Router Problems

runescapeloser22

Today my internet was going really slow, and the router was giving out a very weak signal. So I restarted it, and when I went back to my computer, it showed something different. Instead of showing just one internet connection (it's usually called "Master_of_the_Universe"), it shows 2. "Master" had no signal strength at all, and when I tried to join it, it wouldn't let me. It still had the normal WEP password too. The other one was called linksys. This one had a very strong signal, and had no security and works perfectly.

I'm not sure what's wrong, but I want it to go back to just "Master_of_the_Universe". Obviously it is a linksys router, and all the lights look normal on it except for the top one that says "Security" isn't lit up.

Thanks!

You probably reset it instead of just restarting, or the router doesnt remember its settings when it restarts.

Either way, you need to go to your routers control panel and set up the security again.

By the way: Dont use WEP since it takes about 5 minutes to crack.

darksigjd4.jpg

[Ellhound JR][Combat [bleep]][138][200M Attack XP][134/200M Hitpoints XP][250+ jad kills][ <!-- m -->http://www.ellhound.com<!-- m -->]

Yeah, that was the problem. Thanks!

And I live in a suburban neighborhood where everyone around me has WiFi, so nobody is going to need to crack it. They would have to sit outside my house to do it anyway, so it would be pretty suspicious.

You'd be surprised how often people use others' wifi. Usually for shady purposes. But its your choice, glad you got it working again.

darksigjd4.jpg

[Ellhound JR][Combat [bleep]][138][200M Attack XP][134/200M Hitpoints XP][250+ jad kills][ <!-- m -->http://www.ellhound.com<!-- m -->]