Reclaiming a Hijacked Steam Account.

Azvareth

So I'm making this for a friend of mine who seems to have gone and had his Steam account hijacked. In order to get it back, he needs to follow the description given on this Steam Support page. It says he needs to send in some account details, login name, CD key number; no biggy - but then it says something about a ticket, and in the images provided the ticket is a series of 12 numbers. Our question is, where do you get this ticket number? It should be fairly obvious since we've googled around and no one else seems to have had this problem, so I guess we're just particularly dumb or whatever. Would be swell if he could get some help with this, though! Thanks in advance!

2009rb9.jpg

I'm guessing that the ticket number is number of your open support ticket with steam? (Though I dunno how you'd get that before you submitted the ticket :-s )

It also looks like you could just write the steam name under the CD key instead of the ticket number.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-QDFN-4366#submit - "If retail software is registered to the account, attach a digital photo or scan of the CD Key registered to the account. Write the Steam account username on the quick reference card or CD Key sticker below the code in permanent ink."

I'm guessing that the ticket number is number of your open support ticket with steam? (Though I dunno how you'd get that before you submitted the ticket :-s )

It also looks like you could just write the steam name under the CD key instead of the ticket number.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-QDFN-4366#submit - "If retail software is registered to the account, attach a digital photo or scan of the CD Key registered to the account. Write the Steam account username on the quick reference card or CD Key sticker below the code in permanent ink."

Yeah that's kinda what we figured. I guess he could just try that, and if it's incorrect Valve will probably explain a bit better how to go about it. Thanks Errdoth!

2009rb9.jpg