Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Articultural please do not use this thread to post complaints, criticism, or spam. If you have an issue or concern with this clan or the thread, please deal with it through private message.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the mininum dung skill requirement for this clan?

Please read the guidelines.

You know he made that post, just so someone would say that right, lol

Didn't know :wall:

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

The guidelines say that there are no dungeoneering level requirements, but you guys seem to frown upon people newer at dungeoneering. So how good do you have to be to use this clan?

The guidelines say that there are no dungeoneering level requirements, but you guys seem to frown upon people newer at dungeoneering. So how good do you have to be to use this clan?

However, being below level 70 will severely limit both the number of keyers who will take you and the number of floors you can do with other players.

You aren't judged on how amazing you are when you join, you are judged on how willing you are to learn and take criticism to become a more effective dungeoneer.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

You don't need certain requirements other than 45 Def, but if your first impression isn't good on them, they will kick you. Pretty fair if you ask me, since it is their clan. Even though I have had conflicts in this thread, I now realize it was my fault, so I'm cool with them now. They don't frown upon new members. They frown upon immature members.

Also, if any admin thinks I shouldn't post for them, tell me and I'll not. :P

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

The new guidelines are officially posted. Big changes are the "HOW THE [bleep] DO I JOIN DGS" section and the very heavily downsized rules section. The ranks section will be revised shortly pending discussion. Hopefully this makes everyone happy. If not, let me know.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

on the runehead list can you change my name from green wedge to Mr Greens?

I think the runehead is outdated, michael set it up for the clan leader forums a few months ago. The ranks hi-scores (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq4cbmjYgBekdDdzcDZBckhwZkJGSVh4b09fX0ZuMmc#gid=2) have taken the place of a runehead.

C1Geq.png

I have a question. When there is a mage or necromancer in the room you go in, do you always have to remove hood before entering? Because I see a lot of people enter hooded in an unsafe room.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

I have a question. When there is a mage or necromancer in the room you go in, do you always have to remove hood before entering? Because I see a lot of people enter hooded in an unsafe room.

Removing your hood is only really useful when running through rooms, but it depends on the room.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Removing your hood is only really useful when running through rooms, but it depends on the room.

I disagree. I often remove my hood when it's just one mage in a gd and snipe the mage with my hex. It means that I don't get piled by everything the next time I run through a room full of zombies/humanoids, as well as not being piled by any zombies/humanoids in the current room.

C1Geq.png

So removing hood while entering a GD for clearing isn't recommended?

I disagree. I often remove my hood when it's just one mage in a gd and snipe the mage with my hex. It means that I don't get piled by everything the next time I run through a room full of zombies/humanoids, as well as not being piled by any zombies/humanoids in the current room.

So it is recommended?

azeem1992.png

So removing hood while entering a GD for clearing isn't recommended?

So it is recommended?

Like jimi said, it depends on the situation. I'll try and do it as much as I can, but sometime's it's not worth doing.

C1Geq.png

Also, if you're just running through rooms and you don't think the hood will be of much help or don't think you will die, keeping it on saves a little prayer since you don't have to use mage prayer for 1 round of combat.

However, being below level 70 will severely limit both the number of keyers who will take you and the number of floors you can do with other players.

You aren't judged on how amazing you are when you join, you are judged on how willing you are to learn and take criticism to become a more effective dungeoneer.

Exactly. When I joined I could hardly follow the floors and what was going on. Now I'm eagre to learn keying and almost 100 dungoneering.

It's all about attitude.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I guess I will take it off as much as I can depending on the situation. Thanks DGS!

azeem1992.png

I am currently only 57 dungeoneering but thought I would come here for some advice on improving my dungeoneering even at this lowly level.

- I do the last 5 or 6 of my floors as C6 Meds and can manage to do them in about 18 - 22 minutes depending on if I come across a new challenge room or a slightly more annoying boss. Any tips on how to cut this time also what is this time like for a standard? What should I be aiming for?

- I don't bother potting for skill doors I cannot do as I think the 1 or 2% increase in experience is not worth it for the extra time when I am only getting 7-8k experience a floor is this right?

- How much of a priority should 70 RC be?

- With monster weaknesses the only ones I am currently aware of are skeletons are weak to crush and so are anything made of ice.. Any others that I should be aware of? Also I am 100% melee for my DPS should I change this?

