Runescape Ping Respond

notasoupbowl

Is there a good way to check runescape's response time while playing?

I often click walk here then attack while fighting bosses, to get a feel for delay if I'm lagging.

I understand that when selecting a world it tells you a ping time, but that doesn't give me a feel for it, and I don't know how consistant it stays.

So what I'm looking for is a way to check if runescape is responding without any actions taking place that affects combat.

siggya.png

Is there a good way to check runescape's response time while playing?

I often click walk here then attack while fighting bosses, to get a feel for delay if I'm lagging.

I understand that when selecting a world it tells you a ping time, but that doesn't give me a feel for it, and I don't know how consistant it stays.

So what I'm looking for is a way to check if runescape is responding without any actions taking place that affects combat.

you could type (or write a batch file) this in the command prompt:

ping world#.runescape.com

(replace # with the number to test)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

That's cool. How can I make it appear in a certain spot on my screen? Atm it goes right in front of rs.

I just put it in notepad and saved it as a .bat btw.

(I don't know how to script..)

I copied it to my taskbar shortcuts things! So I can click it while playing. It'd be nice to have it on firefox somewhere right beside the rs.. but this sorta works.

Also, can I choose how often I ping them? I don't want to anger jagex, and 4 times seems a bit much.

Finally, it closes after 4, so I can't even see the last one. How do I make it not close?

I guess this would sorta work. I also sometimes flash a pray to see how long delay is.

siggya.png

That's cool. How can I make it appear in a certain spot on my screen? Atm it goes right in front of rs.

I just put it in notepad and saved it as a .bat btw.

(I don't know how to script..)

I copied it to my taskbar shortcuts things! So I can click it while playing. It'd be nice to have it on firefox somewhere right beside the rs.. but this sorta works.

Also, can I choose how often I ping them? I don't want to anger jagex, and 4 times seems a bit much.

Finally, it closes after 4, so I can't even see the last one. How do I make it not close?

I guess this would sorta work. I also sometimes flash a pray to see how long delay is.

Well to have it neatly covered into firefox would require an add-on, doesn't tip.it's add on have it already?

To update the batchfile a bit:

ping world#.runescape.com -n COUNT
pause

replacing # with the world number and COUNT with amount of ping-messages..

However pinging runescape (if you keep the default ping-size to 32 bytes) won't really give any stress to their servers.. The messages are negligible to the amount used by runescape game.. If you log in you'll probably directly send more than 1000 times the amount of 1 ping package..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.