all programs close after 3-5 minutes.

noble_aloof

i had my computer fixed about 3 weeks ago. it was running great for the first two weeks i got it back. i barely installed anything and defragmented my 10.38% fragged drive..

it was running (almost) like new- the guy who fixed it is basically a computer expert (has a business and everything) he told me that (even after it was fixed) it was still not 100%

read here

for the past 3-4 days my applications will close every 3-5 minutes. i have no idea what is causing this. i can get folders, text files, and the command prompt to stay up. i can get firefox to stay up if i restart my computer several times but this is not my idea of a smooth experience.

games, virus scanners, itunes, adobe you name it- they all close after a small amount of time.

WHAT could be causing this? and how do i fix it?

i'll provide any other information you need.. i really would like this fixed.

im using windows xp sp3 and i haven't installed anything besides a new version of AIM, java, flashplayers, and net framework 3.5.

edit: it might have something to do with .net framework i think it started the day after i installed that- help?

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

please help

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

just, POOF gone with no trace. no error message, no "are you sure you want to close tabs" etc.

they just close randomly.

• 3 weeks later...

i really need some help here.

its starting to threaten my computer security i cant run scans or anything

HELP

Do you get any error-messages?

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

no, they just close right down.

its so weird.

Wait for Clare, Joedastudd or someone else to give a reply.

Err, i would call the MS support and ask.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé