your base are belong to us," the Knight told them. "Now, come peacefully and we will not attack."

"No," replied William. As he said this, he fired a bolt at the Knight. Direct hit. The Knight staggered forward and collapsed. The rest of the Knights charged at him.

The civilians began firing at the treacherous Knights. The Knights blocked the attacks with their shields. They began to slash through the civilian forces. Blood was spilling on the floor.

"Only one thing to do," thought William. "Jump!" He jumped.

"That guy jumped!" someone yelled.

"Ugh!" groaned William as he lifted his head from the cobblestone path in front of the castle. He realized he couldn't feel his right arm. "I gotta see a doctor."

William began to knock on the door of the local doctor.

"'ello. What do you need?"asked the doctor.

"All can't feel my right arm."

"All right," replied the doctor. "Let's have a look."

"What is it doc?" asked William.

"We need to remove your arm. But, we can create a new arm for you using magic."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

The doctor sighed, "We build you an arm out of steel, attach it to your arm, and cast a spell that will connect it to your brain."

"Damn, sounds painful."

"Oh not at all. It is actually painless."

"Good, good," replied William.

"OK, I'll cast a temporary healing spell. The reason I don't cast it over and over is only 2000 of the runes exist and the altar was destroyed in the God Wars," and then the doctor cast a spell on William's arm and pushed him out the door.

William began to run opposite the citizens of Varrock, heading south, towards Lumbridge.

"Hey! Where are you going?" a guard asked William.

"Lumbridge," replied William.

"You can't go to Lumbridge," replied the guard. "The White Knights lit the city on fire."

"What?!?" screamed William as he shook the guard. "They lit Lumbridge on fire?"

"I'm afraid so, we'll have to enlist the help of the Kinshra, if they can get past the Asgarnian blockade, that is."

"The Kinshra? Are you serious?"

"I'm afraid so. But, we both know the Kinshra are damn good warriors. Plus, they can put up a Hell of a fight," the guard explained to William. "Come with me."

William and the guard snuck through the back alleys of the city, the ghetto, where no White Knight would be seen. They went to an empty four-story tower. They went to the top.

"Now, from up here, we can see the effects that this battle is having on our great city," the guard told William. He was right, you could see fires and Knights and guards duking it out in the Grand Exchange. "Now," said the guard. "Go out and fight those bastards and send their sorry [wagon] back to Falador."

"All right," said William as he headed down the ladder.

"Wait! Before you go, take this," the guard tossed him a sack.

William began to walk through the slums and noticed the chaos that occurred there. He went into the infamous Rat's Head Inn. When he went in, he discovered that someone had crushed the bartenders head in with a hammer. He filled a glass with beer and took a drink.

"Hey, who are you?" a man with a hammer asked William.

"I'm William. I didn't notice you," replied William.

"It's OK. Hey man, it's hammer time," replied the man. "You know, I'd like to tell those Knights to STOP. Hammer time."

William ran out of the bar, as the man was insane in the membrane. Suddenly, a White Knight grabbed him. William jumped.

"You're comin' wit' me," the Knight said in a scruffy voice. "C'mon, let's go." The Knight dragged William to Varrock Castle.

"Hello sir," a noble voice said to William. "I am King Vallance II and I have a wager for you. You will duel me and if you win, you're free, if I win, well, it's a life or death duel.

"I'll duel you," muttered William. "I'll kick your sorry [wagon]."

"Very well. The duel shall begin in an hour."

After an hour of waiting, the duel began. Vallance charged at William and William dodged the attack. He opened up the sack the guard gave him and, to his surprise, it was full of mysterious runes. Not knowing what to do, he drew the rune's energies and fired a white blast at Vallance. Vallance countered with a black blast. The two energies collided and fused into a giant purple orb. The orb began cracking and it exploded in a flash of white light.

"Arggh!" William and Vallance yelled simultaneously. The light cleared and King Vallance and the Knights were gone.

"You did it William!" Mr. Bergstien yelled to William.

"You're damn right I did. You're damn right."[/hide]

King Vallance?I thought Vallance would be a punny name for a knight.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

King Vallance?I thought Vallance would be a punny name for a knight.

You actually read the story?

4 and a half pages is tl;dr for me :roll:

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]