Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Quick question, once I hit 50 dunge (I'm working on it now), bind a gorg 2h and gorg plate, what are some beginner tips from someone who knows almost nothing about DG? Like common courtesies, basic strategies to know before joining a team?

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^that was my first thought to

EDIT: got ninjad

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I have two questions that I thought i'd ask before maybe trying this out:

Is Skype used that much in amongst the cc?

Is it okay to participate if i'm not that much of an active tip.iter anymore? I've resorted to just lurking these forums during the last 2 years or so after writing that I had quit Runescape in my tip.it blog. I've been incognito, under a different RS name, ever since ever since.

Thanks in advance.

Costantino.png

couldn't you just have gotten Low_C to give you the pass to dungeonsweep? :unsure:

But that would be account sharing. ;)

I have two questions that I thought i'd ask before maybe trying this out:

Is it okay to participate if i'm not that much of an active tip.iter anymore? I've resorted to just lurking these forums during the last 2 years or so after writing that I had quit Runescape in my tip.it blog. I've been incognito, under a different RS name, ever since ever since.

Thanks in advance.

It depends on the keyer. Some keyers use it a lot, some use it sometimes, some don't use it at all. I highly recommend getting it in the event that a keyer asks you to use it.

It's perfectly okay to use the clan chat regardless of how often you post on TIF. There are people who use the clan chat who don't even have TIF accounts. :P

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Quick question, once I hit 50 dunge (I'm working on it now), bind a gorg 2h and gorg plate, what are some beginner tips from someone who knows almost nothing about DG? Like common courtesies, basic strategies to know before joining a team?

Unless your a keyer, the main thing to really know is to just be attentive. If the keyer tells you to do something, do it.

Strategies include placing gatestones at far away/annoying doors to reach.

Luring/kiting monsters to make killing easier

If you are on curses, use deflects to your advantage. Assuming you are not at risk from multiple types, take off your armor and pray. Deflect damage can do quiet a lot against high level Rangers, warriors, zombies, skeletons (non mage), giants, brutes, and earth warriors.

If you're forced to melee a warrior, take notice to their armor. If they are wearing a platebody/legs, use crush if you can, chain/skirt, DO NOT use crush, use slash or stab (should be slash though, unless your the specialized stabber, you shouldn't even have a stab option on your weapon)

Flashing Soul Split + Turmoil to save food (if you can)

Gatestoning to negate damage (when doing a skill door that could potentially kill you, if you fail, you can teleport to your personal gatestone to negate any damage delt to you by the door)

If you see a locked chest, click on it. Opening chests takes only 1 game tick to complete, and some hold a lot of money (good for buying supplies to make an altar), or arrows (nice to find incase you happen to get a rangeable boss)

Ignore any rocks that aren't Zyphyrium (altar) or Gorgonite/Promethium (depends on summoning levels of your team, to be used to make blood ragers + Scrolls)

The same for Trees that aren't Bovistrangler (altar), or entgallow/gravecreeper (bows, only take the time to cut if you KNOW the boss is better ranged)

If you find random keys on your own, and you do not know where the corresponding door is, teleport to the gatestone, drop it, and inform the keyer that you have done so.

Call out doors/puzzles you find. If you can't open a door due to level, make sure the team knows, so they know if someone needs to head there, or if they need to make a potion

Watch out for Magebane, wormwood, lycopus and wintergrip herbs/seeds. Drop off misc. herbs at the start room. For seeds, plant them in a patch you think you might pass later.

In complexity one dungeons the Leader of the party acts as a group gatestone. If you have laws bound, this is great for making complexity ones go very fast.

As far as common courtesy goes.

Don't spam click food. Look at how much there is, and only take your share. If there's 5 of you, and the monster drops 8 food, take AT MOST 2 pieces. Keep in mind the keyer will need more food, try to take notice to teammate's food consumption. If you see one person eating more, they might have a greater need at the moment for food.

At the beginning of a dungeon, only take 1 or two items to sell for a toolkit and runes, leave some for other people

If someone disconnects, do not touch their items, unless you are able to physically ask them if it is all right to do so.

If you see random resources at the start room (logs, ores, charms), they're probably there for a reason, don't touch them. (a perfect example are zypherium ores, which are used to make altars)

Ignore any rocks that aren't Zyphyrium (altar) or Gorgonite/Promethium (depends on summoning levels of your team, to be used to make blood ragers + Scrolls)

The same for Trees that aren't Bovistrangler (altar), or entgallow/gravecreeper (bows, only take the time to cut if you KNOW the boss is better ranged)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Gatestoning to negate damage (when doing a skill door that could potentially kill you, if you fail, you can teleport to your personal gatestone to negate any damage delt to you by the door)

In complexity one dungeons the Leader of the party acts as a group gatestone. If you have laws bound, this is great for making complexity ones go very fast.

What does luring/kiting mean?

How do you gatestone to negate damage? Like, when do you teleport?

What do you mean he/she acts as the group gatestone?

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

What does luring/kiting mean?

How do you gatestone to negate damage? Like, when do you teleport?

What do you mean he/she acts as the group gatestone?

Luring - Luring a monster so you can safespot it and not have to pray against it.

Kiting - For npcs with a melee and range/mage attack, you hit and run out of the melee range, so you can pray against their mage/range attack.

When you use person gatestone to tele, any damage recieved during the teleport animation is cancelled.

In c1's there is no group gatestone, but instead the party leaders acts as the ggs.

In c1's there is no group gatestone, but instead the party leaders acts as the ggs.

Ok, I'm absolutely [developmentally delayed]ed, I still don't get this...

you can bind laws as ammo, and teleport to the group leader, just as you would teleport to a gatestone, since in c1's you cant use them.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

you can bind laws as ammo, and teleport to the group leader, just as you would teleport to a gatestone, since in c1's you cant use them.

OH, that's a spell? I've never been in a group, so I guess I didn't notice that.

OH, that's a spell? I've never been in a group, so I guess I didn't notice that.

Yes, its a teleport spell in the Dungeon itself, so you can teleport to it/keyer.

OMG! TELEPORT!

It's rare for me to allow someone without skype on my teams. They have to have a very good reason for being incapable of at least listening in. Skype speeds up floors by 5 minutes or so, both because typing as a keyer wastes time, and because people tend to do what you say when you tell them in voice a LOT more promptly than when you tell them in chat.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

The "hurr ignore this" was because it was a double post. :P Sorry about that.

The inquisitive side of me, would like to ask, whether you may divulge, the reason for the change in our lovely home... cc?

In a nutshell, Low_C owned the cc account and it was a pain having to ask him to fiddle with it all the time, as he's quit Runescape. Much easier now that the account belongs to me.

He is clearly lying and you all know it.

The real reason is that golvellius filed a lawsuit for the dungeonsweepers franchise and obt surrendered to his will. From now on, you are required to make full prom armor and bind dirty underwear for all large dungeons.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Thanks Vex -.-. If anyone's wondering, the full sentence was "Hmmm going to try a long black demon trip".

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Quick question:

I'm a pretty darn good dungeoneer already myself lvl 35ftw .... Still I tend to trust your guys opinion on these kind of things..

I'm not really exactly excited about the weapon I have bind now, so at my stats (stats in sig) what weapon should I have bind can I find one that suits me on the floors or should I bribe some1 into making me one?

second question:

For faster xp - after I complete my first 17 floors or whatever, after resetting should I just rush first 10 or do them at c6 from the start?

Purekilljoy.png

Quick question:

I'm a pretty darn good dungeoneer already myself lvl 35ftw .... Still I tend to trust your guys opinion on these kind of things..

I'm not really exactly excited about the weapon I have bind now, so at my stats (stats in sig) what weapon should I have bind can I find one that suits me on the floors or should I bribe some1 into making me one?

second question:

For faster xp - after I complete my first 17 floors or whatever, after resetting should I just rush first 10 or do them at c6 from the start?

Bind a prom 2h, try the cc "dung smith" or something, or even ask someone in dgs.

after you reset, you wanna c1/rush your lower floors.

Or get a group of 5 people and have a mild amount of fun C6 rushing your low floors like I did for fun. Avg of 3 min a floor, 2.5 k exp per at my prestige = 50 k exp/hr

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

have a mild amount of fun C6 rushing your low floors like I did for fun

^ Subjective

even I hate actually doing the low level floors, regardless of what complexity/size they are.

C6 runs are pretty fun tbh.

If you fish the fishing spots, you can cut the relative loss of time down to like... 30 mins of time per what would otherwise be a c1 rush.

Not bad. I have to do C6 runs for data anyways.

Naaxi.png

Thx a lot for your input! I'd probably sent that skill the f off without you guys. :D

Quick question, how many times should I update my berserker ring? I wont be slaying before my chaotic rapier anyhow so farming and dng are my options for now. At the moment I've been just upgrading the ring as often as possible, or should I get a scroll of life before upgrading my ring again?

Purekilljoy.png

Thx a lot for your input! I'd probably sent that skill the f off without you guys. :D

Quick question, how many times should I update my berserker ring? I wont be slaying before my chaotic rapier anyhow so farming and dng are my options for now. At the moment I've been just upgrading the ring as often as possible, or should I get a scroll of life before upgrading my ring again?

-Rings:

You will be required to upgrade your berserker ring as follows:

the rules are:

* Tier 6 at 80+ dungeoneering.

* Tier 8 at 90+ dungeoneering.

* Tier 9 at 100+ dungeoneering.

Naaxi.png

Scroll of life first. Farming anything without the scroll of life is identical to flushing money down the toilet.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

have a mild amount of fun C6 rushing your low floors like I did for fun

^ Subjective

even I hate actually doing the low level floors, regardless of what complexity/size they are.

C6 runs are pretty fun tbh.

If you fish the fishing spots, you can cut the relative loss of time down to like... 30 mins of time per what would otherwise be a c1 rush.

Not bad. I have to do C6 runs for data anyways.

wait...what? :blink:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png