Mini Games: Blast Furnace

Kiara_Kat

• 10 months later...

"The bar dispenser will only hold up to 28 of each bar - you will not be allowed to make more of that bar type until you remove your finished bars."

This is a bit misleading. The bar dispenser will only hold 28 bars. Period. I smelted 28 mithril bars with 28 adamantite ores in my inventory, thinking I could add them in after the bars smelted. But it told me to remove my bars before making any more.

[pokemama edit 9/2: I've investigated this a bit further. Turns out it won't let you use the "put ore on belt" universal command any more when there's 28 in dispenser - but if you are determined you can add the ore to the conveyor belt one at a time (though I don't know who'd be stubborn enough to do that, lol). So that explains the conflictingl answers we got. Thanks very much for posting and I'll try to clarify this in the next guide update.]

• 9 months later...

A minor correction: Ores previously would not save if left on the conveyor belt rather than in the boiler, but this seems to have been changed. I haven't checked it thoroughly, just a single short test, but I did see another player consistently leaving large amounts of ore on the belt with no apparent fear of loss. After I warned her that they were liable to disappear, she said she thought that had been changed.

By the way, thanks to whoever put me in the credits for this guide, I wasn't really expecting it for my soloing tips. :D

NinjaUnderbannerSmallest.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ores left on the belt will not disappear, unless you log out. I tried that to my loss of 200 coals.

The maximum coals the furnace can hold is not 224 but rather 254.

There is a cut off point (220?) where after there is that amount of coals inside the furnace, the server will prevent you from putting any more coals on the belt.

Any coals put in amounting to more then 254 will be lost. I tried putting a hundred coals on the belt when I had 200 inside. End result: 254 coals and the rest lost.

• 4 weeks later...
Ores left on the belt will not disappear, unless you log out. I tried that to my loss of 200 coals.

Yes, that is the way it was previously. I tested it by logging out with stuff on the belt, and it *seems* to have been changed. However, it was only one test, so I can't be sure.

NinjaUnderbannerSmallest.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.