- What sort of experience would I be looking at for floor 30 large with all the bonus rooms done and no deaths? Does everyone get the same base experience for a floor no matter what their contribution was - I know it is against DGS's ethos but I was considering paying for some leech floors to bump my DG level up until I can do some more serious dungeoneering as I am a bit fed up of getting most of my experience weekly from Pengs/Tears.

- Any tips for dealing with Stomp?

Thanks for your help feel free to tell me if I'm being an idiot about anything or add in advice you think I should know..

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

I am currently only 57 dungeoneering but thought I would come here for some advice on improving my dungeoneering even at this lowly level.

- I do the last 5 or 6 of my floors as C6 Meds and can manage to do them in about 18 - 22 minutes depending on if I come across a new challenge room or a slightly more annoying boss. Any tips on how to cut this time also what is this time like for a standard? What should I be aiming for?

- I don't bother potting for skill doors I cannot do as I think the 1 or 2% increase in experience is not worth it for the extra time when I am only getting 7-8k experience a floor is this right?

- How much of a priority should 70 RC be?

- With monster weaknesses the only ones I am currently aware of are skeletons are weak to crush and so are anything made of ice.. Any others that I should be aware of? Also I am 100% melee for my DPS should I change this?

- What sort of experience would I be looking at for floor 30 large with all the bonus rooms done and no deaths? Does everyone get the same base experience for a floor no matter what their contribution was - I know it is against DGS's ethos but I was considering paying for some leech floors to bump my DG level up until I can do some more serious dungeoneering as I am a bit fed up of getting most of my experience weekly from Pengs/Tears.

- Any tips for dealing with Stomp?

Thanks for your help feel free to tell me if I'm being an idiot about anything or add in advice you think I should know..

-You should be aiming for 10-13 minutes, but really, you should be aiming towards large floors. DGS doesn't do anything but c1 smalls and F30-60 larges, so practicing on meds can only help you so much. As for cutting time, you should memorize all of the puzzle rooms and how to do them. There's a list of these rooms in Tip.It's Dungeoneering Guide (under "Puzzles") that will be of much use to you. Also, are you using gatestones, appropriate combat styles (e.g., maging warriors, crushing skeletons, etc.)?

-No, this is wrong. Potion doors not only affect the bonus room percentage but also the base floor experience. (If you want to know by how much, I can post you the list, but, in short, do as many skill doors as you reasonably can.)

-70 Runecrafting is very, very important, especially if you're doing solo floors where the ability to use magic attacks can speed up floor times dramatically.

-Yes, you should get 70 rc and bind a csb over your current ammo bind. I'm not going to list every single weakness - as there are many, many of them - but they can all be found on RS Wikia if you search the monsters' names.

-You would get 35,394 experience for F30 with 30 prestige and no deaths assuming a +135% multiplier. Your teammates will get the same amount of base experience as you, but their prestige will dramatically alter how much experience they get from a given floor. I know that I get somewhere around 85k experience for F30 (at 55 prestige).

-DO NOT DO LEECH FLOORS. You're only hurting yourself by doing so not to mention that you'll never do a floor in DGS with that mindset. If you want more experience, learn to key floors for yourself, and host them. Open your resource dungeons (this helps drastically at lower levels).

-Stomp is annoying. Pray range, and melee him until he throws things at you. Pick up two crystals, and stick them on the colorful blocks once Stomp is invisible. If he blocks off access to one of the colorful blocks, don't stick a crystal on the other; just wait until the blocking rocks clear. Repeat 3x if it's a large floor.

Our_Moon.png

Yeh I don't really want to do leech floors I really just want to get into serious dungeoneering and no-one seems to want sub-70 dungeoneers which is perfectly reasonable its just annoying to be stuck below this level were the experience is very slow.

As to the med floors I was really just doing these because it is hard to find a large floor below 30 and it is the best experience for me at the time.

Thanks for the advice about the skill doors that does clear that up very useful information. Also the urgency of 70 rc is obvious I will start work on this will be a good way to spend the time between my weekly dungeoneering experience from pengs and tears :P.

I imagine with the DPS tips you have given me and better use of gatestones I could probably cut my times down to 13-15 minutes. The only real reason the floors take me longer is at this level I am still coming across new challenge rooms that I need to look up. Altogether thanks for the help.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.