The F2P Moneymaking Guide (pics and others to be added)

MstrMonopoly

THE ULTIMATE F2P MONEY MAKING GUIDE

by Mstrmonopoly

As all F2P players know, making money can be very, very hard. A pay-to-play player with 0 skills in anything can run around picking up swamp tar in the Lumbridge Swamp and make 150k an hour. However, you too can make over 150k an hour with just a little skill. This guide should detail the ways to make money with every F2P skill, from combat to runecrafting. Ready?

$ = <10K an hour

$$ = 10-25K an hour

$$$ = 25-40K an hour

$$$$ = 40-55K an hour

$$$$$ = 55-70K an hour

$$$$$$ = 70-100K an hour

$$$$$$$ = 100-200K an hour

z0Mg = 200K+ an hour

F2P Moneymaking for the totally, completely, unskilled

METHOD ONE

Picking Up Tuna

Recommendations:

Explorers Ring 3

Where to pick up the tuna: The Shores of Karamja on the fishing dock

Items to bring: at least 60 gp, Explorer's Ring 3 (if you have it)

This method is a very simple way of making money. Nevertheless, it can result in a profit of around 30-40K an hour. What you do is you take the boat from Port Sarim to Karamja. Then run up to the fishing spot. When you do so look for people fishing for swordfish. Often, these people drop the less valuable tunas they catch alongside the swordfish. However, these tunas are still worth over 100 gold each. All you have to do is pick them up and bank them at Draynor.

MstrMonopoly's Rating: $$$

METHOD TWO

Buying Eyes of Newt

Recommendations:

A Little Bit of Starting Capital (5k+)

This is pretty much the only item that you can buy from a store and hope to make a profit on. It's a well-known way to make money but it's still very effective. Each eye of newt costs 5 coins at the Port Sarim magic shop and sells for 70+ on the Grand Exchange. You can make a run between Draynor Bank and the Magic Shop in approximately 1 minute, and each load of eye of newt will bring you 1,809 coins in profit. You can therefore make over 100K an hour simply buying eyes of newt. It can get very tedious, though, which is why I also included the picking up tuna method.

MstrMonopoly's Rating: $$$$$-$$$$$$

F2P Combat Moneymaking Guide

Method One: Cow Slaying (recommended combat level: 3+)

Where: North of Draynor Village where the Gnomecopter used to be

map1.png

The area where you want to go is right under where it says "River Lum"

Everybody loves killing cows! As well as being a solid monster to train on, they also drop cowhides 100% of the time, which sell for about 140 coins each. If you tan the cowhides, you can make an additional 50 coins in profit. There will be an NPC that will bank raw beef and cowhides for you for 10% of the stuff you want to bank. Do this. Despite the lost materials, it is more efficient to bank with him than at Draynor Village.

Note: AVOID the Lumbridge cow fields! They are overpopulated with other players.

Profit Per Hour: About 20-50k per hour, depending on combat level

Method Two: Hill Giant Slaying (recommended combat level: 40+)

Where: Edgeville Dungeon

edgeville_dungeon.png

Hill Giants are all the way to the south. In F2P you do not have access to the wilderness portion of the dungeon.

Giants are profitable because they 100% drop the best F2P bones, big bones! Big bones sell for around 425 coins each after a recent rise in prices. Giants also drop limpwurt roots, gems, and occasionally runes.

Note: The Edgeville Dungeon is ALWAYS very crowded. Try to play at off-peak times (6 AM on a Sunday morning would be good) so that throngs of other players do not discourage you.

Profit Per Hour: 20-60k, depending on combat level and population in dungeon

Method Three: Wilderness Volcano

Recommendations:

60+ Attack

60+ Defence

60+ Strength

Where: The Wilderness Volcano (the old Bounty Hunter crater)

The Wilderness Volcano is home to the strongest monsters in F2P, the Lesser Demons, Greater Demons, Ankous, and Hellhounds. Three of the four monsters are quite profitable, whereas hellhounds only drop bones. This method is a lot more luck based than the other two methods because there is no 100% drop you can rely on unlike methods one and two. However, the reward is potentially a lot higher. My friend once logged an astonishing 175k profit in one hour due to the drops of three rune full helms and two rune chainbodies among other things. Greater demons provide the best profit, then ankous, then lesser demons.

It is recommended that you have 55 Magic to use this method in order for High Level Alchemy, but this is not needed. It is also recommended that you wear full rune or an equivalent as well as use a Rune Scimitar.

Note also that you must travel through the Wilderness in order to get to the Wilderness volcano, so be prepared for revenant attack. You need not bring full armor because there is a bank at the Wilderness Volcano which you must use to periodically withdraw food, hopefully tunas or better.

