Processor Fans

Sy_Accursed

Right so as you may or may not know (depends on you memory) I have custom built desktop that I built barebones of last summer.

When I went home over xmas the fairly cheap processor fan I had in it started to squeal horrendously (made all the worse by the fact I purpsoefully got quiet case fans etc)

So basically any recommendations for processor fans that are powerful at cooling but quiet?

If you wanna be reallllllly helpful and get into specifics I have an AM2+ socket

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Just a new fan or the heatsink aswell?

Price would be nice to know aswell.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Well by processor fan I mean the full unit as they are sold. So yes heatsink too.

And price range isn't too much of an issue, under £60 would be good though

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Right so as you may or may not know (depends on you memory) I have custom built desktop that I built barebones of last summer.

When I went home over xmas the fairly cheap processor fan I had in it started to squeal horrendously (made all the worse by the fact I purpsoefully got quiet case fans etc)

So basically any recommendations for processor fans that are powerful at cooling but quiet?

If you wanna be reallllllly helpful and get into specifics I have an AM2+ socket

Did you go in and check to see if it is dusty?

theres many things that can cause it to squeal, like if it isn't put on tight enough, or too loosely.

wingwinder.png

indifference.gif

No offence but given that I clearly said I built it myself, do you really think I'm not tech savvy enough to of checked all the possible causes of the noise before deciding to replace it, which can be an tremendous task if u have to change the backplate and thus basically dismantle the entire system

Plv6Dz6.jpg

So i might aswell ask, still looking around or have you orderd?

If you want i could drop in a couple of more price worthy coolers.

I chose the Akasa because it's a good price, i have the Akasa 965 (i think, don't remember lol) and it keeps my cpu (intel [email protected] on full load around 37-40c). So for the price it's good.