Withdraw Multiple Items

Zarosian

So, I was reading a post about withdrawing the runes for a spell from the bank, by clicking on the spell itself. And it got me thinking...

I propose a button on the bottom of the bank (next to the Deposit Familiar Items button) that allows you to set a base amount of multiple items to withdraw.

Example: Say you're fletching, and you need to withdraw 14 Yew Longbows (u), and 14 Bowstrings. You can right click on this button and set an amount of items to withdraw, in a variety of items up to 10.

So, after i set the button, i could simply left-click on it, and it would automatically withdraw 14 Yew Longbows (u) and 14 Bowstrings, if my inventory had enough space, otherwise it would cut out the later items, and keep them in the bank.

I could also set it to withdraw a Mage set, for example:

1x Infinity Robe Top

1x Infinity Robe Bottoms

1x Infinity Boots

1x Barrows Gloves

1x Infinity hat

1x Lava Battlestaff

1x Guthix book

... and so on.

In my opinion, its a simple idea that can make a lot of people's live easier, but i'm not exactly sure yet, so any suggestions or comments would be great.

To any flamers, spammers, or people who feel the urgent need to aggressively attack my idea or me personally, you'll be simply ignored and passed over.

Thanks for any ideas or (friendly) comments.

eleidinis.png

That's a good idea.

Although, I won't really use it, since I'm so used to right-clicking my items in my bank. :P

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Useful, there is no doubt.

However, I don't agree with all of the suggestions that are essentially adding "legal macros". While I like the idea and would certain appreciate having it, I just don't feel it's "right", so to speak", to add it. Whenever I think about it, it just seems like Jagex giving players a "legal macro", to use the same term.

People macro in order to save time. There are macros for fishing, for example, that automatically drop fish or follow a fishing spot that moves. There are dropping macros that drop your inventory. There are combat macros that eat when you are low in health and ensure you are always in combat. There are macros for almost everything. In fact, there is for certain a fletching macro that automatically withdraws 14 unstrung bows and 14 bowstrings. When should we legalize this macro by making a built-in one in-game?

Will we eventually automatically follow fishing spots? Will we eventually have built-in auto-droppers? Drop-X options? Automatic eating?

Somewhere, a line has to be drawn. For me, this suggestion is past that line. You and other people may have a different idea of where that line is, but personally speaking, this is past it. We cannot keep asking Jagex to make built-in codes to perform actions for us. It doesn't feel proper to me, and as I've said, will lead to more problems.

To clarify, I like this suggestion. I would like to see this added, in a perfect world. However, the consequences (moral and otherwise) outweigh the benefits, and therefore I will have to say that this should not be implemented into the game.

However, I don't agree with all of the suggestions that are essentially adding "legal macros". While I like the idea and would certain appreciate having it, I just don't feel it's "right", so to speak", to add it. Whenever I think about it, it just seems like Jagex giving players a "legal macro", to use the same term.

People macro in order to save time. There are macros for fishing, for example, that automatically drop fish or follow a fishing spot that moves. There are dropping macros that drop your inventory. There are combat macros that eat when you are low in health and ensure you are always in combat. There are macros for almost everything. In fact, there is for certain a fletching macro that automatically withdraws 14 unstrung bows and 14 bowstrings. When should we legalize this macro by making a built-in one in-game?

Will we eventually automatically follow fishing spots? Will we eventually have built-in auto-droppers? Drop-X options? Automatic eating?

Somewhere, a line has to be drawn. For me, this suggestion is past that line. You and other people may have a different idea of where that line is, but personally speaking, this is past it. We cannot keep asking Jagex to make built-in codes to perform actions for us. It doesn't feel proper to me, and as I've said, will lead to more problems.

To clarify, I like this suggestion. I would like to see this added, in a perfect world. However, the consequences (moral and otherwise) outweigh the benefits, and therefore I will have to say that this should not be implemented into the game.

I haven't logged into this Forum account in YEARS, but I have today to tell you Zaaps1, my old friend: You are 100% right. We already have Cook-X and Fletch-X, what next? Burn-X? FM is already fast enough IMO. Then we'll get Drop-X (That's PowerMining, PowerCutting and PowerFishing. Three Terrorbirds with One Stone of Jas, you could say =P).

One way to fix it would be simply to be able to open Armour Sets on the go. However, to avoid "Items kept on Death" abuse, you shouldn't be able to put items back in their box. By that I mean the GE sets. You can of course change a full set of infinity and a full set of green d'hide into GE Sets, why not be able to open them on the go?

I haven't logged into this Forum account in YEARS, but I have today to tell you Zaaps1, my old friend: You are 100% right. We already have Cook-X and Fletch-X, what next? Burn-X? FM is already fast enough IMO. Then we'll get Drop-X (That's PowerMining, PowerCutting and PowerFishing. Three Terrorbirds with One Stone of Jas, you could say =P).

One way to fix it would be simply to be able to open Armour Sets on the go. However, to avoid "Items kept on Death" abuse, you shouldn't be able to put items back in their box. By that I mean the GE sets. You can of course change a full set of infinity and a full set of green d'hide into GE Sets, why not be able to open them on the go?

Mm, I can indeed see what you're both saying. And sadly, I have to agree. I started the thread with an view on both sides, but now I see myself leaning towards your side.

I find it truly sad that runescape has fallen to the level where Jagex must deprive it's true players of incredibly useful updates, in order to not help macro'ers and all the other lawbreakers.

Too bad. Well anyways, I've now lost interest in this thread, Adios Amigos!

eleidinis.png

Lol despite the over winded arguments against, I still support.

All this does is make repetitive banking easier. That means players spend more time doing things that they enjoy.

You say that this makes it far too easy to reach 99, yet every time jagex does anything that reduces mouse clicks, they add a time delay. Clicking the mouse fewer times doesn't make any of the 99's easier to achieve as without a doubt there would be a pause between clicking the withdraw button, and the items actually showing up in your inv.

So please, what valuable gameplay is added by forcing people to repeatedly click the mouse over and over and over. Other then an increased chance of hospitalization... nothing. Now I'm not talking about making more skills afk, as I'm against that. But truly now, what important part of the game is lost, if we are able to bank with a couple fewer clicks of the mouse?

Elfwall.png

elfwall.png