Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Today marks the biggest change to DGS since . . . ever. We now have set standards for our ranks, an application system for progressing through the ranks, a change in the way we advertise, a new home, and most importantly - new trivia!

Ranks:

Previously our recruit rank (single stripe) was a completely useless rank that was handed out to anyone who used the chat for an extended period of time. As of today, all recruits must meet certain standards and undergo a few tests (I'll explain this in a bit) before claiming the right to call themselves Dungeonsweepers. Some recruits will be de-ranked and retested as necessary, but they should be few and far between. Ultimately we want every member of DGS to feel comfortable taking every other member of DGS on their teams.

Most importantly, however, ALL recruits will be expected to become wingmen, and all wingmen will be expected to become keyers.

The wingman rank was previously supposed to be a completely non-keying position (though some wingmen did key here and there). Essentially, recruit ranks either chose to be wingmen or keyers, if they chose at all. The wingman rank now denotes the middle point between recruit and keyer, with huge emphasis on learning to key. Wingmen will also be required to help recruits become wingmen (THE CIRCLE OF LIFE!).

The keyer rank should now be the end goal of every recruit and wingman in DGS. You cannot be truly good at dungeoneering without being able to key, which is something we've never emphasized enough. Furthermore, the keyer rank will now denote mastery in all non-keying aspects of dungeoneering.

Application system:

We've always been a community that values commitment, goals, and attitude just as much as dungeoneering skill. Our application process includes a written application and a review test for every rank. Anyone wanting to join DGS must submit an application before using the clan chat, at which point they'll be able to dungeoneer as a non-recruit until they pass their recruit review. The wingman and keyer reviews place much more emphasis on dungeoneering skill, however. This also simplifies weeding out randoms from the chat, as a simple "do you have an application?" will suffice nicely.

Leaving Tip.it:

Due to the large number of tools and resources required to implement these changes, we are no longer able to operate off of a single thread in Tip.it's H&A forum, and certain restrictions prevent us from simply linking to our various applications and guides from the Tip.it thread. Thus, DGS will now be hosted on The-Forum-That-Must-Not-Be-Named.

Advertisement:

Because DGS can no longer cater to Tipiters alone, we will be advertising on other fansites. We were previously unable to do this as we had very little quality control, but the application and ranking systems will serve to weed out the vast majority of bad seeds quite nicely. We don't expect much traffic from these sites, but that suits us just fine.

Future projects:

With these changes in place, we will now begin serious work on our massive dungeoneering guide/database, as well as Youtube podcasts which will consist of commentary on floors, video guides, recruit tests, etc.

Weekly trivia:

Finally, we realize that we've neglected the trivia while working on all of these changes, so this week we have a four-part trivia written by IHasChicken. Hopefully that will tide everyone over till next week. ;)

Bragging rights:

As of July 31st, 2011:

- DGS is #3 in Runescape for dungeoneering experience.

- DGS is #6 in Runescape for total experience.

- DGS has 158 ranked members.

- The average dungeoneering level in DGS is 99.

- DGS has 10 members with 120 dungeoneering.

- DGS is the only dungeoneering clan that actively conducts dungeoneering research.

- DGS is the only major P2P dungeoneering clan without a level requirement.

Last words:

We would like to thank the Tip.it administration for allowing our thread to remain in the H&A forum all this time. If we could, we would simply create an advertisement thread in the clan forum so that Tipiters could continue to find us with ease, but alas. One thing I'd like to clear up, however: While DGS was originally created with the intention of catering specifically to Tipiters and helping anyone with a computer and a Runescape account, we've slowly changed our goals and ethos over time. Just so everyone is completely clear:

- DGS is not a babysitting clan, nor is it a chaotics/frost dragons clan.

- DGS takes serious dungeoneers and helps them fine-tune their skills and knowledge.

- DGS attempts to create pro keyers out of every member.

- DGS does not condone suiciding or fast floors for the sake of being fast; rather, members should focus on the team's overall exp per hour.

- DGS conducts dungeoneering research so as to facilitate progression in efficient dungeoneering.

If anyone has any questions about joining DGS, send a private message to any DGS admin.

Thank you,

Obtaurian, Cheeesy, Michael, Grimy Bunyip, Rocked

- DGS Administrators

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ragering thunderous.

