In what direction to move my P2P character?

dwdwdw

So i've just been casually levelling an account which has p2p, my range is 54 and my mining is 50. These are the only two skills I've got and I've so far made about 1.1 million gp just from selling drops/mining. I'm interested in staying a 1 defense ranged pure if that's an option, but i've also read about ranged tanks. Could anyone give me some guidance as to what sort of stats I should aim for? Please try not to reply with things like "get up str and attack omg" or "remake account plz". They aren't helpful :)

First off, if you need help or any hints at all for mining, please take a look at my mining guide. The link to it is in my signature. Also, if you could provide me some data for some of the methods listed, that would be great as well.

The ideal tank would, obviously, be 99 ranged and 99 defense. If you want lower, that shouldn't be a problem. For ranged, just pick any figure. Many players decide to end ranged training at 60 (I believe), when they get access to the Dark Bow. I believe 80 is the requirement for PvP weapons, if you are interested in those. For defense, it's a little trickier. You could end at 40, for rune, 60 for dragon, or 70 for barrows.

pvp weapons are 72, not 80. also, most tank ranger's ive seen stop at 70 def for barrows, or 75 for dfs.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I love to pking and i was f2p most of the time. Two things are pure range or range tank. It really depends on how much train you want to do. Pure range just get range up and if you like the idea of venging then magic to 94 or another idea is range combo to a mele weapon (gmaul, dds, or gs). As for range tanker high range 40, 50, 60, or 70 defence for rune, granite, dragon, barrows and most tankers have 94 mage for veng.