Rock Lobsters - Crimson Charm and Mage Exp

MattPwns

Guide to Bursting Rock Lobsters and Getting Crimson Charms

Written By Me.

Sources: Personal Experiance

This is my first guide ever, some feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Note: This method is preference; I am in no way saying that it is the best.

Personally I find this method the fastest but it costs a whole heck of a lot.

If you are looking to save money while collecting charms, I recommend doing water fiends.

Alright, so let’s get started.

I - Equipment

II - Inventory

III - Getting There

IV - Lure Method

V - F.A.Q's

I - Equipment:

1z2ev6q.jpg

Head – Farseer Helmet > Infinity Hat > Ahrim’s Hood (Ahrim's Degrades)

Amulet – Fury > God Stole > Glory

Cape – Soul Wars Cape > Ardougne Cape 3 > God Cape (Soul wars cape because of prayer bonus)

Weapon – Staff Of Light > Master Wand > Water Staff > Ancient Staff

Body – Ahrim’s Top > Mystic Top (I strongly recommend Ahrim’s)

Shield – Arcane Spirit Shield > Mage Book > Prayer Book

Legs – Ahrim’s Skirt > Mystic Bottom (I strongly recommend Ahrim’s)

Gloves – Barrows Gloves > Infinity Gloves > Mystic Gloves

Boots – Infinity Boots > Mystic Boots

Ring – Ring of Life* > Seer’s Ring

* Trust me, you will want this. Bursting does get boring, and you will start to not pay attention.

II - Inventory:

Recommended:

Equipment:

Full Prostelyte, God Stole, God Mitre

Other:

1 of every Charm, 1 Sara Brew, 1 Super Restore, 4k Ice Burst Casts, 1k Blood Burst Casts

Necessary Items:

1 Rune throwing axe*, 1 Tele Tab, 2k Ice Burst Casts, Rest of spaces filled with Prayer Potions**

*If your door partner has an axe, you do not need one.

** Bring at least 10 Prayer pots.

III - Getting There:

So now you are all geared up, there are a few ways to get to the lobsters.

1. Change you house location to Relekka and bring a house tabs as your escape teleport.

2. Gear up at Seer’s Village bank and run north. (There is a musician to rest at).

3. Us a lyre to teleport to Relekka. (not recommended as it takes up unnecessary space).

Now that you are in Relekka, head north to the docks. On the second western most dock, speak to Jarvald*. He will take you to Waterbirth Island.

* If you have not completed the Fremennik Trials quest, it will cost you 1000 coins.

I will not post pictures of this; you can look up a video if you need to. I will explain in detail though. May post a video though.

On the west side of the island (on the inside of the moon shape), there is a cave that looks like a dagganoth head. Rest up to full energy and make sure you have a partner. Equip your prayer equipment and enter the cave.

Run straight away from the entrance and head slightly north. You will see a door. You need your partner to stand on one side, while you stand on the other. Now open the door.

Continue past the Giant Rock crabs until you come to a room with three doors. These will only open from the inside. So now we have to use the rune throwing axe. Equip it and use the special on the bottom door. Put protect from magic on and go down the ladder.

Head across this room and equip protect from range just as you go down the ladder. (Mages hit higher than the rangers).

Continue across this room and head up the ladder and head up it.

This next room has giant rock crabs in it. They don’t hit much, but pray melee if you wish. Run around the corner and stop at the top of the ladder, before you go down. The Rock crabs cannot attack you here, which give you a chance to rest up. Protect range and go down the ladder.

This room has two ladders in it. Head across the room to the farther of the two ladders, Protect Mage and go down the ladder.

Head across this room and continue to pray mage. Go up the ladder. Go down the next ladder.

In this room, continue to pray mage and run to the other ladder. Protect melee and go up.

Run across this room, pray range and go down the ladder.

Run to the other side of the room, protect melee, and continue up the ladder.

This room is rather long. Run all the way to the other side of the room. Be sure to keep your melee prayer on.

Now you are at the Lobsters.

IV - Lure Method:

Don't crash, you wouldn't want some one to do it to you would you?

Equip your prayer armour if it isn’t already and pray melee. Run down the initial length of the room. Be sure to get the lobs to follow you. Head down the next part of the room; you will pick up three more. Now you are at the danger zone.

There are a number of dagganoths and walasalki’s down here. Pick up the first three, (don’t worry about the tenth) and on the corner side there is a lantern type thing run between it and the wall. Wait a couple second for the monsters to catch up with you and then run back up to the first corner.

