Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post count is not an issue as far as I know, just follow the guidelines :).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Post count doesn't matter so long as you're willing to learn in the dungeons. What might be an issue however is the number of floors you can do, most people will only do larges at floors 30+. So you might have trouble finding team members for most of your floors, some soloing will fix that up quickly though, as will visiting any resource dungeons you haven't yet been to.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Haha, I love the review.

Started dg'ing again (3 floors) and wow, big respect to the keyers' skills. I really have troubles getting into this quick playing style again (haven't dged in a few months). Should get used to it quickly enough though.

Can everybody please remember the good little saying: If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all.

If you think a post is against the rules, report it and do not reply.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I'd like to swing by some time and get 90 Dungeoneering (I'm 86 now). I've got Tier 6 Medic and Tier 5 Gatherer's ring, and have a Gorgonite Spear (only 80 attack) and SSH bound. Will I be able to come along and Dunge with everyone?

Thanks in advance!

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

I'd like to swing by some time and get 90 Dungeoneering (I'm 86 now). I've got Tier 6 Medic and Tier 5 Gatherer's ring, and have a Gorgonite Spear (only 80 attack) and SSH bound. Will I be able to come along and Dunge with everyone?

Thanks in advance!

You'll have to get a gorg 2h and t6 zerker (t8 at 90), but other than that, you're absolutely welcome to use the clan chat. :thumbup:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

You should try to get someone to make you a gorg 2h, most keyers won't mind getting that done for you during a floor. You should also get your berserker ring update at least to t5 or so, preferably more like t7 or t8. Medic is useless, gatherer can be nice for picking herbs or whatnot, and is also the preferred ring for keying.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

The best medium level dungeoneering chat around. Alot of helpful and professional keyers willing to help and teach smart dungeoneering, and a great community experience. You know you want to join :wink: (no, not you golv <3: )

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Alrighty then, I'll see what I can get together, although I'm not sure if I've enough for a high Tiered Zerker ring as of yet - just recharged my Rapier, so I'm down to about 3-4K. Should get me about Tier 3 or 4, I guess.

Hopefully, I'll be able to Dunge with you guys tomorrow! :3

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Alrighty then, I'll see what I can get together, although I'm not sure if I've enough for a high Tiered Zerker ring as of yet - just recharged my Rapier, so I'm down to about 3-4K. Should get me about Tier 3 or 4, I guess.

Protip: Don't use tokens to recharge rapier unless you have loads knocking around and bought everything you need. Assuming you're using it for Slayer or Boss Hunting you should make more than enough to cover the gp costs.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Yeah definitely get that berserker ring up ASAP. There requirement at 80+ is t6 or something, but in your case I'd just pump it up however much I could. Even t4 or something would probably be fine imo, until you get more tokens.

I personally don't mind people with spears on my teams as long as they are looking to bind a better weapon.

Yeah, using tokens for recharge is almost never a good idea.

bs

30k tokens/hr = 2.7M/hr playing the most fun minigame in rs? yes please!

--

also, t6 vs t8 or whatever doesn't make as big of a difference.

what matters more:

-- people who are FAST to tele to gds

-- people who are eager to attack (even when food is low)

-- people who have the right weapon bind

-- avoid overkill loss

focus on these and you'll be getting zerker more. for most people in 3bo even, idc if youre t10 zerk, i could be t6 zerk and probably outdps you with a prom 2h to your primal 2h. its all about being fast and active.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Yeah, using tokens for recharge is almost never a good idea.

bs

30k tokens/hr = 2.7M/hr playing the most fun minigame in rs? yes please!

--

also, t6 vs t8 or whatever doesn't make as big of a difference.

what matters more:

-- people who are FAST to tele to gds

-- people who are eager to attack (even when food is low)

-- people who have the right weapon bind

-- avoid overkill loss

focus on these and you'll be getting zerker more. for most people in 3bo even, idc if youre t10 zerk, i could be t6 zerk and probably outdps you with a prom 2h to your primal 2h. its all about being fast and active.

IF players aren't the most active at teleing though, they'll get more out of upgraded berserker rings due to less diminishing returns.

a slow team with tier 6 berserker will can probably expect a greater % benefit going to tier 8 berserker

than a fast team going from tier 6 to tier 8

Naaxi.png

This is very true. With a gorg 2h, piety and 96 str I can still get zerker by being a selfless dger - i.e. not waiting for someone else to tank, running into a room when you have low hp to do a gd, etc.

C1Geq.png

This is very true. With a gorg 2h, piety and 96 str I can still get zerker by being a selfless dger - i.e. not waiting for someone else to tank, running into a room when you have low hp to do a gd, etc.

Doing the things that Chee mentioned also make the other-player role really, really quite fun.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Re-bookmarking since the other thread went up in flames!

The only thing that bugs me about the reqs is where you say "zero tolerence". There are always misunderstandings... :mellow:

There's a big difference between missing the "ggs gd" in the chat and responding to "ggs gd" with "[bleep] you I'm busy," so to speak. ;) We can tell if people are just getting confused or don't see instructions in the chat. What we don't tolerate is people talking back or blatantly disregarding rules, requirements, etc.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.