WMV file?

StrikerRay

Hey people. I'm entering a contest with a video and in the rules it says I can put the video file in WMV and I have it in that form, or at least I think so. The picture of the file says WMV for when I put my cursor over it, it says Windows Media Audio/Video file. I'm not quite sure if that's the same thing, but when i go to enter the contest and go to select my video, it doesn't show up in my folder.

What should I do?!

Thanks runescape!

EDIT: OKAY NEW EMERGENCY! I went to go convert with a free converter and it made it 200 kbs (instead of 9MB) and 3 seconds long (instead of 6 mins)! How do I get it back?!

\:D/ Ray::P2P::::Roaming Around::::Phat me pl0x?::::Beamster:: \:D/

reduccionoy9.jpg

Well, you should've made a backup of your video before doing something like that. Most of the chances though are that you still have it where it was saved originally.

As for WMV, it is Windows Media Video, so yes, it was the format you needed.

Yes but when I go to enter the contest and click "select file" it's not there so I'm assuming it's a wrong format or something. It says in the rules that it can be in WMV, I have no idea why it's not showing up. :(

oh and I got my original video back, thank god I know janitors.

reduccionoy9.jpg

wmv is the correct file you are looking for. Save it to the desktop and search for it there. It's a safe way to make sure I am selecting exactly the thing I want to upload. And yes, always have a copy or back up :P If the contest says it accepts wmv, then you should be able to upload it. Sorry I can't be of more help, just going off of what was said.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Okay I've tried moving it to the desktop and finding it there but still, nothing shows up. I don't understand!

In my folder I've got 5 songs and my video . When I go to enter the contest I go to that folder and the songs show up, but not the video. This is ridiculous.

reduccionoy9.jpg

I understand you got your issue sorted by going a different route, but for future reference...when searching for a file to open, be sure you have selected the appropriate option/format in the Files of Type dropdown menu.

[hide]openfilev.jpg[/hide]

Just for example, if you had MIDI file selected, the window is only going to display MIDI files in that location. But if you selected "Windows Media file," it would have displayed all the formats listed next to it (including *.wmv files). The option to display all types would also work.

Hopefully this helps for future (in case this was the problem). :thumbup:

- Speedyshel

Website Updates and Corrections

c15800d76c.png

*..It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not..*