Barrows, specifically karils

Althalus1988

hello scapers

so ive always had a soft spot for range, im an archer irl so it kinda has that pull for me :D but ive been thinking recently now that im almost at 70 def to get myself karils setup.

however, it doesnt seem as good as say full blessed d'hide with a rune xbow using anything from pearl(e) to diamond (e) bolts.

i know karils is faster and from a glance the def bonuses are higher, also id be wearing the vambraces from another set too. so is karils worth it or am i best off with blessed d hide and saving myself a bunch of cash :D

Athalus_1988.png

yep thats f2p..just waiting for my membership to expire

karils has superior magic def and inferior melee def stats compared to black dragonhides.

Karils top and bottom do not increase your rate of fire. The helm and xbow are not used often as the helm is quite rubish and the xbow uses expensive ammo and is therefore only used in very specific situations.

Conclusion: ONly buy karils if you need the extra magic def or when you feel it looks good. Otherwise just use dragonhides.

phata_elise.png

Karils is just exspensive, degrading dragonhide.

Yup. Don't buy Karils until you have a lot of money and want the best mage defence possible for Slayer tasks or Monster Hunting.

Also, Barrow gloves from the RFD quest give the best +ranging attack bonus in the game.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.