Runescape multiple hiscore compareing

x1donut

Ok so i know how the highscores works and i used to know decent amount of java/flash scripting however i have not done any for a few years and have forgot how to do most of the functions and such and i dont have the editing programs on my computer however i will get them if i must

So heres what im trying to do

on runescapes main page u can compare two peoples stats side by side however this is nice i would like to compare single skills to multiple users

so it would have a drop down that has each one of the stats att,str,def and all the other skills

and multiple about 15 or more fields that you can type in user names and when you click submit it out puts something like this

skill(Crafting)

user1 ---- current exp in crafting is 125,321

user2 ---- current exp in crafting is 551,146

user2 ---- current exp in crafting is 865,353

[update/grab highscores]

any ideas on how to go about doing this i dosnt mater how its programed or what language as long as i can run it on my computer heck it could be in html if thats what works for you

i also think this would be a cool calc for tip to add to there main page well thanks for any help or ideas guys

If I were you, I would check out this guide. This guide goes over getting user high scores and importing them into Google docs. I would do the same thing with Excel 2007 so you can use GUI components.

After you get the scores imported, you can use a simple Excel command to pull up a few stats in any row/column you want.

If I were you, I would check out this guide. This guide goes over getting user high scores and importing them into Google docs. I would do the same thing with Excel 2007 so you can use GUI components.

After you get the scores imported, you can use a simple Excel command to pull up a few stats in any row/column you want.

thanks ill check it out after work tomorrow if you can use this into excel like u say then its exactly what i need

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know how to get stats from the lite hiscores? If you do, just take input for two names and a skill, parse the lite hiscores for each of them, and display it.

But, erm, why not just use the one on the RS Hiscores?

x52i3b.jpg

But, erm, why not just use the one on the RS Hiscores?

I think that given the initial post, the aim is to allow for a flexible number of users to compare with each other, last I checked the Runescape Hiscore page only has the two user fields.

Other than that, yea - you're right, easiest way is to parse the skill data from the Lite page for each user, then do the comparisons yourself.

Edit :-

[spoiler=Application Image]multicompare.png

Well, I had a bit of free time, so I drew up a working App to do what you've stated. Tried to make the design similar to the hiscore-theme whilst still maintaining ease of use. It doesn't have much error-handling in it at the moment, but there isn't that much needed if you were to refine it as all it takes in is a name. It does catch it if the name isn't present on the hiscores and simply displays dashes rather than a value.

The JAR file for the application's on my webhost, here :- r-turner.info/HiScoreCompare.jar.

It works by selecting the skill desired on the left side via a mouse-click on the appropriate icon and typing in a variety of names to compare, each name on a new line in the text-area. Clicking compare retrieves the appropriate values from the hiscores using the lite version. After retrieval, it sorts using a QuickSort algorithm, then displays in a nice, simple format.

I've also made the source-code available, in the form of a NetBeans project folder at the following link :- r-turner.info/HiScoreCompare.rar.

It could also be converted to an Applet, but I imagine you'd have to restructure the way that the results are displayed. I believe you can't use JFrames in Applets, but also the results are displayed by creating another JFrame, I don't believe you can create another 'Applet' within an Applet, so you'd have to redesign that area too. Certainly doable, just would warrant a bit of a re-think on the interface.

Comments / criticism is always welcome! ;)