barrows

hable

im going barrows with my friend. im maxed melee so what should i use?

and hes 81 all melee 86 range and 86 mage what should he use?

does the black salamander thing cover all brothers and if it does what ones should we pray on and what armour to use with black sallies?

99 Atk/Str/Def/HP.

Ha46le.png

Ha46le.png

ha46le.png

slaying the bordom..one task at a time

If your maxed melee, veracs or a godsword are good methods for you to kill the barrows :)

For your friend, not so much melee, but he could verac too. His best bet would be slayer dart I think :o

Black sallys do cover all the brothers I think, but I've never personally used it so I can't say :P

Have a lookie at this guide too http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=barrows_guide.htm :D

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

If your friend wants to mage fire wave or any of the other wave spells would be cheaper and more cost effective then slayer dart.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

If your friend wants to mage fire wave or any of the other wave spells would be cheaper and more cost effective then slayer dart.

I don't think that's true at all.

Slayer dart means you can wear melee armour whilst maging (saves invent space), and you basically recoup all the deaths/minds you use in runes from the chests. It doesn't cost a thing really beyond prayer pots/food.

It'd cost a lot more for him to use bloods and wave spells, even if it may be a little quicker.

Astynak.png

magic dart is 456

fire wave is 444 (using air staff)

Magic dart's max at 86 magic is 18, fire wave is 20.

Magic dart gives 30+ exp

Fire wave gives 42.5+ exp

Another Myth that needs to be addressed is the "Slayer Dart myth." The origin of this myth was that this spell was mostly used for either barrows or Dagannoth King. Problem with these 2? DK Rex has a poor Magic defence as per the combat triangle design of Waterbirth island, and some of the Barrows Brothers have poor magic defence. It wasn't particularly hard to hit them with spells in the first place, but since most people use Slayer Dart only for these 2 areas, the myth arose. Fact is that it is still affected by Magic Bonus, and hence why it is suggested that your Magic attack bonus to never fall below -15 to -20, anything below that you start splashing regardless of your magic level. You pretty much always miss if your attack bonus is -60.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

If your maxed melee, veracs or a godsword are good methods for you to kill the barrows :)

For your friend, not so much melee, but he could verac too. His best bet would be slayer dart I think :o

Black sallys do cover all the brothers I think, but I've never personally used it so I can't say :P

Have a lookie at this guide too http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=barrows_guide.htm :D

Black Sally does indeed cover all the brothers, but even if you choose this method I'd personally still take a whip/GS for Kharil and the tunnels since at the very least you're saving your harra tar. If you're going to take a GS anyway though, you might as well take down all the brothers using that!

Mordendravid.png