There is a long “finger” looking rock, stand right up against it and on the northern side. The lobs will get caught on it. Congratulations! You have successfully lured and safe-spotted a group of Rock Lobsters.

V - F.A.Q:

Q) How many crimson charms will I get per hour? What if I barrage?

A) About 250 – 300, if you barrage more like 350.

Q) Is it better to barrage or burst?

A) It’s a preference. Barraging is faster, but it is a lot more expensive. I personally burst.

Q) Will you be my door partner?

A) No, Try asking your friends, posting on the forums, or hopping around at the mouth of the caves to find someone.

Q) How many Blue/Green/Gold charms will I get?

A) Probably somewhere around 150 Gold, 20 Blue and 100 Green.

Q) Can I use other armour then you said?

A) Yes, within reason though, don’t go bringing full iron to cast in.

Q) How much mage exp will i get per hour?

A) About 120k p/h.

If You have any other questions feel free to ask. I will answer it In the F.A.Q section.

A few things to keep in mind:

-Barraging is more efficient than bursting

-You're emphasizing magic att way too much for your equipment setup. Proselyte is extra unnecessary weight too. The optimum setup is:

God Mitre

God Stole

Ahrim Top

Infinity Bottom

Soul Wars Cape

Water staff (saves a TON of money on water runes)

Barrows gloves or penance gloves

Boots of lightness

Unholy Book or Falador Shield 3

Ring of life

After about +75 magic attack, you won't see any changes in your attack power. With the listed setup I've got around +70 magic attack and I never run out of energy. I get the same amount of charms per hour as people who max out their magic attack bonus too. I also tried barraging w/ the master wand and magic potions and still received the same amount of charms per hour... so even the percentage boosts were negligible. If you get rid of the proselyte you can make room for more prayer potions if you plan on staying a while. I use about 4.5 prayer pots per 1k casts. Most people get bored after 1k barrages though.

77yLQy8.png

Need images of the most important part, the lure.

Ahrims hood isn't worth the cost, farseers has the same stats for less. No use in taking mitre and another helm has the mitre has a magic bonus and a good prayer bonus.

I think you mean arcane not divine.

People always forget about void mace as its got the 10% and a good prayer bonus.

The mage outfit from WGS is nice too as it has prayer bonus and the same stats as mystic.

Take iron arrows, steel arrows, earth runes and bunyip pouches. Bunyips save a lot of hassle, the place holders remove waste and if you take a SGS you can pretty much pray for free.

10%>water staff. There's no reason to save the few gp as you get a reduction in kill time as well as more splashes (if you get crashers if makes a large difference).

Stole and fury are a waste its only a small difference so either take stole or fury.

Take 2 axes as theres nothing worse then fubar'ing and having to tele out and start again.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

10%>water staff. There's no reason to save the few gp as you get a reduction in kill time as well as more splashes (if you get crashers if makes a large difference).

Stole and fury are a waste its only a small difference so either take stole or fury.

Take 2 axes as theres nothing worse then fubar'ing and having to tele out and start again.

the 10% boost doesn't get you any more charms per hour than the water staff.

77yLQy8.png

That makes no sense 10% damage = faster kills. If only slightly its a few more per hour.

Its like using magic potions there they do speed up the kill, not a massive amount, but still does add up.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

That makes no sense 10% damage = faster kills. If only slightly its a few more per hour.

Its like using magic potions there they do speed up the kill, not a massive amount, but still does add up.

When killing rock lobsters you have to measure things in terms of how many casts it takes on average to kill 9 lobsters. Sure some might die faster depending on which boosts you use, but in the end all that matters is how many casts it takes to kill the last remaining lobster. You'll find that with maxed magic att and boosts, you'll be getting more XP per cast however you'll still get the same charms per hour.

77yLQy8.png

A few things to keep in mind:

-Barraging is more efficient than bursting

-You're emphasizing magic att way too much for your equipment setup. Proselyte is extra unnecessary weight too. The optimum setup is:

God Mitre

God Stole

Ahrim Top

Infinity Bottom

Soul Wars Cape

Water staff (saves a TON of money on water runes)

Barrows gloves or penance gloves

Boots of lightness

Unholy Book or Falador Shield 3

Ring of life

After about +75 magic attack, you won't see any changes in your attack power. With the listed setup I've got around +70 magic attack and I never run out of energy. I get the same amount of charms per hour as people who max out their magic attack bonus too. I also tried barraging w/ the master wand and magic potions and still received the same amount of charms per hour... so even the percentage boosts were negligible. If you get rid of the proselyte you can make room for more prayer potions if you plan on staying a while. I use about 4.5 prayer pots per 1k casts. Most people get bored after 1k barrages though.