It's possible to use a bloodrager on Yk'lagor the thunderous if you know what you're doing. Have one person in the southwest corner scrolling Yk'lagor while the team attacks him normally. The following image shows where you can use a bloodrager on Yk'lagor:

FCZxO.jpg

Green = Where you can use your bloodrager, it may differ depending on where yk'lagor is in relation to the southwest corner.

[hide=Previous Trivia.]

[hide=Week of: Monday, April 18th, 2011.]

Hope Devourer (level 101 dungeoneering boss) will target any players not using the protect from melee prayer. If every player is using protect from melee, Hope will switch at random. Thus, one player (the blocker) can stand between Hope and the rest of the team and pray melee, forcing Hope to target the mages behind the blocker. [/hide]

[hide=Week of: Monday, April 25th, 2011.]

Blink (level 95 dungeoneering boss) only moves north and east. Furthermore, he appears on the minimap for a split second before moving. Thus, standing near the northeast corner and using the minimap to anticipate Blink's path make him a tad easier.[/hide]

[hide=Week of: Monday, May 2nd, 2011.]

Blazer or blitzer? Blazer has higher raw DPS than blitzer from t1 to t9, but t10 blitzer is better than t10 blazer. However, blazer is better for kiting and for using a celestial staff (to conserve fire runes until there's a large enough supply to use them freely). Thus, most players would use blitzer while celestial staff users use blazer. When maging Dreadnaught, change your kinship ring to a blazer/blitzer combo; use blazer while running from Dread and switch to blitzer when he starts following someone else.[/hide]

[hide=Week of: Monday, May 9th, 2011.]

In the fishing ferret puzzle room, the ferret always moves diagonally before moving straight. Thus, most puzzles can be done in 2-3 fish.[/hide]

[hide=Week of: May 16th, 2011.]

Contrary to popular belief, only one person is needed to complete the hunter ferret room. There are two ways to do this, depending on the layout of the room:

hunterferret.png

1. One-shotting. In the picture above, the red dot in the middle of the room is the tile that the ferret spawns on (this may or may not be true for this particular room layout - I just found this picture and made up a spawn point). The blue dot is the player. The green numbers represent the number of tiles between the player and the ferret. If you can place yourself such that there are two tiles between you and the ferret, you can simply click on the ferret and catch it in one-shot (assuming it doesn't bite you). This method is not possible in the majority of hunter ferret rooms.

2. Using traps. This will be used far more often and is a little slower. The second red dot in the picture represents a point that the ferret will stop on if it can't stop on its original spawn point. In most ferret rooms there only two of these spawn/stop points - the original spawn point itself and directly across from it next to a long wall. Some ferret rooms have three. Place a trap on one of the two points and stand on the other one. The ferret will be forced to stop on the trap. It's also useful to place traps on both (or all three) spawn/stop points and leave the room to do something else for a few seconds. The ferret will be caught upon return.

Congratulations - you no longer have to tell the team to GGS and stand in the corners of the room while one person runs around with his/her head cut off[/hide]

[hide=Week of May 23rd, 2011]

Fleshy tentacles. When doing fleshspoiler it's possible for the tank to avoid almost all damage by praying mage until fleshspoiler pops his eyeball out, then praying melee. This (for some unknown reason) will make him melee for the rest of the first form. If you have bloodragers out they will make fleshspoiler aggressive to whomever has the bloodrager. To stop him switching targets just use the scrolls then dismiss the bloodrager to avoid all damage. If you're not tanking on the first form, it's actually better to not pray mage and just soulsplit as mage pray does not reduce damage.[/hide]

[hide=Week of: June 6th, 2011.]

Slapping and headbanging: Most of us know that the Warped Gulega can be fought without taking damage - Pray melee by default while hovering over the mage/range pray, switch to mage when he rains down yellow spheres, switch to range when he sends out green droplets, and run from the centre of the root special. While it is definitely possible to switch prayers based solely on this (with 1 tick reponse time), you can actually switch much earlier by watching his arm and head movement (2-3 tick response time). Before a magic attack, he will raise both arms and slap downwards; before a range attack, he will pull both arms back and pump his head forward; before a melee or root attack, he will slap only one arm downward. Note that watching his movements will work only if his movements are not interfered sometimes by a player attacking on the same tick.[/hide]

[hide= Week of: June 13th, 2011.]

Grid

ferretz.png

Red X's can be either ferret spawn or the pressure tiles, it can be any two, all are solveable within 3, the majority two.

