Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

This is causing a lot of confusion. Your rs clan page says you are not recruiting http://services.runescape.com/m=clan-home/g=runescape/c=tLhAbKToeao/clan/DGS will it be possible to dg with you without a rank?

For the past week we've been working hard on some huge changes to DGS, so have some patience. The clan page is just meant to deter randoms from joining the clan chat, nothing more.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow your statement here (and reason why you were allowed to post here) does NOT follow what your statements are ingame:

"we'll be requiring you to register at the xpwaste forums soon" - So you're just using tif now as a jumping platform to get enough people?

"we kick people for inactivity" - tip.it doesn't do that, so it's not in line with tip.it's policy

"You'll have to show video, proof of quality" - wasn't this about LEARNING/TEACHING? - This kind of defeats the purpose

"we'll move away from tip.it forums as they don't give us too good people anymore" - this is blatantly against what you wrote here, nobody starts good.

On top of that the activity at the xpwaste forums is terrible and not up to the standards of tip.it I believe.

All in all, this is a good CLAN - as a clan it's a perfect one for anyone to go into (if you are interested into dungeoneering that is).

But it's no longer an open community fitted on tip.it.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

now DGS just exists so keyers can farm xp. :rolleyes:

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Wow your statement here (and reason why you were allowed to post here) does NOT follow what your statements are ingame:

"we'll be requiring you to register at the xpwaste forums soon" - So you're just using tif now as a jumping platform to get enough people?

"we kick people for inactivity" - tip.it doesn't do that, so it's not in line with tip.it's policy

"You'll have to show video, proof of quality" - wasn't this about LEARNING/TEACHING? - This kind of defeats the purpose

"we'll move away from tip.it forums as they don't give us too good people anymore" - this is blatantly against what you wrote here, nobody starts good.

On top of that the activity at the xpwaste forums is terrible and not up to the standards of tip.it I believe.

All in all, this is a good CLAN - as a clan it's a perfect one for anyone to go into (if you are interested into dungeoneering that is).

DGS isn't for babysitting. We're not going to teach people how to create gates and do puzzles. DGS focuses on fine tuning and optimizing dungeoneering performance, not babysitting relatively new dungeoneers.

ZMFg2.jpg

This. So much.

First things first, I dg'd with DGS from about 85-99 a few months back, and it was always my intention to go even further again when I'd put up some more skills and got through my resit exams.

And also, this is a great clan if you were somehow already very good at the things it look for and managed to get it, im not going to argue that DGS is one of the best DG clans out there

However;

-The reason you aren't getting many new people from tif is probably that they're scared to apply. You expect unreasonably high requirements of people to join and even though you're looking for the right mindset rather than the skills, it would be very offputting to apply. If there were some sort of stepping stone or 'testing clan' into DGS I guess that'd help this, bu of course that'd take some considerable work from dgs members

-Although when this clan was created it was about teaching and learning, the ethos has changed quite a lot since then and also, if you're just using the placement on tif in order to recruit, this no longer belongs in H&A.

-I've kept upto date with this clan and thread over the time I've been gone and unfortunately, it just seems like you're no longer welcoming, too harsh on new people who need to be given a little space to at least show their potential worth, did you ever consider the reason so many arguements occur on this thread is because theres actually something majorly wrong with either the clans construction, or the place you have put it?

With respect, it seems you no longer care for the fact that you're a part of tif (and certainly dont belong in H&A) so why should tif give you the convenience and benefit of free advertising when you'll more than likely turn down or put off anyone new that shows an interest?

I know I'm not alone in this view, and my time with DGS was fun and I learnt a lot, but since it is now neither of those things, I think I'l be sticking to dungeoneering with friends and HYT.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

ok I'm "rejected" for wanting to have fun, and apparently having an attitude.

That's a first for me, "having an attitude" never heard that about me.

Then they came for me

In response to Octarine:

DGS isn't for babysitting. We're not going to teach people how to create gates and do puzzles. DGS focuses on fine tuning and optimizing dungeoneering performance, not babysitting relatively new dungeoneers.

DGS isn't for everyone, obviously. We never were.

We'll be making a large announcement about the future of DGS very shortly, so once again, hold off on the speeches until we've finalized everything. Thanks.

dgs5.jpg

Perhaps you should change the title. It seems the problem here is that some people read the title and assume that this clan is welcoming towards ALL tipiters, but Grimy and others have stated in the past that DGS is an elitist clan only welcoming the hardcore players.

Perhaps you should change the title. It seems the problem here is that some people read the title and assume that this clan is welcoming towards ALL tipiters, but Grimy and others have stated in the past that DGS is an elitist clan only welcoming the hardcore players.