Profit Per Hour: 30k-150k, depending on how lucky you are + combat level, 150k will only be achieved with extreme luck

Method Four: Cockroach Killing

Recommendations:

60+ Attack

60+ Defence

60+ Strength

If you don't like going to the Wilderness, and you DO like killing things with your friends, then cockroach killing is for you. Cockroaches have a semi-rare drop of the valuable rune scimitar (around 30k) and also drop runes and assorted other alchables. Bring an inventory of full lobsters. It is recommended to melee these cockroaches only because their ranged attack is stronger and more powerful.

Profit Per Hour: around 40-50k per hour if with friends, 35-45k per hour without friends. I don't recommend this method.

In summation, money making WHILE training...

3-40 Cows

40-80 Hill Giants

80- Wilderness Volcano or Cockroach Killing

F2P Cooking Moneymaking Guide

There is really only one way to make money effectively doing F2P Cooking... making pizzas! There are three ways you can profit by making pizza, but only one is effective. This method requires 55 Cooking, and a large supply of uncooked or cooked pizzas as well as a large supply of anchovies.

Anchovy pizzas are among the best healers in F2P, healing nine HP per bite, or eighteen total. They can be made by simply using some cooked anchovies on the pizza. Note that cooked anchovies are sometimes hard to buy. Each anchovy put on the pizza will give 39 Cooking Experience and will make a profit of 60-70 coins. At max speed you can make 100K+ gp and 50K+ xp per hour, nothing to be scoffed at. This method is not recommended for powerleveling cooking because there are much faster ways to get experience, even in F2P.

Profit Per Hour: 100K+, although you might have to wait a while before your anchovies buy. The more bulk you can buy them in the better.

F2P Woodcutting Moneymaking Guide

Woodcutting is an overrated and overused method to make money in F2P, regardless, it is still a decent method. The three profitable trees are Regular Trees, Oak Trees, and Yew Trees. I'll go into detail about each one

1) Regular Trees

Profit Per Hour: 20k

Where To Cut: South of the Grand Exchange, North of the Varrock West Bank. Bank at Either

Recommended Level: 1-15

2) Oak Trees

Profit Per Hour: 15k (you may be thinking, why would I chop these when I can chop regular logs instead? Because these provide more experience so you can get to Yews faster)

Where To Cut: East of Varrock East Bank. Bank at Varrock East Bank

Recommended Level: 15-60

3) Yew Trees

Profit Per Hour: At Level 99 with a Dragon Hatchet, you can make around 120k per hour. This is obviously unrealistic for F2P, woodcutting maxes at about 100k per hour on an empty world. It's probably around 60k an hour for level 60's.

Where To Cut: (from best to worst)

South of Edgeville, bank at Edgeville Bank

edgeville_yews.png

North of Varrock Castle, bank at GE

South of Falador, bank at East Falador Bank

Recommended Level: 60+

Note that Yew Logs are only this profitable when alone. Again, this will likely not be the scenario as many other players attempt to chop Yews. The Edgeville Ruins trees are most likely to have no one there.

NEVER chop willows for profit. They are only useful for xp.

F2P Fishing Moneymaking Guide

I have a lot of personal experience Fishing while F2P. It is AFK-able and lends itself to crowds much more than Woodcutting. However, profits at the max end aren't as good and xp is slower until you reach yews (it's about 30k xp/hr for both Fishing and Woodcutting)

Level 15+

Catch anchovies, about 10 k/hr (net) south of Draynor Village.

Levels 35+

Catch tuna on Karamja (harpoon). EXPLORERS RING 3 SPEEDS THIS UP GREATLY. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND USE OF THE EXPLORERS RING 3 TO BANK YOUR FISH AT DRAYNOR VILLAGE BANK. Remember to bring 30 coins for the boat trip to Karamja from Port Sarim.

Profit Per Hour: 15k

Levels 40+

Catch lobsters on Karamja (lobster cage). Once again, Explorers Ring 3 Speeds this up GREATLY, making perhaps an additional 5-10k an hour. Use if possible!

Profit Per Hour:

40-50: About 40-50k per hour

50-60: About 50-60k per hour

60-70: About 60-70k per hour

70+: About 70k+ per hour

Now for the eternal debate: lobbies versus swordies.

Lobbies win, end of argument. I have done research on this topic, lobsters are about 5k better for money and just slightly worse for experience. So fish lobbies for money, and if you really want experience go fly fishing at Barbarian Village.

