Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

any idea how level mod works?

i've done dungeons where I've got 7%, and others have got 10% or 8%.

it isnt the save for everyone o.o

that's a very intriguing observation, perhaps it's a function of how many monsters you in particular killed.

or maybe it's a function of the monsters you were around.

we could have a leech follow the GD's and not kill anything and double check.

then we could have a leech run to a far corner of the map far away from GD's and check again.

I'd really like to know what comes of this test; level mod doesn't affect base experience, though, does it?

Our_Moon.png

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering whether a Primal Maul will be better than a Gorg 2h when my third bind is a CCS with a Surgebox. It seems that most things that are weak to crush are also weak to Magic (Forgotten Warriors with plates, Earth warriors, Fire giants etc). Is the accuracy of a Maul good enough on monsters that are weaker to slash?

93959819.png

Leaaf.png

So, with new members having to use this upcoming application form to become a recruit, does that mean that people like me would have to use the application form? I've been in the clan chat for a good month now (actually started using it back in April, but took a good few months break), and just waiting for the chance to get ranked (obviously need to dunge with ranked Keyers than just other recruits more often).

Also, until the application form comes out, is it even possible to get ranked anymore by reccomendations, or are you stopping ranking until you sort the form out? :)

that's a very intriguing observation, perhaps it's a function of how many monsters you in particular killed.

then we could have a leech run to a far corner of the map far away from GD's and check again.

I'd really like to know what comes of this test; level mod doesn't affect base experience, though, does it?

according to KB

Points Mod - your skill and combat level, modified by how many creatures you left alive on a raid

according to KB

Points Mod - your skill and combat level, modified by how many creatures you left alive on a raid

I wouldn't trust the kb. Definitely something worth testing.

according to KB

I wouldn't trust the kb. Definitely something worth testing.

I volunteer to leech.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

By the way I seem to have found a use for the starting table... if the guy with the GGS puts it on the table, then said person becomes the GGS, until it is taken off.

yup a few of us have messed with ppl in w117 or wherever with this

we could not think of any real applications, though

If you put the GGS on the table, then exit to lobby and return to the dungeon, then the GGS teleport and portal will not work. There is no message in the chatbox to acknowledge that you've clicked the spell or tried to enter the portal.

It's a pity, since it may have had some use if the leader became the GT after whoever placed it on the table exits to lobby.

93959819.png

Leaaf.png

We've been working hard on the new application and ranking system, so the trivia is on the back burner right now. It does seem like the trivia is bi-monthly rather than weekly, though, and for that I apologize - we usually try to make it as interesting as possible, so the trivia kinda happens as soon as someone thinks of something cool rather than on certain dates.

The application system is just about done. Sorry for the delay, but it'll be well worth it.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I just bound a blood necklace(w00t!), along with my primal baxe and ssh.

I know to constantly surround myself with as many monsters as possible, but is there anything more to it than that? Don't attack level 3 bats and books, of course, as the BN will one-hit them. If anyone has any extra tips on maximizing the use of my BN, let me know. =D

I'm wondering whether a Primal Maul will be better than a Gorg 2h when my third bind is a CCS with a Surgebox. It seems that most things that are weak to crush are also weak to Magic (Forgotten Warriors with plates, Earth warriors, Fire giants etc). Is the accuracy of a Maul good enough on monsters that are weaker to slash?

No, bind gorg 2h + ccs. Maul is horrible against zombies etc.

I just bound a blood necklace(w00t!), along with my primal baxe and ssh.

I know to constantly surround myself with as many monsters as possible, but is there anything more to it than that? Don't attack level 3 bats and books, of course, as the BN will one-hit them. If anyone has any extra tips on maximizing the use of my BN, let me know. =D

Kind've trivial knowledge, but it only activates on monsters that are aggro'd on someone + bosses

It can be used to KO lum icefiend and stomp if you fail to ko regularly.

siggya.png

Not that anyone will care, but I've decided to leave DGS. However this post is not going to rant about the clan is any way whatsoever. I only left because of a girl (odear).

When I was hardcore dging with you guys, back in November/December/January I think, it was brilliant. Could not have asked for a better group of teachers. I have spent the last couple months maxing out (as Ousekeys may have noticed, as we were both miles ahead of anyone else in the clan for xp gained, but usually within 1-2m of each other. Fair play to you!). But now it's time for me to dg again. Only I have to key every floor I do for someone else :P

Going to be happily keying for 2-3 randoms every floor in 148 on my way to 120.

Thanks again to everyone involved with making DGS a fantastic teaching clan.

Keep up the hard work!

Do you have a list of which enemies are weak to slash yet can't be maged effectively? Off the top of my head I can only think of Forgotten Rangers and Mages.

93959819.png

Leaaf.png

Do you have a list of which enemies are weak to slash yet can't be maged effectively? Off the top of my head I can only think of Forgotten Rangers and Mages.

That's not the point. Maul is a useless bind for 99% of people in DGS. What's so bad about using a gorg 2h? It IS the better option.

Our_Moon.png

Fire surge ccs w/ blazer would likely be slightly better than gorg 2h on most monsters.

However, you would waste a ton of time crafting runes.

If you are at ht making runes and not running paths, you're a bad dnger.

Air surge on the other hand with ccs is very likely worse than gorg 2h on the majority of monsters.

siggya.png

That's not the point. Maul is a useless bind for 99% of people in DGS. What's so bad about using a gorg 2h? It IS the better option.

The thing is that it's 2 tiers lower than Primal. Since I don't plan to train Attack in the near future for PvP purposes, I don't have access to Promethium weapons.

Maybe 99% of people don't have their Attack 19 levels lower than their Str?

and how is it "not the point" to ask which enemies a 2h would be better on than a maul? I can't really decide just based on a simple statement of "XXX is better".

93959819.png

Leaaf.png

This is what TUI told me when I asked her this:

Is there a reason the 2 tier difference rule (if your str is 2 tiers higher than atk' date=' use maul) exists?[/quote']

The idea is that given enough tier difference that the extra dps against crush weak monsters would be worth the inaccuracy on slash weak monsters.

But for example, Primal maul: 185 crush, 166 str

Vs Gorg 2h: 145 slash, 121 crush, 141 str

I'd choose gorg 2h

We don't have any numbers on the crush defenses of slash weak monsters, so this is purely speculation, but mauls in general are a lot worse than 2h'ers, so we have the rule for odd accounts that are say, 60 attack 99 str, and to disallow most players from using maul over 2hs of similar tiers because it's [cabbage].

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.