Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

I heard from an Admin that all ghosts except level 199 ghosts shouldn't be crushed.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, well could anyone please verify? I can't remember if it was anyone in dgs or somewhere else that stated this, but I do remember reading elsewhere that certain ghosts should be crushed?

Also, I definitely remember it being crushed Rare. Is it better to mage 199+ ghosts, by the way?

Per Grimy, you should crush ALL ghosts of ALL levels (last time I heard.... ~two weeks ago) if you're meleeing them. I *think* (not Grimy's words) that you should mage anything over 136.

EDIT: changed the current "crush" from the erroneous "mage," sorry

Our_Moon.png

He said that he heard that 199+ ghosts SHOULD be crushed. Those below should be crushed. This likely assumes the lack of a CSB. Read carefully.

I said that in my previous post. Saying not to crush below 199 level means the same thing as crushing at 199+ level.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

baxers should always crush all ghosts.

Whether or not 2h's should slash or crush ghosts depends on how Jagex scales the defense of monsters between high and low levels.

However they're notoriously bad at that, so it's actually near impossible for me to know if slashing is better at low levels.

But definitely crush high level ghosts.

Naaxi.png

To clarify;

ALL 199 ghosts should be maged.

ALL ghosts above 136 should be maged if you have a ccs (for sure)

Anything between 136-199 should be maged at your discretion, based on your magic binds/staff

And ALL ghosts should be CRUSHED when NOT maged.

ZMFg2.jpg

110727022311.png

medal plx.

But in all seriousness, I'm gonna be going for keyer rank sometime soon and I was wondering what exactly I should do? What should be average time be and all that?

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Nah, like.. 6th or 7th. But that one doesn't really count. :P

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

But in all seriousness, I'm gonna be going for keyer rank sometime soon and I was wondering what exactly I should do? What should be average time be and all that?

Go to xpw, start a keyer spreadsheet, once it has 25+ floors you can can fill in an application form for keyer rank, and then be tested by 4 dgs ranks.

In terms of average time, the only cutoff is that we don't consider people with an average above 30 mins.

Your personal average time is a measure of skill, teammate's skill, and # of deaths. So we judge based on your teammates etc.

Make sure you know how to be smart about gating, organizing the team, and the other things like dps, boss strategies, combat techniques, puzzles etc.

I recommend rereading my guide and thinking about efficient map prioritization while dnging.

siggya.png

Does anyone know if there is a vid demonstrating kiting or sidestepping. I'm having difficulty doing it myself and I'd like to see where they click and at what point through an attack turn they click

I can show you in a small/med whenever you want. PM me.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Does anyone know if there is a vid demonstrating kiting or sidestepping. I'm having difficulty doing it myself and I'd like to see where they click and at what point through an attack turn they click

Could you also show me? Thank you.

azeem1992.png

Could you also show me? Thank you.

Yes. PM me ingame.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Such a great clan, someone has to leave for a few months to study.. And when he comes back he gets welcomed by "please leave or you get kicked".

Maybe I'm just expecting too much :)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Due to our new application system, we're removing a lot of recruit ranks and asking them to apply formally. It's just to make sure everyone is up to our new standards. It's nothing personal. As Mr Greens posted below, this was explained to you already.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

[6:45:10 PM] Andy | Chee: "Cheesy is banned from tif for posting a link to xpw, but here's the actual discussion you had with him: [23:27:44] Andy | Chee: http://i.imgur.com/N0PJp.png

[6:45:26 PM] Andy | Chee: We have just made our requirements for a recruit rank higher"

harpycopy.png

fyi, ladies dig the talons

Hot man of the Trickster Pirates.

Uhm this is still a tif topic, right?

If you're becomming a formal clan, you should get into the formal clan boards and not in the q & a boards.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.