Trade limit idea

happybappy

I think certain accomplishments within the game should remove the trade limit.

It would not be worth it for real world trader to reach these accomplishments themselves. It would be too time consuming especially considering how quickly the account would be banned.

Players who did not have a trade limit still couldn't buy gold because the real world traders would still have a trade limit.

You could also make it useless for real world trader's to steal or buy accounts with no limit:

If a player changes geographic location significantly they could have a trade limit reimposed on them for a certain period of time.

To prevent money from being funneled through the account you could prevent them from trading more than recently acquired wealth minus the normal trade limit. Here is an example:

A player with no trade limit has 5 million gp he earned himself.

He receives 5k each from 100 accounts totaling 500k

He can only give away 5 million gp + his normal trade limit.

Basically he must keep that much wealth on his character. The amount could slowly decay.

So, what does this do to prevent high level RWTs? Player X, level 133 with most quests done wishes to purchase 100m from Goldfarmer X, a level 137 sweatshopper with all quests done and virtually all achievements unlocked. Sorry, but RWT was removed for a reason. Many reasons, actually: http://www.runescape.com/a=135/p=-EeKm0 ... cle_id=567

That being said, why do you need more then 60k every 15 minutes?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I think the only way they could improve this is to base it on experience. Either increase it every 10M experience or base it on the experience you have in your lowest available skill. In other words, F2P could increase it without a membership by training every skill in the free game. But there may be somebody to find a flaw with what I just said, as well.

So, what does this do to prevent high level RWTs? Player X, level 133 with most quests done wishes to purchase 100m from Goldfarmer X, a level 137 sweatshopper with all quests done and virtually all achievements unlocked. Sorry, but RWT was removed for a reason. Many reasons, actually: http://www.runescape.com/a=135/p=-EeKm0 ... cle_id=567

That being said, why do you need more then 60k every 15 minutes?

Why would player X who has such an investment in the game risk getting banned?

Because it doesn't allow you to pay people for non-material services, it completely ruined merchanting, it ruined pking, and it removed a large portion of the already marginal player interaction runescape has. I quit runescape for a year when they removed unbalanced trading and now that I have come back it constantly annoys me.

lol u must keep your same wealth? how could u trade gp at all then.... also u have to keep ur same wealth but your money decays lol this one dumb idea

Please I thought people here were supposed to be intelligent.

I didn't say your money decays. I said the amount of wealth you must keep on you decays. The amount of wealth you have to keep on you is determined by the gold other people give you minus your trade limit.

If an idea like that one was ever to be implemented, the requirements would have to be terribly, terribly hard to get to, and should not only be based on completing different tasks, but, possibly, on your total exp, total level, and more.

A somewhat bad example would be:

Unlock all songs.

Complete every single challenge scroll.

Get the 5 most 'expensive' (point-wise) items of every mini-game.

Have atleast 4 99s.

Have atleast 80-90M total exp.

Complete all quests.

Must fight and kill all boss monsters in-game.

Have atleast 1,900 total.

That's just an example, and I'm doubt it's enough, but in order for such an idea to be implemented, it must gurantee in 99% that RWT will not be abused.

Also, seeing the requirements in my example (which, as said, are barely enough), make this idea almost pointless. Only very, VERY skilled and experienced accounts could use it, and only with other experienced accounts.

Why would player X who has such an investment in the game risk getting banned?

I don't know, you tell me? The question of why has nothing to do with the fact that it would be happening. My personal guess is because the risk of banning is ridiculously low.

Because it doesn't allow you to pay people for non-material services, it completely ruined merchanting, it ruined pking, and it removed a large portion of the already marginal player interaction runescape has. I quit runescape for a year when they removed unbalanced trading and now that I have come back it constantly annoys me.

Pray tell, what does it stop you doing that 'ruins' RS, and how would that be remedied if RS was forced to close from RWT?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Jagex has a better idea already in the works: People you are friends with for over 1 month have their trade limit doubled when trading with you.

Of course, it still allows RWT, but so does the current system. Let Jagex progress with this at their own rate.

Jagex has a better idea already in the works: People you are friends with for over 1 month have their trade limit doubled when trading with you.

Of course, it still allows RWT, but so does the current system. Let Jagex progress with this at their own rate.

The goal isn't prevention by impossibility, it's elimination via hassle and time required. Yes, one could theoretically transfer gold using the trade limit, but it's too much hassle - there's easier ways for RWTers to make money.

DeviledEgg24.png

The goal isn't prevention by impossibility, it's elimination via hassle and time required. Yes, one could theoretically transfer gold using the trade limit, but it's too much hassle - there's easier ways for RWTers to make money.

True, when you look at it from that perspective, actually, the 30 day limit seems very effective.

What if compfreak gets hacked by Anonymous (You have to get it to get it), and his account sold to Korean RWT'ers who then RWT?

I'm a part of them. Well, unofficially. Either way, they'll never get me :twisted: :twisted:

DeviledEgg24.png

I think the only way they could improve this is to base it on experience. Either increase it every 10M experience or base it on the experience you have in your lowest available skill. In other words, F2P could increase it without a membership by training every skill in the free game. But there may be somebody to find a flaw with what I just said, as well.

Heard of something called a sweatshop?

Count of "RWT didn't ruin RS, anti-rwt updates ruined rs!" threads: 6

Yay, I agree with quel. There's simply no distinguishing factor that can be easily detected between a RWTer and a non-RWTer. Hence, EVERYONE has to be stopped from RWTing. And Jagex has done a great job - I honestly can't think of any situation where the trade limit has restricted me significantly lately.

DeviledEgg24.png

Yay, I agree with quel. There's simply no distinguishing factor that can be easily detected between a RWTer and a non-RWTer. Hence, EVERYONE has to be stopped from RWTing. And Jagex has done a great job - I honestly can't think of any situation where the trade limit has restricted me significantly lately.

It hasn't affected me any since I got used to it, either. Although it did make me cancel helping a friend out with their 99 cooking goal when it was first introduced. Oh well, I guess they've probably got it by now, anyway.

It hasn't affected me any since I got used to it, either. Although it did make me cancel helping a friend out with their 99 cooking goal when it was first introduced. Oh well, I guess they've probably got it by now, anyway.

You can still buy junk from him, but no, you can't give friends large sums of money easily. The only real change I can think of, and other then loaning items I can't think of many people who did that anyway.

DeviledEgg24.png

lol u must keep your same wealth? how could u trade gp at all then.... also u have to keep ur same wealth but your money decays lol this one dumb idea

Please I thought people here were supposed to be intelligent.

I didn't say your money decays. I said the amount of wealth you must keep on you decays. The amount of wealth you have to keep on you is determined by the gold other people give you minus your trade limit.

People here aren't all intelligent. Don't make generalizations like that. Last time I checked, there isn't an IQ test at registration to see if you qualify to register for the forums. There isn't a reason you would want to trade more than 60k an hour, unless you were RWTing yourself or transferring cash. Either way, you would only need this to do something Jagex didn't want you to do.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

• 2 weeks later...