Questions from a returning player

Ltje

Hello all,

After a break for over 2 years, I decided to come back a bit to RS. :) I left this game over 2.5 years ago, because I was bored by the grind really. I played Lord of the Rings Online for over 2 years with a lot of fun, and quite hardcore, I must say.

However, one week ago, I melted the motherboard of my laptop of overheating. As I dont have money for repairing it at the moment, Im stuck with an old pc for my study.

But I was really bored, and looked back at RS, and saw there were quite a lot of new quests I can do. Because really, the quests in RS are the best ever seen.

So now you know that, Ive got some questions about the new things/things I forgot ;)

-Is it possible to turn the chat filter off? I know its good for younger people, but Im an adult, dont mind the swearing, and already annoyed by it filtering non-swearing words.

-I found myself with this in my bank/inventory. Equipped I have whip+2pieces of guthan IIRC+that helm with wings. How much is this worth, as I have no idea. Not only, howmuch is it worth in gold, but how much is gold worth? I have 1.2m, is that a lot/normal/less? Ive got no clue at all.

-I had a santa hat a long time ago, but sold it. Was that wise? I read some stuff I dont remember good anymore about rares that got out of the market by trading with NPC's?

-What are other good items I should get for armour/weapons? I have 74 melee stats, 72 magic, 67 ranged, and dont plan on a lot of grinding to lvl it. Any nice gear for my lvl?

-Any other stuff that is recommanded to do? Im kinda overwhelmed as I have no idea really. Except for quests.

-Does the specific world system work well? So when I wanna play CW, I can easily log to the world that is assigned and find a lot of people? Or is CW a bit dead?

-No offense intended, but is combat really that boring as I remember it to be? Just target a mob, and go afk untill its dead? I come from a game where I played a burglar (thats a kinda rogue type) with a +50% damage bonus when attacking from behind. So I was paying attention the whole time for every skill I used to get that bonus damage, so just standing there and watching seems kinda boring really.

Thats it for now, Ill probably find out more questions later. :P

============

EDIT1:

-What kind of weapon do you want in general? A fast weapon or slow weapon?

-What defines your damage output? Only the +strength, or other things as well?

-Is it normally accepted to play a female char as a male? In other games Ive played, it was accepted as normal roleplaying to play both male and female chars (and sexual undefined dwarfs). I started to play LotRO as a male elf, but he was just very ugly, so after that Ive come used to playing female chars. Now, the community in LotRO was a lot different then in RS (the avg age of people I played with was around 25), but I dunno how it is in a much younger community like RS.

====

EDIT2:

Sorry, that was the wrong category. Thnx for moving mod.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

Hello all,

-Is it possible to turn the chat filter off? I know its good for younger people, but Im an adult, dont mind the swearing, and already annoyed by it filtering non-swearing words.

No i wish.

-I found myself with this in my bank/inventory. Equipped I have whip+2pieces of guthan IIRC+that helm with wings. How much is this worth, as I have no idea. Not only, howmuch is it worth in gold, but how much is gold worth? I have 1.2m, is that a lot/normal/less? Ive got no clue at all.

Abyssal Whip: 1,425,000gp minimum- 1,500,000gp medium- 1,575,000gp max

Guthans Body: 201,020gp minimum- 211,600gp medium- 222,180gp max

Guthans Skirt: 192,755gp minimum- 202,900gp medium- 213,045gp max

Helm Of Neitiznot(im guessing): 49,210gp minimum- 51,800gp medium- 54,390gp max

-I had a santa hat a long time ago, but sold it. Was that wise? I read some stuff I dont remember good anymore about rares that got out of the market by trading with NPC's?

Depends how long ago but i think santa's are being dumped right now by merchanters.

-What are other good items I should get for armour/weapons? I have 74 melee stats, 72 magic, 67 ranged, and dont plan on a lot of grinding to lvl it. Any nice gear for my lvl?

Full torags/neitiznot helm whip obsidian shield/defender, dragon boots(climbing boots if you cant afford), obby cape/teamcape, barrow gloves(recipe for disaster quest)/vambraces/combat bracelet, ring of wealth,amulet of glory

-Any other stuff that is recommanded to do? Im kinda overwhelmed as I have no idea really. Except for quests.
Quests and read some updates

-Does the specific world system work well? So when I wanna play CW, I can easily log to the world that is assigned and find a lot of people? Or is CW a bit dead?

I think Castle wars is kinda dead but im sure a few people will be their on the world

-No offense intended, but is combat really that boring as I remember it to be? Just target a mob, and go afk untill its dead? I come from a game where I played a burglar (thats a kinda rogue type) with a +50% damage bonus when attacking from behind. So I was paying attention the whole time for every skill I used to get that bonus damage, so just standing there and watching seems kinda boring really.

Depends what boss you kill eg if you solo bandos you have to pay attention or your dead.

-What kind of weapon do you want in general? A fast weapon or slow weapon?

Fast but consistant hits, and if your pking a good special weapon(eg dragon claws which hits 4 at once and max's around 70 hp and has 2 quick specials, or a dragon dagger/granite maul)

-What defines your damage output? Only the +strength, or other things as well?

Strength manages your max damage attack is how often you hit it

-Is it normally accepted to play a female char as a male? In other games Ive played, it was accepted as normal roleplaying to play both male and female chars (and sexual undefined dwarfs). I started to play LotRO as a male elf, but he was just very ugly, so after that Ive come used to playing female chars. Now, the community in LotRO was a lot different then in RS (the avg age of people I played with was around 25), but I dunno how it is in a much younger community like RS.

I guess but im a guy and i play a guy character.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif