Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=-How to join DGS:]

• You must have 45 defense (for a shadow silk hood) and 64 magic (for GGS teleport).
  • It's recommended that you can do at least f30, as large floors below that are very rare.
  • You must have read the entire first post, also known as the "guidelines."
  • Read Bassy's Dungeoneering Tips and Tricks guide. Do it.
  • Read Tip.it's Advanced Dungeoneering guide. Do it.
  • Read Tui's Map Reading and Team Organization guide. DO IT.
  • Have the required levels? Read the guidelines? Good, now join the clan chat 'DGS' as a guest. Upon entering the clan chat, announce that you're from Tip.it and that you've read the guidelines so as to prevent any accidental kicks.
  • Do not ask for floors. Join advertised floors or host your own. You will be expected to host your own eventually.
  • Once you've been in the clan chat for awhile and you've shown improvement, you may request a recruit rank (details in the ranks section of the guidelines).

I'm impressed, probably one of the first people to not flame a new person.

[spoiler=-How to join DGS:]

• You must have 45 defense (for a shadow silk hood) and 64 magic (for GGS teleport).
  • It's recommended that you can do at least f30, as large floors below that are very rare.
  • You must have read the entire first post, also known as the "guidelines."
  • Read Bassy's Dungeoneering Tips and Tricks guide. Do it.
  • Read Tip.it's Advanced Dungeoneering guide. Do it.
  • Read Tui's Map Reading and Team Organization guide. DO IT.
  • Have the required levels? Read the guidelines? Good, now join the clan chat 'DGS' as a guest. Upon entering the clan chat, announce that you're from Tip.it and that you've read the guidelines so as to prevent any accidental kicks.
  • Do not ask for floors. Join advertised floors or host your own. You will be expected to host your own eventually.
  • Once you've been in the clan chat for awhile and you've shown improvement, you may request a recruit rank (details in the ranks section of the guidelines).

I'm impressed, probably one of the first people to not flame a new person.

I have yet to see someone get flamed simply because they are new.

On topic, is there any data that indicates whether a primal b axe is better/worse than a prom 2h? Assuming all other people on the majority of floors have 2h's?

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

According to the links that this man has posted:

Primal baxe is worse than prom 2h when primal baxe has above a 67% accuracy, and it is worse than primal 2h when it has above a 77% accuracy.

Of course that assumes that the user is perfect and in combat 100% of the time. The less time you are in combat, the more time you spend running across a room or changing monsters, the more a 2h is favoured.

Primal baxe is worse than prom 2h when primal baxe has above a 67% accuracy, and it is worse than primal 2h when it has above a 77% accuracy.

Of course that assumes that the user is perfect and in combat 100% of the time. The less time you are in combat, the more time you spend running across a room or changing monsters, the more a 2h is favoured.

the speed difference between baxe and 2h is a game tick.

you are at most, losing a game tick in between your multitasking, and only for multitasking that requires 6 game ticks, or in the case that you suck and you simply can't do it in 6 game ticks.

Naaxi.png

you are at most, losing a game tick in between your multitasking, and only for multitasking that requires 6 game ticks, or in the case that you suck and you simply can't do it in 6 game ticks.

let me ask you something

What do you think would be the average accuracy of a primal battleaxe over an entire dungeon?

let me ask you something

What do you think would be the average accuracy of a primal battleaxe over an entire dungeon?

please dont use accuracies, nobody's going to remember accuracies on specific monsters with specific setups.

Better to just use defense ratings.

Not too much data on crush.

But baxe is a clear victor on skeletal rangers.

It's the mages and warriors that are kinda borderline.

Not enough data, but so far the data points to the two being about even.

The breakoff, assuming no OVL no Bneck and turmoil flashing 220 and 160 for primal and prom 2h respectively.

that makes prom 2h generally inferior, and primal 2h better on forgottens and giant bats

by about 8% on forgotten rangers, 11% on mages

but baxe is better on zombies, which have ~100 defense rating

making the baxe about 3.5% better on zombies.

but zombies are more common, have about 2.1x more hitpoints.

