Barrows Set-Up

Gandalf14141

Here's the deal. I want to do barrows to switch it up a bit. I have 70 prayer, how many ppots would I need a trip? Also what is a good set-up to have and what technique should I use? Stats are in siggy.

EDIT: Forgot to put, I only have 1.8m and I don't want to use slayer dart, as that seems like it costs more than I can make from it.

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

If you do it right, you should only need 1 ppot, and you won't even use it up every time.

[hide=My setup]barrows.png

(You can change some of this stuff around, of course. If you don't have veracs, use torags/dharoks or another good defense boosting armor. The rest is up to you. I use a rather expensive setup, so just change it around as you see fit.[/hide]

And my method:

(I'm assuming you already know the basics of how barrows works. If not, read a couple guides first ;P)

I use slayer dart. Some like to use salamanders instead, but I've always done this and it's fast and cheap. You really only need to buy runes for the first time, because after that, the rewards from the barrows chest will re-supply your runes for you.

You have 50 construction, so if you have a portal room and have done desert treasure, I highly recommend getting a canifis portal if you don't have it already. This way, you can use house teletabs to go to your house, charge your pray, and tele right back to canifis.

When I get to barrows, I start at Dharok's mound. Enter, turn on protect melee, mage him to death, then leave.

After that, I go to Karil, and do the same (except with protect range prayer). I also have 70 pray and I've never had any problems having enough points to defeat these two. In fact, I almost always have extra.

Following Karil, I go to Verac's mound. If I have any extra pray points I use them here. He can hit through pray, but if you're praying melee he'll only hit about half as much.

After that, Torag and then Guthan. These two are very easy, so you don't need to use any prayer here. They get a couple good shots in every once in a while (Both max around 20-22), but a lot of the time I can defeat them without even getting hit.

Last but not least is Ahrim. Switch to range armor, equip whatever bow you like to use (I chose Karil's bow for the speed+good hits, though a rune cbow with good bolts works just as well if thats what you like). Turn your bow on 'rapid' style, and keep impaling Ahrim until he's dead. No prayer needed, though he'll get in a few more good shots than the others.

One of those, of course, will be your tunnel. It's different every time. Equip your whip or other melee weapon before going into the tunnels. No reason to waste runes/bolts on rats and skeletons, yeah?

If your tunnel is Dharok or Karil-- When you run into them in the tunnel, drink 2-3 doses of your pray pot before re-equipping your staff and fight them with pray on. Be VERY careful on Dharok, as your prayer will drain quickly in the tunnel, so keep an eye on it and be ready to drink another dose if you need to. When he gets down to the last of his HP, he can kill most players in 2 or 3 hits.

If your tunnel is Ahrim, Torag, Guthan, or Verac-- When you see them in the tunnel, just equip your staff/bow, and knock them out.

As far as kill count goes, I like to stay somewhere in the range of 12-15. Kill count does not effect getting an armor reward from the chest, only the runes. If you do less than 10 you won't be getting as much as you could, and if you do more than 20 you're wasting your time.

After I get the reward, I just break a home teletab, charge my prayer up there, portal back to canifis and restock my food/pots/etc at the bank there before returning to barrows through the shortcut behind the bar (You should have this shortcut if you've done In Search of the Myreque, I think).

Good luck~

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

With ice_goddess1's setup swap the cape for the god cape, helm for farseers (same bonuses and doesn't degrade), take a spirit shield (no negatives and cheap as hell) and personally I'd say melee ahrim and karils with rune/dds+rune defender just replace one monkfish with a combat pot.

If you have guthans already take about 5 prayer pots and the rest pineapple pizzas and just camp there for 10+ runs.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]