Alright i see what you're getting at, but there is no need for the weight reduction. I use like max 10 energy per lure. The reduction is useless. and the prostelyte is usefull because it protects against the range dags.

And seriously it's not that big of a deal to switch between a helm, neck, top and bottom.

Magic attack way to much for my setup"? really?

my setup is basically as high of a magic attack as your going to get without a god cape. so i attack is perfectly fine.

I have a biiig question. What's the mage xp that you'd get by doing this per hour?...

I've added your question to the F.A.Q's.

@JoeDaStudd

Yes you are right about the shield.

The void mace doesnt give the same stats though.

Farseer works too, just i prefer the look of ahrim's/infinity, have to stay classy.

Head Ahrims Hood > Infinity Hat (Use infinity hat if you arent bringing a mitre)

Amulet Fury > Glory

Cape Soul Wars Cape > Ardougne Cape 3 > God Cape (Soul wars cape because of prayer bonus)

Weapon Master Wand > Ancient Staff > Water Staff

Body Ahrims Top > Mystic Top (I strongly recommend Ahrims)

Shield Mage Book > Arcane Spirit Shield > Prayer Book

Legs Ahrims Skirt > Mystic Bottom (I strongly recommend Ahrims)

Gloves Barrows Gloves > Infinity Gloves > Mystic Gloves

Boots Infinity Boots > Mystic Boots

Ring Ring of Life* > Seers Ring

Considering yesterday's update, some things need changing.

Should be Arcane Spirit shield > Mage's book, as it gives Prayer bonus.

Arguing that it costs too much for the average player isn't an argument, since it is plain better.

Staff of Light is now #1, and Water staff is #2, as water staff saves waters, which saves more money

than the few runes saved by 10% more power. Staff of Light is an exception, as it hits 15% harder,

and saves runes 1/8 of the time, making it extremely useful if it saves the more expensive runes.

Amulet Fury > Glory

Its Fury > Stole. Glory's prayer bonus is trash compared to stole's and stoles are cheap. The +10

magic bonus isn't worth much to be honest.

Still, not bad, but I don't burst lobs. Not quite rich enough. Also, Farseer helm > ahrim's hood

(doesn't degrade and costs 1/2 the price, just looks worse)

Still, not bad

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

When killing rock lobsters you have to measure things in terms of how many casts it takes on average to kill 9 lobsters. Sure some might die faster depending on which boosts you use, but in the end all that matters is how many casts it takes to kill the last remaining lobster. You'll find that with maxed magic att and boosts, you'll be getting more XP per cast however you'll still get the same charms per hour.

It's because the extra bonuses from staves and pots only affect one lobster, not all 9.

Head Ahrims Hood > Infinity Hat (Use infinity hat if you arent bringing a mitre)

Amulet Fury > Glory

Cape Soul Wars Cape > Ardougne Cape 3 > God Cape (Soul wars cape because of prayer bonus)

Body Ahrims Top > Mystic Top (I strongly recommend Ahrims)

Legs Ahrims Skirt > Mystic Bottom (I strongly recommend Ahrims)

Gloves Barrows Gloves > Infinity Gloves > Mystic Gloves

Boots Infinity Boots > Mystic Boots

Ring Ring of Life* > Seers Ring

Considering yesterday's update, some things need changing.

Should be Arcane Spirit shield > Mage's book, as it gives Prayer bonus.

Arguing that it costs too much for the average player isn't an argument, since it is plain better.

Staff of Light is now #1, and Water staff is #2, as water staff saves waters, which saves more money

than the few runes saved by 10% more power. Staff of Light is an exception, as it hits 15% harder,

and saves runes 1/8 of the time, making it extremely useful if it saves the more expensive runes.

Amulet Fury > Glory

Its Fury > Stole. Glory's prayer bonus is trash compared to stole's and stoles are cheap. The +10

magic bonus isn't worth much to be honest.

Still, not bad, but I don't burst lobs. Not quite rich enough. Also, Farseer helm > ahrim's hood

(doesn't degrade and costs 1/2 the price, just looks worse)

Still, not bad

Hmm, Thanks For Feedback.

I will add it to the guide thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Kill speed isn't important at rock lobsters in terms of speed. That's because regardless of how fast you kill them, you need to wait for ALL of them to respawn.