Aging Capes

Blipo

Ok, I' going to attempt at creating an idea here, so don't flame me if I don't do a good job - I'm new at it :P

Beta Cape - Recieved if your character participated in the RuneScape 2 Beta. (Cape with RS B on the back?)

Old-School Cape - Recieved if your character played at least 6 months RS-C. (RSC)

Cape of Ancients - Recieved if your character was played in the first six months of RuneScape's creation. (RSA)

2-Year Cape - Recieved if you have been playing two or more years. (2)

4-Year Cape - Recieved if you have been playing four or more years.(4)

(Continues 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 50 if RuneScape goes that long)

These capes, of course, don't disappear if you get a new one. There would be an NPC you can talk to, who gives you your capes and also holds them for you. You could have all sorts of special capes, like a cape you get when you reach a certain QP, for example.

Yes? No?

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

That would be very nice! I don't know though if Jagex would be bothered sifting through all the characters created to check though.

They could just create a loop to scan their database :P

summerpngwy6.jpg

That would be very nice! I don't know though if Jagex would be bothered sifting through all the characters created to check though.

They could just create a loop to scan their database :P

Heck I know that. I still think they would be too lazy though :P

So the cape will identify to another person how long the person with the cape has been playing RuneScape?

What if a person wears it to the wild or dies some freakish way and ends up losing their cape?

This sounds like a neat idea, but can you answer my questions please :P

gors2.gif

So the cape will identify to another person how long the person with the cape has been playing RuneScape?

What if a person wears it to the wild or dies some freakish way and ends up losing their cape?

This sounds like a neat idea, but can you answer my questions please :P

Try reading next time...

It's like untradable holiday items. They're untradable! And if you die, some... NPC gives it/them back!

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

Otherwise it just takes up room. and is pretty pointless

I would prefer having an old-school cape rather than the green one that's in my bank

-masuma

tifsbti6oi.gif

Woah, I never knew Tip.It had that sig. I'll keep it since it's cool (and to make people wonder what was in my sig).

Sorry, no. Even though these proposed capes are obviously meant for people who've played for a longer period of time, people will flood JAGeX with complaints.

Also, I don't think many people would actually wear these capes to make them worth coding. Assuming they would have no stat bonus (it would be unfair if they did), most players would wear one for a while and then put a useful cape on again.

lpinkus

I think the idea is pretty cool, it would be another bragging-like feature. People look I've played for more than 4 years. Nothing wrong with that though.

Ok, it is rather pointless but hey doesn't that account for phats and h'ween masks too??? Keep up the good work Blipo.

Woot, woott...teach us uncle kll...

I say yes! I'd sport my Old-School Cape, beats the cabbage outa legends (yes i said cabbage not a cuss word)

Not really, since the Legend's cape would have better stats. I guess some people want to look different more than anything.

lpinkus

hmm i support this idea.. @ least when pple ask u how long have u played the game.. u could reply "look @ my cape"

:lol:

no doubt legends cape can add more to stats.. why not make this kinda cape neutral.. no additional to any of the stats..

Perhaps this will make players think twice before doning the cape..

regarding if the player get pked.. or died.. the item could disappear.. juz like mime wear.. if u die.. it disappear.. *i died once during mining when i am wearing mime wear.. killed by golem.. *

• 2 weeks later...