God of End - Since 2001 RSC... One last goal to end my era

[Please find the time to read the entire story and not just skim through it. For those of you who've been around since RSC, I guarantee nostalgic feelings to arise ::']

Hey all,

My runescape name is God of End. I started playing runescape in 2001 ( Can't remember the exact month -but yes, the very year it was released ). My first serious goal was 99 Firemaking. I achieved this on August 2002 (or) 2003 ( Can't remember again, lol ). I was the #Fifteenth (or) #Seventeenth person to achieve 99 Firemaking ( I can't remember exactly which one was it ). Back then it was a BIG thing to have a level 99 in almost any skill.

221103-99999.gif

left to rigth: Philipj, Zotherax, God of End, Jamie2002, John2496. - All 99 Firemaking. There was around 19 People at that time who had 99 Firemaking.

Firemaking was no exception. Comparing Firemaking in RSC to Firemaking in RS2 is like comparing apples with oranges. I'm not trying to show-off about it, but back then it was waaay harder compared to how easy its been made today. We only had one type of log to light, and later on Jagex made things even harder by introducing a lovely sleeping bag. Make no mistake, achieving a 99 in any skill is an accomplishment to be proud of ( you worked hard for it! ) - But almost every skill in RSC was way harder to achieve then it is now. I guess, Zezima himself summed it up well when he said,

I have stopped playing RuneScape competitively because it's getting progressively easier over time. With it getting easier to train skills and gain exp, I've lost a sense of accomplishment in what I've worked hard to achieve since I started in 2001. If things will continue to get easier, it ruins the game for those of us who have been here since the beginning.

---

Shortly after I received 99 Firemaking, I purchased members and set my sights for a new 99. After exploring some of the members skills, I turned to the f2p skill, woodcutting. However, I trained my way to 99 by chopping willows and maple trees. I achieved 99 Woodcutting shortly after the final release of RS2 (2004). I continued to train woodcutting to around 20 million exp to maintain top 5 position on the hiscores ( back then Scarletstar was ranked one ). I also maintained top 5 or 7 (can't remember) position in Firemaking. Firemaking exp was around 19,7million exp which I did in RSC.

I always liked RSC more than RS2, and slowly later on I started to get bored of the game. After couple of minor goals such as 80 smithing and 80 magic ( I achieved them by selling tons of easter eggs that I got from the Duped Party Hat day ) -Ironic, isn't it :lol: ? Yeah, I was lucky enough to get cracked with an xmas cracker that day and received a red phat. Anyways, back on topic (lol)... So, I decided to retire somewhere around 2004. After I retired, ( I honestly do not know how.. must have had a keylogger ) my character got stolen and abused. Result ? Permanent Ban.

Thanks to the new offence system, my old permanent ban ( which I did not commit ) got quashed, and I'm back on the game!

goe1jpg.jpg

kingsaiya.png

Ever since my 1641 day ban was removed, I've been trying to find a new goal. I trained a bit of combat ( couple Attack levels and Defence levels) as well as 80 magic -> 81 magic and 80 smithing -> 83 smithing. Tbh, I'm not really enjoying it like I did back in rsc.. (Yes, Enjoy! Who would have thought thats possible in rs, hehe). So I decided to throw in one last final goal. Ill be killing green drags to raise about 10 million GP ( I already have about ~3mil GP ), in order to buy a blue halloween mask. Yes, slowly but surely 8-).

Retire happily with my account from 2001 with pieces of rsc history ( both tradeable and untradeable ).

Current bank picture: 09.June.2009

2n8a14w.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! Heres a list of some old RSC facts you probably did not know!

-The Purple Party Hat was originally ( before the duplication of party hats & rares incident ) the most expensive party hat.

-Bankers would shortly respawn back if killed ( same guys who did the duped phats hack -also found a way to kill bankers ).

-We had sleeping bags in RSC in order to reduce fatigue gained from training skills.

-There used to be two types of Magic.

-There was a skill called Carpentry.

-Port Sarim Jail used to be a very popular spot to train ranged.

-It was possible to create a female character with a beard ( this involved a platebody trick that wouldn't get you banned ).

-There used to be level 3 players with rune platebodies. After Jagex cleared the stats of tons of macroers, some still had rune plaebodies equipped despite having level 1 defence.

-You CAN have more than one bunny ear & one scytche ( see bank pic ^^ ) - I'm sure someone here still knows the bug that allowed this. Jagex actually emailed me on my RS Inbox asking me HOW did I get more than one bunny ears & scytche.

-I wrote the Tip.It RSC Firemaking guide. http://www.tip.it/rsc/index.php?page=fire_guide.htm - Please ignore the horrible spelling. That article is way old. I was a kid back then, lols.

-More to be added later on...!

-Pics from RSC and early RS2 will be added later on as well.. I need to find the CD where I saved the pics.

God_Of_End.png

15th to 99 Firemaking - August 2002 RSC Time.

??th to 99 Woodcutting - 2004 RS2 Time.

I have stopped playing RuneScape competitively because it's getting progressively easier over time. With it getting easier to train skills and gain exp, I've lost a sense of accomplishment in what I've worked hard to achieve since I started in 2001. If things will continue to get easier, it ruins the game for those of us who have been here since the beginning.

---[/size]

That's true. Training skills is really getting easier... I started 2006, but I must agree that "this game is getting easier day by day". :( I really hope they don't make things like challange scrolls or 3rd items easier to get. And no more X options to skills like "Cut all gems" or something.

By the way, nice story, and good luck with your last goal! :)