Mourning's Ends - Part 2

My problem is, this guide is incredibly vague and has missing content. Here is part 3 of the quest.

3: Obtaining the Crystal

After speaking with Arianwyn head back to the temple past the Dark Beasts. You need to go inside the front door of the temple now, being careful of the Shadow creatures (level 73). They have low hp but hit hard, so it's recommended to use protect from melee prayer throughout the quest. Climb the stairs directly in front of the door.

Once up these stairs move to the east of them to find the collection point - this is a safe spot.

It is advisable to pull the lever and collect everything at this point. Go back to the stairs. From here you need to head south one pillar, then west followed by south to find some stairs within the wall.

Climb up these stairs, then you should see some stairs to the north on your minimap, head to these and go down.

This is a good place for taking a break when doing the puzzle as it is safe, but now you head up the north stairs. From here go as far to the east as you can and you should find the black crystal just to your south. Use your chisel on it to take a sample.

Head back to Arianwyn again.

Ok sure, it tells me how to get to the black crystal. Now what does this mean?

It is advisable to pull the lever and collect everything at this point.

I pull the lever and it does nothing. This guide doesn't explain what it does nor does it tell me what I am getting. I am assuming the mirrors, in which I haven't got but left the temple assuming I was done.

Now what does this imply?

This is a good place for taking a break when doing the puzzle as it is safe, but now you head up the north stairs.

I assume there is a puzzle, somewhere, I am guessing inside the room with the two stairs, which wasn't explained on how to get to very well either. So now, I have the black crystal, got it turned into a white one, and when I go to the next part of the quest, I am supposed to have items which weren't explained how to get in the least. Just a very vague description of what I need to do. So now I have to go back, and just search mindlessly for these mirrors and possibly the yellow crystal.

The lever resets all the mirrors/crystals and allows you to get them back.

Its a good place to rest and use potions/food as not on the npc's in the area can get you near said lever.

MEPII is one of the hardest quests for a reason. Only thing which would help would be the direction of each mirror for each puzzle in a screenshot. However it would take hours to get them all as you'd have to repeat the almost the whole quest again.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

The lever resets all the mirrors/crystals and allows you to get them back.

Its a good place to rest and use potions/food as not on the npc's in the area can get you near said lever.

MEPII is one of the hardest quests for a reason. Only thing which would help would be the direction of each mirror for each puzzle in a screenshot. However it would take hours to get them all as you'd have to repeat the almost the whole quest again.

I never said anything about the direction of the mirrors. Why would I when I couldn't even find the mirrors in the first place? Doesn't matter now, I figured it out. Also, I suggest putting in that you can use a Spirit TerrorBird for this quest. It is a huge help.

EDIT:

I also warped out of the temple after getting to the death altar. Now I have to find my way back since I didn't rotate the mirror and I really dont feel like setting them up again. That also isnt included in the guide. I am guessing I can use the abyss. Also, quest isn't hard.

EDIT2:

Abyss doesn't work, should have known. Next time put a warning label and also, TELL THE PEOPLE TO TAKE THE NEW CRYSTAL INTO THE TEMPLE RIGHT AWAY.

Why the hell would I leave the temple apart from if I need food or something? I did all the lights at the same time and found out I needed that damn crystal. Now I have to set everything up again.

How is it vague.?

The first bit tells you that you are at the collection point and that you should pull the lever AND collect everything.

This implies there are two actions to be taken pull AND collect, if you look properly at the collection point you find two clickable hotspots 1 to pull and 1 to collect.

The safespot bit is hardly vague, you haven't begun the puzzle yet but it alerts you there is a puzzle and this place you're standing in is a safespot for use later.

The New Crystal if you read the quest dialogue is common sense you need it with you as you are told to reach the altar in the temple to recharge it, the original guide text never tells you to bank it, however I see the crew have added their "bank" thinks to each stage and on the final door/Thorgel have failed to put the bank thing in saying you need the new crystal.

Abyss not working is obvious as the quest unlocks the death altar as a reward, therefore before you finish the abyss rift isn't open, same way you can't use cosmic rift pre-lost city or blood rift pre-legacy of seergaze etc.

Oh and say the quest "isn't hard" when you're using a guide is bs. Nothing is hard with a guide. It took the best questers and puzzle solvers out there like 8+ hours to solve the puzzle (that 8 hours does not include the time doing the bits before and after the puzzle). Its all very well going oh its easy quest, all you do is point these beams where the guide tells you. But imagine if you didn't have the guide, you're not told anything other than the colour wheel thing guides colour mixing, you don't know about the fixed mirrors, or random pillars that change the lights colour. You jsut have mirrors crystals and several doors and you've gotta run around while under attack and try to figure out where to put them to progress. It's all obvious once you know the solution, but before that its very difficult.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• 1 year later...