The ferret moves diagonally first, then straight as shown in the example.

ferret2.png

[/hide]

[hide=Week of: July 2nd, 2011.]

The lodestone room can be completed in significantly less time using the one shotting technique. By activating a lodestone just as the coloured lights are about to enter the center where the puzzle unlocks, the newly activated light will be in sync with the lights you timed it with, completing the puzzle much more smoothly than having multiple people delay the lights. Thanks to Matt Marche and z0diark for this week's trivia.

[/hide][/hide]

I've moved this to Recruitment: Non-Warring Clans. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

I thought it was decided that the DGS thread was to stay in H&A?

I've moved this to Recruitment: Non-Warring Clans. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

I thought it was decided that the DGS thread was to stay in H&A?

So THAT'S what happened, lol. I thought it had been deleted so I made another one with a headline to clarify what was going on. >_> Sorry about that.

dgs5.jpg

Sounds good, I'll be sure to use this when I go for ccb and rigour soon. *rereads* oh 90 dunge requirement, oh well :(

Rereread it.

Nostar.png

Dagannoth Rex Drops : Zerker ring x2 / Dragon hatchet x2 / Warrior ring x3

Sounds good, I'll be sure to use this when I go for ccb and rigour soon. *rereads* oh 90 dunge requirement, oh well :(

reading comprehension fail.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I'm currently updating the guidelines. There never was a real 90+ requirement, but we hadn't gotten around to removing that little clause till now. So to clarify: There are no level requirements for using the clan chat, however, you will have a much harder time finding floors if you cannot do at least f30.

dgs5.jpg

Either that or no one looks you up on highscores when you only have 77 DG ;)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Nope I read it fine, it said I can join floors with other <90 dungeoneers but not official floors, unless theres a space. But it's been updated, thanks for clearing that up

Bbk.png

my friend is giving me a green mask to pay for the rest of my 95 prayer. Looks like ill be able to join Dgs faster than I thought! :)

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

90+ dg preferred, i personally wouldn't take anyone below 80.

THREE THINGS:

be open to criticism

gate doors

BE responsive

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

90+ dg preferred, i personally wouldn't take anyone below 80.

Just so you know, not all the keyers are the same. I will take anyone.

Yeah I think he's just saying that he personally only takes 90+

But Cheeesy's right -- it's up to keyers to decide who they take. I'll add that.

dgs5.jpg

-Regarding Weapon Binds:

Anyone using the clan chat must follow these guidelines when deciding on what weapon(s) to bind:

Your main weapon bind must be a melee weapon and must be one of the following, and in order of preference:

•  
  • Gorgonite, promethium, or primal 2h
  • Primal battleaxe
  • A maul if your strength level is 20+ levels higher than your attack level.

Off to go get a gorgonite 2h sword then I suppose. Goodbye Gorgonite spear (p++) (b), it's been good to dungeoneer with you.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

-Regarding Weapon Binds:

Anyone using the clan chat must follow these guidelines when deciding on what weapon(s) to bind:

Your main weapon bind must be a melee weapon and must be one of the following, and in order of preference:

•  
  • Gorgonite, promethium, or primal 2h
  • Primal battleaxe
  • A maul if your strength level is 20+ levels higher than your attack level.

Off to go get a gorgonite 2h sword then I suppose. Goodbye Gorgonite spear (p++) (b), it's been good to dungeoneer with you.

:thumbup:

Guidelines should be finished. I would advise everyone to read them. Important changes are new keyers, clarification of ranks, NO level requirements, and ring requirements.

dgs5.jpg

How do you verify if an individual has upgraded their ring?

We can have them send us a picture of their customization page. It's in your own and the teams interests to have atleast a t6 zerker ring anyways. T8 only costs 31k dungeoneering tokens in total and it will speed up your dungeons by a lot.

C1Geq.png

I'm not sure if I should be asking this here, but I've not had luck with other people. Anyways, regarding ring of kinship classes:

If I purchased tier 7 berserker ring, would I be paying only 6800 tokens, or paying the cost of 12,865 (the cost if you bought t1, then t2, etc.)

And if I upgraded to t8, I'd be wasting the tokens spent on t6?

I've had a spear since April, never bothered with a ring upgrade until now. I'll go do some floors solo to build up tokens for the ring though.

EDIT: numbers taken from RSWiki rswiki's page on class rings.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png