Should it stay in help & advice then?

Then they came for me

We'll be making a large announcement about the future of DGS very shortly, so once again, hold off on the speeches until we've finalized everything. Thanks.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

*insert random anti dgs statements here*

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

Today marks the biggest change to DGS since . . . ever. We now have set standards for our ranks, an application system for progressing through the ranks, a change in the way we advertise, a new home, and most importantly - new trivia!

Ranks:

Previously our recruit rank (single stripe) was a completely useless rank that was handed out to anyone who used the chat for an extended period of time. As of today, all recruits must meet certain standards and undergo a few tests (I'll explain this in a bit) before claiming the right to call themselves Dungeonsweepers. Some recruits will be de-ranked and retested as necessary, but they should be few and far between. Ultimately we want every member of DGS to feel comfortable taking every other member of DGS on their teams.

Most importantly, however, ALL recruits will be expected to become wingmen, and all wingmen will be expected to become keyers.

The wingman rank was previously supposed to be a completely non-keying position (though some wingmen did key here and there). Essentially, recruit ranks either chose to be wingmen or keyers, if they chose at all. The wingman rank now denotes the middle point between recruit and keyer, with huge emphasis on learning to key. Wingmen will also be required to help recruits become wingmen (THE CIRCLE OF LIFE!).

The keyer rank should now be the end goal of every recruit and wingman in DGS. You cannot be truly good at dungeoneering without being able to key, which is something we've never emphasized enough. Furthermore, the keyer rank will now denote mastery in all non-keying aspects of dungeoneering.

Application system:

We've always been a community that values commitment, goals, and attitude just as much as dungeoneering skill. Our application process includes a written application and a review test for every rank. Anyone wanting to join DGS must submit an application before using the clan chat, at which point they'll be able to dungeoneer as a non-recruit until they pass their recruit review. The wingman and keyer reviews place much more emphasis on dungeoneering skill, however. This also simplifies weeding out randoms from the chat, as a simple "do you have an application?" will suffice nicely.

Leaving Tip.it:

Due to the large number of tools and resources required to implement these changes, we are no longer able to operate off of a single thread in Tip.it's H&A forum, and certain restrictions prevent us from simply linking to our various applications and guides from the Tip.it thread. Thus, DGS will now be hosted on The-Forum-That-Must-Not-Be-Named.

Advertisement:

Because DGS can no longer cater to Tipiters alone, we will be advertising on other fansites. We were previously unable to do this as we had very little quality control, but the application and ranking systems will serve to weed out the vast majority of bad seeds quite nicely. We don't expect much traffic from these sites, but that suits us just fine.

Future projects:

With these changes in place, we will now begin serious work on our massive dungeoneering guide/database, as well as Youtube podcasts which will consist of commentary on floors, video guides, recruit tests, etc.

Weekly trivia:

Finally, we realize that we've neglected the trivia while working on all of these changes, so this week we have a four-part trivia written by IHasChicken. Hopefully that will tide everyone over till next week. ;)

Bragging rights:

As of July 31st, 2011:

- DGS is #3 in Runescape for dungeoneering experience.

- DGS is #6 in Runescape for total experience.

- DGS has 158 ranked members.

- The average dungeoneering level in DGS is 99.

- DGS has 10 members with 120 dungeoneering.

- DGS is the only dungeoneering clan that actively conducts dungeoneering research.

- DGS is the only major P2P dungeoneering clan without a level requirement.

Last words:

We would like to thank the Tip.it administration for allowing our thread to remain in the H&A forum all this time. If we could, we would simply create an advertisement thread in the clan forum so that Tipiters could continue to find us with ease, but alas. One thing I'd like to clear up, however: While DGS was originally created with the intention of catering specifically to Tipiters and helping anyone with a computer and a Runescape account, we've slowly changed our goals and ethos over time. Just so everyone is completely clear:

- DGS is not a babysitting clan, nor is it a chaotics/frost dragons clan.

- DGS takes serious dungeoneers and helps them fine-tune their skills and knowledge.

- DGS attempts to create pro keyers out of every member.

- DGS does not condone suiciding or fast floors for the sake of being fast; rather, members should focus on the team's overall exp per hour.

- DGS conducts dungeoneering research so as to facilitate progression in efficient dungeoneering.

If anyone has any questions about joining DGS, send a private message to any DGS admin.

Thank you,

Obtaurian, Cheeesy, Michael, Grimy Bunyip, Rocked

- DGS Administrators

dgs5.jpg

After discussion with Obtaurian and because of the recent announcement (with DGS leaving Tip.It, becoming a proper clan, etc.) we have decided to lock this thread. Thanks for the help you provided to Tip.It'ers in the past :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog