String Jewellery

Wantmyar

Gold amulets. ~3-5 gp/xp, depending on prices.

In all honestly, string jewelry is a terrible way to train magic. It's extremely inefficient. There are faster and cheaper options, or more rewarding but only slightly more expensive options.

Faster + cheaper = Diamond bolt enchant/Plank make/Superglass make

Rewarding = Rock lobsters.

If you're considering String Jewelry, then you should be considering rock lobsters just as much, if not more.

What's best to do at 80 mage then?

I haven't checked/remembered, but if you can ice burst, do that at Rock lobsters. If not, then diamond bolt enchanting is extremely cheap (for magic) and is ~110k per hour (xp).

How in the world is superglassmake faster than string jewellry? And bursting/barraging is MUCH more expensive than string jewellry is..

Superglass-make is cast much quicker, and although it is not faster, it's off by 10k-20k, but that is easily offset by the fact that you will PROFIT and you will ALWAYS PROFIT and you will profit a CONSIDERABLE amount. Would you rather have 100k xp/hour + a decent pile of cash, or 120k xp/hour and loss of ~500k? If you want to look at it mathematically, you would need to have an income of over 2.5m in order for String Jewelry to be better than Superglass-make

Burst/Barrage is a not a whole lot more expensive. I think it number was 6-7 gp/xp compared to 3-5 gp/xp.

How in the world is superglassmake faster than string jewellry? And bursting/barraging is MUCH more expensive than string jewellry is..

Superglass-make is cast much quicker, and although it is not faster, it's off by 10k-20k, but that is easily offset by the fact that you will PROFIT and you will ALWAYS PROFIT and you will profit a CONSIDERABLE amount. Would you rather have 100k xp/hour + a decent pile of cash, or 120k xp/hour and loss of ~500k? If you want to look at it mathematically, you would need to have an income of over 2.5m in order for String Jewelry to be better than Superglass-make

Burst/Barrage is a not a whole lot more expensive. I think it number was 6-7 gp/xp compared to 3-5 gp/xp.

Honestly I'd rather get fast 20k faster xp per hour and lose 500K, because making money isn't as boring as superglass-make. In the end, it all comes down to preference.

¤¤ 20death04 in Runescape, Semi-Retired ¤¤

100M+ Net Worth - Yes I do own the AGS in my avatar.

20death04.png

Honestly I'd rather get fast 20k faster xp per hour and lose 500K, because making money isn't as boring as superglass-make. In the end, it all comes down to preference.

Well for 99 magic, that's the difference of profitting a few mil in 15 hours or so extra time, or saving 15 hours and paying 40m.

Oh, I didn't mention this, but just as a side-note, Burst/Barrage also gives you hp xp, small amount of drops, and tons of charms. It is by far the best option, unless you do not care for hp or summoning.

Superglassmake gives 100k exp/hour?! I must have been doing something terribly wrong, I was getting figures like 40k exp/hour :shock:

Roughly halfway through the spell, you can bank.