Upgrading my PS3

Severation

On the subject of upgrading PS3 hard drives, how do you guys back up the current data? I guess the only way to do this is to use an external USB HDD but my big issue is that you must format the USB drive FAT32, but FAT32 has a partition limit of about 32GB, which is obviously not big enough to backup the entire drive.....

Will the PS3 backup across multiple FAT32 partitions on one drive?

32GB should be fine if you just take your game saves and whatever you can of your downloadable content. Everything else like the data you install onto your PS3 can just be re-downloaded the next time you play the game. You can also get an external HDD that is already in FAT32 and backup everything and not have to worry about it too. FAT32 isn't limited to 32GB partition because at one point I had my 250GB external FAT32 before I formatted to some mac format thing.

tFtfA.jpg

On the subject of upgrading PS3 hard drives, how do you guys back up the current data? I guess the only way to do this is to use an external USB HDD but my big issue is that you must format the USB drive FAT32, but FAT32 has a partition limit of about 32GB, which is obviously not big enough to backup the entire drive.....

I honestly have no idea! maybe the ps3 has its own way around this.

but that also leads me to my next problem

Will my Modern Warfare 2 online statistics be saved with my psn log-in, or will i have to back it up?

boratto.jpg

I honestly have no idea! maybe the ps3 has its own way around this.

but that also leads me to my next problem

Will my Modern Warfare 2 online statistics be saved with my psn log-in, or will i have to back it up?

They're saved with your login email and such. Storing it locally leads to easy account hacking.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.