Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Slightly off topic, but can anyone confirm/disprove that the door that opens up to the boss room will ALWAYS be either a key door or a guardian door. (No skill doors, for example; not sure about door doors.) I realize this is a pretty random bit of information, but I'm curious =p.

Any kind of door has the chance of having the boss within it, it's just that it's more common that keys/GDs contain them.

As a side note, the lodestone puzzle does NOT require agility, I'm able to do it in f2p with 1 agility and it doesn't show members only or level requirements. I'm always able to do them when they come along. Same thing with sleeping brutes and stealing keys and the thieving skill (it does not require it).

EDIT: When 3stats/10stats/monolith has more than 1 door in it, occasionally one of them would be a GD or a skill door, just saying ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im done trying to ask for help. No point in asking when people are too stubborn to help even a little bit (not including LitterBug because he helped more than any one of you, and not including mrgreens)...

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Im done trying to ask for help. No point in asking when people are too stubborn to help even a little bit (not including LitterBug because he helped more than any one of you, and not including mrgreens)...

Have you read the guidelines recently? If so, you'll know that taking banned members is severely, severely frowned upon in DGS teams. It's not that we're unwilling to help (we have a new application form that will enable us to help new recruits even more); it's that many of us are unable to help because you've gone and gotten yourself banned. There's nothing you can do to change that unless you get your ban removed, and nagging (sorry, but it comes across that way) is a poor way of getting on anyone with the power to remove your ban's good side.

Our_Moon.png

After looking over the rules and requirements to join DGS, does it mean Range Tanks can't really join? With such low attack and strength levels, a melee weapon wouldn't be too great leaving me with just range & mage as options. Will using range/mage as my only options of offense cause me to get kicked from teams?

2496.png

104273167.png

Have you read the guidelines recently? If so, you'll know that taking banned members is severely, severely frowned upon in DGS teams. It's not that we're unwilling to help (we have a new application form that will enable us to help new recruits even more); it's that many of us are unable to help because you've gone and gotten yourself banned. There's nothing you can do to change that unless you get your ban removed, and nagging (sorry, but it comes across that way) is a poor way of getting on anyone with the power to remove your ban's good side.

Why is it that taking banned members is frowned upon in DGS? I mean, the only thing that I know of which has gotten him banned is that one incident long time ago, which is forum related... What has he done exactly that is a huge offense within the dungeons themselves? (sounds odd I know)

Everyone needs to get to 120/200m xp somehow. :unsure:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

After looking over the rules and requirements to join DGS, does it mean Range Tanks can't really join? With such low attack and strength levels, a melee weapon wouldn't be too great leaving me with just range & mage as options. Will using range/mage as my only options of offense cause me to get kicked from teams?

Certain keyers will allow you on their teams if all you have is a hood and empowered fire staff/celestial catalytic staff (using fire surge, of course). Ranged is absolutely forbidden unless you have a hexhunter, however. Efficient dungeoneering means using melee.

@ Sonikku - Taking banned players completely negates the ban. Why ban them if they still get to reap the benefits of the chat? There are plenty of dungeoneering clans to choose from. DGS isn't right for him.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Certain keyers will allow you on their teams if all you have is a hood and empowered fire staff/celestial catalytic staff (using fire surge, of course). Ranged is absolutely forbidden unless you have a hexhunter, however. Efficient dungeoneering means using melee.

@ Sonikku - Taking banned players completely negates the ban. Why ban them if they still get to reap the benefits of the chat? There are plenty of dungeoneering clans to choose from. DGS isn't right for him.

So my best bet if I were to dungeoneer with DGS is to bind an empowered fire staff/celestial catalytic staff and hope that the keyer will allow me to dungeorneer with them?

