Best location for Spirit Tree?

SportsGuy

Where should I put a Spirit Tree? I'm torn between Port Sarim (to use in conjunction with the Explorer's ring 3 for teleportation) and Brimhaven (for minor farming runs, the agility arena, and quicker access to a couple of farming patches).

Is Port Sarim simply the "only logical" choice? I don't need one on Etceteria...I have the ability to create a Ring of slaying which gives me quick access to fairy rings (and CIP).

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

I'd go Etcetera tbh. Sarim and Brim are easy to get to due to Explorer's Ring/Ardy teleport, while Etcetera isn't, and you can simply teleport to Varrock GE and goto the Spirit tree there, rather then using a lyre (Which hardly anyone use) or running from Camalot.

But if you are only going to use those two spots: Port Sarim, for multi-linking teleports.

Popoto.~<3

I like that the Etceteria spirit tree plops you next to the bush patch, so you can get a free 1k farming xp off of poison ivy when you go to refill your favor. Then again, once you can plant a spirit tree, farming xp isn't very useful anymore, is it? Brimhaven is okay too, good if you do tree runs, but then again, back to the whole "farming xp after 83 doesn't do anything" bit. It's nice for linking the spirit trees to the charter ships though.

Tbh the spirit trees aren't the greatest transportation system around. It's not really a big deal where you plant yours.

Well, the whole point in asking was to find the best place to put mine for teleportation reasons.

I don't care about accessing Port Sarim, but that seems to be the best place to put a Spirit Tree, since that will allow me to get to many different types of transportation quickly.

Explorer's ring 3 (free teleport) to Port Sarim Spirit Tree patch to Grand Exchange

Explorer's ring 3 (free teleport) to Port Sarim Spirit Tree patch to Grand Exchange to fairy ring

Explorer's ring 3 (free teleport) to Port Sarim Spirit Tree patch to Gnome Stronghold to balloon

Explorer's ring 3 (free teleport) to Port Sarim Spirit Tree patch to Gnome Stronghold to gnome glider

Explorer's ring 3 (free teleport) to Port Sarim Spirit Tree patch to Gnome Stronghold to gnome glider to fairy ring

There are many more combinations and that's just using the Explorer's ring 3...

I'm gonna say it's Port Sarim, but feel free to disagree. I'm not in it for farming experience and as I said, I've already got a quick route to Miscellania via the Ring of slaying to Rellekka's slayer dungeon fairy ring to Zanaris to CIP.

295/303 Quest Points

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Well, the thing about using it as a hub is that it's actually faster to teleport to the Grand Exchange directly and run to that tree than it is to use the cabbage tele and run to the Port Sarim tree. That's part of why the planted tree isn't so useful.

I already have skills necklaces to get near the GE and have not changed my Varrock teleport to that location.

295/303 Quest Points