Rum Deal- low detail

I have no proof for this (no idea how to take a picture), but during the quest rum deal if you play on low detail the hopper is impossible to see (you cannot see lower levels therefore it does not show up, unless you happen to move the mouse over it)

I suggest that this should be pointed out in the quest guide.

Also, the guide says that the ladder to go upstairs is in the northwestern corner of the room that you start off in, it's in the southeastern corner of the room.

I'll get photos if I can, but please check this out, thanks. :)

As the saying goes: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, i disagree i can think of plenty of injuries that won't make you stronger.

beer2.png

yup.... runescape is pretty stressful

December, 19, 2009 (12/19/09)- 99defense- first cape- cb level 117

I'd highly recommend making these notices, and any mod or anyone who wants to check (and/or get screen shots for me) can go back to the island by talking to the starting pirate (pirate pete right?)

So once again please check this out.

As the saying goes: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, i disagree i can think of plenty of injuries that won't make you stronger.

beer2.png

also as a note, this is only with seeing lower levels turned off(not being able to see hopper)

beer2.png

Just thought I'd post and say that I really had a problem finding the hopper when i did the quest a couple of months ago, took me 10 minutes to find it. It really should be added to the guide.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd check this out to see what you meant. From what I have seen is that when you hover over the Hopper it says 'walk here/1 more options' and when your hovering over the hopper with your mouse it doesn't actually say Hopper. Now this can be found next to the pressure barrel and the Pressure lever. You need to right click with your mouse for the option of the hopper to appear. I can easily see the thing what's meant to be the hopper but I cannot tell if it is the hopper or not unless I right-click it

Quest Guide

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2quest_id=121

Pixie_V_Lott.png

Pixie_V_Lott.png

try it with lower levels turned off on the details menu - it won't show up

beer2.png

It sounds like what we need is a picture. I did the quest when it first came out, and I only play on Low Detail (and this was back when low detail had no options). I vaguely recall some difficulty finding it as well.

If someone wants to take a nice PNG picture, not too big, in low detail, I'd love to add it to the guide.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

• 1 month later...

i appreciate the thought, but i think that jagex just updated it (most recent updates actually)

but if any1 wants to check for me you can, please provide a pic if the problems still there, thanks :)

beer2.png

• 1 month later...

Would anyone be able to let me know how to close this thread :oops: idk how, and its out of date

beer2.png

closed on request, thanks for flagging the issue originally, and for letting us know jagex fixed it. <3:

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.