F2P Mining Moneymaking Guide

Mining starts off slowly. Until Level 60 you'll barely make a profit, and if doing the most profitable methods you'll lose out on xp/hr. However, even on Level One you can mine rune essence which gives around 25k per hour (note: you must do Rune Mysteries before), and at level 85 it becomes the best moneymaking method in all of F2P.

1+

Rune Essence (teleport with Aubury, bank at West Varrock Bank)

15+

Iron Ore

West Varrock Mine (bank at West Varrock Bank) or East Varrock Mine (bank at East Varrock Bank)

Profit Per Hour: 35k

I would stick to mining Iron Ore until Level 60, however at Level 50 two new options become available, both require the Explorers Ring 3 to be the most profitable

50+ Option One, Coal Mining

Coal mining is too slow until level 50 mining. At level 50 mining you can make about 5k more per hour with coal mining than what you can make with iron mining, although xp will still be faster iron mining. Mine at the Lumbridge Swamp West Mine and bank at Draynor with the Explorers Ring 3.

50+ Option Two, Gold Mining (also requires 40 Crafting)

This option needs the Explorers Ring 3 or else it is not as fast money wise or xp wise as Iron Mining

Mine at the Crafting Guild (always wear brown apron) and bank at Draynor using explorers ring 3.

60+

Now you can begin to mine coal in the Mining Guild. Bank at the East Falador Bank. This method will result in about 50k per hour.

70+

Finally, we can make some serious money mining adamantite ore. Adamantite ore sells for 1.1k each, meaning each full load will bring in around 30k+! Once again, mining at the Lumbridge Swamp mines is probably your best option. Remember to world hop, otherwise the respawn time of the rocks is way too slow. You can make possibly around 100k/hr with this method, but more likely it will be closer to 75k.

85+

RUNE! RUNE! RUNE!!!!1111111111!!1!!111!!!!1111

Mine this in the deep Wilderness mine. Remember again to world hop. You can make potentially around 300-350k per hour with this method. Bank at the Wilderness Volcano bank. Remember to wear full green dragonhide if possible to help avoid revenant danger.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

Good guide, but it has been made before. My advice to you is to make some in-depth breakdowns of the money you make, factoring in variables such as how crowded it is, possible problems you can encounter while using this method, etc.

My breakdown of the guide:

Usefulness - 4/5

Originality - 2/5

Use of pictures - 4/5

Grammar - 5/5

Grand total - 15/20 - Average

Not bad, I could use it.

EDIT: Add some distinction between the methods themselves and the text that follows. (Colors and changes in font size)

Example:

Method 4: Such and such

Recommendations:

60+ Blah

60+ Etc.

For this method go to so and so and...

Good guide, but it has been made before. My advice to you is to make some in-depth breakdowns of the money you make, factoring in variables such as how crowded it is, possible problems you can encounter while using this method, etc.

My breakdown of the guide:

Usefulness - 4/5

Originality - 2/5

Use of pictures - 4/5

Grammar - 5/5

Grand total - 15/20 - Average

Not bad, I could use it.

EDIT: Add some distinction between the methods themselves and the text that follows. (Colors and changes in font size)

Example:

Method 4: Such and such

Recommendations:

60+ Blah

60+ Etc.

For this method go to so and so and...

Thanks for the commentary! Changing all my stuff now.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Guide :thumbsup:

I would recommend abandoning the $$$ symbols because you just end up looking back to figure out how many $ it means. Either use 1-5 or just say this method can make around 60k per hour.

• 2 months later...

What about Runecrafting?

95+ RC with Water Runes grants you about 200k gp/hour. (From RS wiki)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• 2 weeks later...

What about Runecrafting?

95+ RC with Water Runes grants you about 200k gp/hour. (From RS wiki)

true....this f2p moneymaking guide was only 1/2 useful, and all the tips that I saw seemed common, and not quite worth the risk. Overall, to actually rate this guide, I'll use the previous rating system that the other guy used:

Usefulness - 2/5 (Commonalities more or less made it seem like all the others)

Originality - 2/5 (Seen it before, and everyone says that these ways are good when they aren't too good)

Use of pictures - 3/5 (The fact that you didn't really add any screenshots of you doing these could make some people wonder if you are truthful)

Grammar - 5/5 (Grammar is about the only thing good with this...sadly to say :ohnoes: )

Overall: 60% (or 12/20). This guide has many issues that need to be fixed, some of which made me more confused than actually helped....

div>

• 3 months later...

On your tip about picking up tuna, there's a bank deposit box here:

untitled2.png

So all you need to bring is a good amount of money(300 coins or more), cabbageport, deposit, and back to Karamja. Much faster than Draynor banking.