Microsoft Security Essentials (Free AntiVirus & AntiMalware)

XxTearGodxX

Seems pretty damn awesome, it's in beta right now I didn't get a copy to download since they were limited but here's a video below of someone test running it through malicious links and it stops all of them, pretty damn awesome I'd say.

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

xxteargodxx.png

I doubt I'll be using it simply because it's still one of their many attempts into the security world. Until/unless this one really comes to fruition, I'll stick with a company that revolves around antivirus software. It certainly will not run Norton, Mcafee, etc, out of the market because it's too late to the party. Norton and Mcafee get so many users because they constantly throw their software out there.

If it works like shown in the video on a myriad of different things, then :thumbup:.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I doubt I'll be using it simply because it's still one of their many attempts into the security world. Until/unless this one really comes to fruition, I'll stick with a company that revolves around antivirus software. It certainly will not run Norton, Mcafee, etc, out of the market because it's too late to the party. Norton and Mcafee get so many users because they constantly throw their software out there.

If it works like shown in the video on a myriad of different things, then :thumbup:.

I'd assume all Microsoft has to do is offer this to people via Windows Update and assuming alot of people have their Updates turned on they'll get offered this download it and ditch their Anti Viruses.

Honestly if this works as well as it does in that video in Beta I'm assuming it's gonna be pretty damn awesome when it's fully released and see no reason why someone should pay for an Anti Virus when they can have this for free.

xxteargodxx.png