!!!!Merchant!!!!

helmker

From past experience I have learned that story have to be short for alot of people to take the time to read them. So in that theme I made a poem short and meaningful. Hope you enjoy and like always please post any comments.

Merchant

Merchant I pity thee

Why oh why canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t you see

Buying low and selling high

You steal money and even lie

Your way is mean and even wrong

Stop your doing itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s been to long

Leave the bank, go out, go play

Experience the land thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s all I say

~Helm~

intresting...

Unfortuanetly the idea of people not merchanting would take out the most important thing keeping 99% of the money out of the hands of the top 5000 people (based on total lv or how good of a pker they are).

Now write one about scamming.

Pm me if you need anything proof-read, I may not be very good, but I am always willing to help.

A Seal Clubber is me!

A Oxygenarin is me!

6*9=42

That is the most stereotypical poem about merchants I have ever read. Merchants are commonly confused for scammer. GOOD merchants do not lie and scam. SCAMMERS do. And who's to say merchants don't train skills? I merchant, and I love to craft and smith. Don't assume that because you see many of us shouting in falador or varrock all the time means we are actually there "all the time"

questcapesigbalh.gif

The Once and Future Quest Guru

• 2 weeks later...
dude its just a poem

I beg your pardon, its just a subject I feel incredibly strongly about. We don't "experience the land" you say? and those woodcutter spending their time in Seers' DO?? And what I dont understand most is why people say skill workers work harder than merchanters. That is the most absurd argument I've ever heard.

Lets say the number of clicks of a mouse to get woodcutting to 75 = number of keystrokes to obtain money for merchanting and to practice and learn.

Lets say for every click of a mouse, you get 2 magic logs. You clikck 14 times, get 28k.

A merchanter does this

Selling x stuff!!! 10K!!! -----Player name

That takes 44 keystrokes by my count, assuming you are just typing in plain old yellow, without any special chat effects (which several merchanters use)

World 1 or 2 being as busy as it is, you probably wont be heard the first time you say it, so lets say you type that in 5 time before getting a trader. Thats 220 keystrokes (again without special effects). This person will either give you exactly what you're looking for, or just be some scammer or other person you will ultimately decline with. Then you will have to repeat the proccess a few times.

Lets see... 14 clicks for one round of woodcutting, 220 keystrokes for one round of merchanting

Who is doing more work, hm?

(I'm sorry, again as I said, this is a subject I feel very strongly about :evil:)

questcapesigbalh.gif

The Once and Future Quest Guru

Your clicking formula is very interesting and all :roll: but i dont care. Its a peom and if people who read it want to comment on it that would be great. But what i dont want is someone telling me merchants do more work because they click more. lol sorry if i have hurt any1s feelings lol.

• 2 weeks later...

ug, someone_els should drop it before somebody_else picks the topic up again.

Leave the guy alone He wrote it as a poem more than as a critique of merchanting lifestyle. I'm going to refrain from putting my two bits in on merchants.

actually, maybe I won't, It's a necessary evil.

Pm me if you need anything proof-read, I may not be very good, but I am always willing to help.

A Seal Clubber is me!

A Oxygenarin is me!

6*9=42