2496.png

104273167.png

Your best bet probably is to key :P. Since the keyer has to do the least damage and you have great defensive stats.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Your best bet probably is to key :P. Since the keyer has to do the least damage and you have great defensive stats.

this. you also cant get kicked out of teams if your the one hosting.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Fair enough, hah I guess that makes more sense than my proposed idea lol. Guess I better work on my keying skills, thanks for the replies.

2496.png

104273167.png

DGS teams don't kick. :shades:

you have high total, so yeah best bet is to key.

harpycopy.png

fyi, ladies dig the talons

Hot man of the Trickster Pirates.

This kind of leads me to another question. Remember I'm a range tank so it may be somewhat of a unique question since it doesn't relate to a majority of people. It's been established that ranging is inefficient and shouldn't be used at all (apart from a hexhunter bow which I do not have). I'm below 100 dungeoneering so I can only have 2 binded items. So other than my SSH, as a Keyer would my other item binded be an empowered fire staff so I can deal damage (this is what I assume) or a promethium plate for defense while keying (sounded like a decent option to me, but could be a very stupid idea for all I know lol)?

2496.png

104273167.png

This kind of leads me to another question. Remember I'm a range tank so it may be somewhat of a unique question since it doesn't relate to a majority of people. It's been established that ranging is inefficient and shouldn't be used at all (apart from a hexhunter bow which I do not have). I'm below 100 dungeoneering so I can only have 2 binded items. So other than my SSH, as a Keyer would my other item binded be an empowered fire staff so I can deal damage (this is what I assume) or a promethium plate for defense while keying (sounded like a decent option to me, but could be a very stupid idea for all I know lol)?

Assuming you have a CSB, either a CCS or Empowered fire staff would be your best bet.

I meant before the floor starts.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

EDIT: When 3stats/10stats/monolith has more than 1 door in it, occasionally one of them would be a GD or a skill door, just saying ;)

I know this holds true for 3stats and monos occasionally, but are you sure about 10 stats? I've never seen/noticed it for 10 stats personally. If it were a gd ever I'd probably notice.

So my best bet if I were to dungeoneer with DGS is to bind an empowered fire staff/celestial catalytic staff and hope that the keyer will allow me to dungeorneer with them?

If you have odd binds such as this, you should inform teammates when hosting or when joining a team. But I don't think most people will mind.

siggya.png

Hmm I do seem to remember seeing a mining door in 10stats... that was a long while ago though.

Seeing those even in 3stats/monos are ultra rare though.

By the way I seem to have found a use for the starting table... if the guy with the GGS puts it on the table, then said person becomes the GGS, until it is taken off.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

By the way I seem to have found a use for the starting table... if the guy with the GGS puts it on the table, then said person becomes the GGS, until it is taken off.

yup a few of us have messed with ppl in w117 or wherever with this

we could not think of any real applications, though

siggya.png

Can I get the Colored thing for 18 min warp and 17 min Abandoned keyed, if there is 1 for 17 min abandoned lol. Don't have picture for 18m warp but Rocked/Tui/Pfohl/Blade were in it and can verify

17m abd

110723120424.png

Dakr06.png

Can I get the Colored thing for 18 min warp and 17 min Abandoned keyed, if there is 1 for 17 min abandoned lol. Don't have picture for 18m warp but Rocked/Tui/Pfohl/Blade were in it and can verify

17m abd

110723120424.png

They've been discontinued. I sent you a pm.

I think the reasoning for the change was to make people focus on survival more.

siggya.png

This isn't a use. If the person just carries it with them, that person is also the ggs, except that it's easier to drop it to give to someone than to ht to loot if off table.

podv4.png

any idea how level mod works?

i've done dungeons where I've got 7%, and others have got 10% or 8%.

it isnt the save for everyone o.o

that's a very intriguing observation, perhaps it's a function of how many monsters you in particular killed.

or maybe it's a function of the monsters you were around.

we could have a leech follow the GD's and not kill anything and double check.

then we could have a leech run to a far corner of the map far away from GD's and check again.

Naaxi.png