Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joined the chat, I'm just gonna hang in there with you guys and listen. If i badly need tips I will ask for it as well :P Probably gonna start up later today after work and stuff. Exciting stuff, new skill and [cabbage]. :P

U should like, learn to enjoy dg and not just stop at lvl 85 or whenever you get the rewards you want.

Because it sure is a pain teaching people to dg.

When a keyer COULD be dging with better players.

But they take time out of their day to teach a newbie, at the cost of their own xp rate.

And then that newbie gets the rewards he wants and just leaves without returning the favor.

Because that would be a [bleep] move.

But no worries, you're not a [bleep] like that. ;)

Naaxi.png

Joined the chat, I'm just gonna hang in there with you guys and listen. If i badly need tips I will ask for it as well :P Probably gonna start up later today after work and stuff. Exciting stuff, new skill and [cabbage]. :P

U should like, learn to enjoy dg and not just stop at lvl 85 or whenever you get the rewards you want.

Because it sure is a pain teaching people to dg.

When a keyer COULD be dging with better players.

But they take time out of their day to teach a newbie, at the cost of their own xp rate.

And then that newbie gets the rewards he wants and just leaves without returning the favor.

Because that would be a [bleep] move.

But no worries, you're not a [bleep] like that. ;)

I know what you mean and don't worry, I am not a leech like that. I am not expecting anyone to chew it up for me, put it in my mouth and then patting me on the head for doing it all for me. :)

Firstly I'm gonna learn the skill best that I can on my own with the tips I already got from you. Then I'll just take it from there. Just no point stopping be4 85 the way I see it

Purekilljoy.png

In 2 hours I managed to get to dung lvl 4....

Im quite sure I am doing most of it wrong, but the thing that is the most frustrating is that with almost maxxed meeles I couldn't really beat the bosses. :S died at Gluttonous behemoth, and some other icy [bleep] as well. Just ran out of good food and then the bad food didn't really help at all.

Am I doing something a 100% wrong, or is this the way it is supposed to be when inexperienced and soloing?

Cause this [cabbage] is ridiculous 287 xp in 2 hours, that's 143,5 xp per hour. I'm sure you guys average more. :D

Purekilljoy.png

You are definitely doing it wrong. Namely trying to lvl dg inside dg before level 50. The exp rate increases drastically as you level (over 300 k an hour at higher levels). Use peng points/lamps and for the love of god just do the 3 min of ToG to get exp. Its once a week.

After that do C1's until you finish your highest floor and reset so you get your max prestige.

Then do C6 small rushes with people until your last 5-7 floors which should be done as mediums. Solo the mediums and try to get your time down to 20 min a floor. Do this till lvl 70 where you can start doing floors 30+ as larges.

Edit

if I'm in the cc and anyone ever wants to duo smalls c6 (like mainly fls 1-29) I'm up for it! good fun

and fls 25+ I don't mind large but it's hard to find a team for <30 large

tho if you don't listen to me I won't dng with you, but asking for explanations etc is fine

Add me in game (rsn tieszen) and ill duo c6 smalls till 25 and duo meds past that.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

You are definitely doing it wrong. Namely trying to lvl dg inside dg before level 50. The exp rate increases drastically as you level (over 300 k an hour at higher levels). Use peng points/lamps and for the love of god just do the 3 min of ToG to get exp. Its once a week.

After that do C1's until you finish your highest floor and reset so you get your max prestige.

Then do C6 small rushes with people until your last 5-7 floors which should be done as mediums. Solo the mediums and try to get your time down to 20 min a floor. Do this till lvl 70 where you can start doing floors 30+ as larges.

OK, fair enough, I thin you explained it pretty well. Just gotta work out that prestige stuff etc.

But shouldn't I lvl my dung a bit before starting to use peng points? I mean the xp difference is pretty big. And don't i need to unlock the floors. Or do I just need to have like 39 DNG to go to floor 20 and I dont have to even ever go to say like 17-19 floor?

Purekilljoy.png

OK, fair enough, I thin you explained it pretty well. Just gotta work out that prestige stuff etc.

But shouldn't I lvl my dung a bit before starting to use peng points? I mean the xp difference is pretty big. And don't i need to unlock the floors. Or do I just need to have like 39 DNG to go to floor 20 and I dont have to even ever go to say like 17-19 floor?

The levels unlock the floor - it doesn't matter if you've completed up to that level or not.

If you're dying to start DG, you can do it now. It's just the exp is pretty bad now. However, this isn't a bad idea - since you need to get accoustomed to bosses/puzzles anyways. Spend lamp/penguin points/tog points on DG but don't get it up to 50 and try to party. People are just going to end up yelling at you.

In all honesty, only like the first 20 or so DG levels were horrible. That's how it is with most skills though - starting them off is horribly excruciating and boring.

capt%20kevin.png

Yes you need to unlock the floors, that's why you do it on C1 small.

So if you got to lvl 39 from peng points etc. You would then do c1 small dungeons floors 1 through 20 and then reset. This gets your prestige at 20 and then you can do c6 smalls/meds solo/duo for semi ok exp until you get floors 30+ unlocked to do on large with teams.

And no, don't wait on peng points. Obviously do your lamps/ToG/unlock resource dungeons first so you get the most out of them. But then use your peng points. You want 50 asap for your second bind.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Once you hit level 50, what would be the next thing to look for to bind? All I have is a gorg 2h. I've seen many people bind ssh, but anything to bind until I find one?

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Once you hit level 50, what would be the next thing to look for to bind? All I have is a gorg 2h. I've seen many people bind ssh, but anything to bind until I find one?

Bind armor.

The top choices are your best Platebody or your best Leatherbody. Most people opt to take the platebody but there are viable reasons to pick the leatherbody as well, although generally speaking it is inferior. Mainly, you pick the leatherbody if you solo quite a bit since it lets you tank mages reasonably well and still have enough melee/range defense to be passable.

Of course, once you get a hood, forget all about that.

I thought spontaneous combustion required you to die to receive it?

or does gatestoning to avoid damage just trick the game into thinking you died or something?

Bingo.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Ok could someone tell me when to reset my progress and when not to.. Pretty much at my lvl now Im just doing dungeons in whichever teams I can.

How should I go about completing the floors anyhow. Atm I have no idea how to be most efficient in terms of xp.

Purekilljoy.png

You reset your progress after you have completed every floor available to you. Im 58 so I can do up to floor 29. So I do 1-29. If I happen to reach level 60 for for floor 30 then I would do that as well. Then I reset and my prestige is now at 30.

It doesn't matter what order you finish all of the floors in (I could do floor 5, then 1-4, then 16, then 6-15 and 17-29) as long as you finish them all.

For efficiency your goal is to finish the dungeon as fast as possible. This means you don't kill monsters that arent needed to open guardian doors, you don't go into dead end rooms. Don't skill (fish/make armour etc), and learn how to utilize your ggs and gs to minimize travel time.

witchynosaur.png

Hey guys.

We're looking to improve our floor times, and we believe the next natural step is to have some of the non-keyers take a more active role in the dungeoneering floors.

We want 1 person to volunteer, per floor, to assist the keyer with tasks that are not simply GD clearing. This person from this moment forth, shall be known as the Wingman.

Wingmen

From now on, we encourage keyers to designate a Wingman at the start of every floor.

The Wingman will serve several functions in support of the keyer.

- In the case that the keyer disconnects. The wingman becomes the default keyer.

- Second to the keyer, the wingman should be the most vocal person on the team. Giving regular status updates to the keyer.

- The wingman is encouraged to give advice to room clearers, on how to clear GDs more efficiently.

- The wingman is often in charge of opening thieving chests and making altars.

- The keyer will sometimes ask the wingman to hold onto the ggs, for the purpose of carrying the ggs from one gd to the next. The keyer will ask the wingman to perform this task by saying: “Drag GGS”.

- The keyer may or may not ask the wingman to perform a number of additional functions:

.....Bring/Loot Alchemy Runes

.....Bring/Loot Humidify Runes

.....Bring/Loot Entangle Runes

.....Kill Dinos and make leather armor

PS: Yeah I guess there can be wingwomen too

PPS: Wingtrannies?

Naaxi.png

Hey guys.

We're looking to improve our floor times, and we believe the next natural step is to have some of the non-keyers take a more active role in the dungeoneering floors.

We want 1 person to volunteer, per floor, to assist the keyer with tasks that are not simply GD clearing. This person from this moment forth, shall be known as the Wingman.

Wingmen

From now on, we encourage keyers to designate a Wingman at the start of every floor.

The Wingman will serve several functions in support of the keyer.

- In the case that the keyer disconnects. The wingman becomes the default keyer.

- Second to the keyer, the wingman should be the most vocal person on the team. Giving regular status updates to the keyer.

- The wingman is encouraged to give advice to room clearers, on how to clear GDs more efficiently.

- The wingman is often in charge of opening thieving chests and making altars.

- The keyer will sometimes ask the wingman to hold onto the ggs, for the purpose of carrying the ggs from one gd to the next. The keyer will ask the wingman to perform this task by saying: Drag GGS.

- The keyer may or may not ask the wingman to perform a number of additional functions:

.....Bring/Loot Alchemy Runes

.....Bring/Loot Humidify Runes

.....Bring/Loot Entangle Runes

.....Kill Dinos and make leather armor

PS:

Yeah I guess there can be wingwomen too

Everyone should be a wingman, not just 1 person.

Though it is not always possible to get a team of people that are intelligible to know what to do without the keyer to baby feed them instructions.

Everyone should be more active. They should realize what to do next after a gd is cleared and if they don't know, ask the keyer or find something useful to do. Standing around is bever beneficial to floor times.

Everyone should be a wingman, not just 1 person.

Though it is not always possible to get a team of people that are intelligible to know what to do without the keyer to baby feed them instructions.

Everyone should be more active. They should realize what to do next after a gd is cleared and if they don't know, ask the keyer or find something useful to do. Standing around is bever beneficial to floor times.

I don't think everybody can be an effective wingman.

1 quality wingman is better than 4 mediocre ones ultimately.

ultimately the vision is that a good wingman can become so familiar with keyers that they can anticipate requests before they are even made.

That would be a very difficult quality to train, unless we focused on a small handful of volunteers.

Naaxi.png

A few updates:

- Grimy's post regarding "wingmen" has been added to a new Special Announcements section on the front page.

- Grimy is now the official Head Keyer.

- All keyers should look for a new Keyer Discussion subforum on the DGS forums. :thumbup:

- Small amendment made to the bind guidelines regarding Primal Battleaxes.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.