The same logic applies to other monsters.

Dragons, Fire giants, Giant bats might have high defense, but they aren't terribly common.

things like shades, spiders, animated pickaxes, animated books, ankous, ghosts. all baxe favored weapons, tend to crop up more often.

Naaxi.png

what about prim baxe vs prom 2h without me being able to turmoil flick?

Dgsers are focused on getting fast times. If you are not willing to give the 100% attention to making the dungeon as fast as possible and contribute to the team as much as possible by turm flashing then it is unfair to those that are willing to.

what about prim baxe vs prom 2h without me being able to turmoil flick?

Dgsers are focused on getting fast times. If you are not willing to give the 100% attention to making the dungeon as fast as possible and contribute to the team as much as possible by turm flashing then it is unfair to those that are willing to.

As a person banned from DGS I don't think it's right for you to say what DGS is focused on achieving.

To meamzead, as grimy said, the spreadsheet link was posted 2-3 posts before you.

C1Geq.png

I can't turmoil flick for a very good reason.. because I cant, due to my internet lag. i'f i'm suiciding a floor, i'll turm 100% but other than that, turmoil, or any prayer, flashing is impossible.

meamzed.png

I can't turmoil flick for a very good reason.. because I cant, due to my internet lag. i'f i'm suiciding a floor, i'll turm 100% but other than that, turmoil, or any prayer, flashing is impossible.

i find it hard to believe that your internet would lag on the order of 0.6 seconds commonly during a floor.

You are aware that there is a natural delay between when you click a prayer and when the prayer icon is lit up right?

Naaxi.png

With bad internet / bad worlds, the lag sometimes lasts more than 0.6 seconds, and sometimes varies, which makes flicking very, very difficult.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

With bad internet / bad worlds, the lag sometimes lasts more than 0.6 seconds, and sometimes varies, which makes flicking very, very difficult.

The thing to do is account for the lag and press turmoil before you need it on.

C1Geq.png

my speedtest results at the absolute best net, aka middle of night.

Ping:654

upload:.08mb/s

download:.29mb/s

this is constantly fluctating, and is normally much worse(about 800-1k ping generally) and is never predictable.

do I win yet?

meamzed.png

The thing to do is account for the lag and press turmoil before you need it on.

It's difficult if the lag fluctuates - sometimes the delay is only a tick as per normal, sometimes it goes for 3 ticks. And it varies during the game, too. I've timed turmoil flicks on laggy worlds before and sometimes my flick ends up cancelling itself due to the varying lag.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Could you let someone who doesn't know in on this secret? I can't figure it out and would like to see the spreadsheet.

Don't know if I should mention the url of the site... but here are the links to the spreadsheets.

Offensive DPS Spreadsheet

Defensive DPS Spreadsheet

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Speaking of lag, is there any way I can reduce door-lag in dungeon? As the dungeon starts to get more open I end up lagging for about 3/4 seconds, which usually ends up either wasting a few Prayer or Life points. Obviously it's particularly troublesome when you lag into a room with high level monsters that you can't hood.

I imagine having a ping close to 100 on W99 isn't helping, is it just going to be more effective to dungeoneer on other worlds?

Speaking of lag, is there any way I can reduce door-lag in dungeon? As the dungeon starts to get more open I end up lagging for about 3/4 seconds, which usually ends up either wasting a few Prayer or Life points. Obviously it's particularly troublesome when you lag into a room with high level monsters that you can't hood.

I imagine having a ping close to 100 on W99 isn't helping, is it just going to be more effective to dungeoneer on other worlds?

Lower your graphics settings to reduce doorlag, turn off all other programs that are on in the background.

World 99 seems to be laggy for some, and not laggy for others.

C1Geq.png