Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So to join you just join the guest chat and say you are a tip.it-er?

Read the entire first post fully before you enter the clan chat.

Alright, found the answer to my question. Thanks.

Xenful.png

[Hide]whatcolor_isblue.jpg

[/Hide]

Hey guys got a couple of questions:

I'm trying to find a csb at the moment. When I do eventually bind it, is it worth swapping my prom 2h for a prom b axe instead, because from what others have told me, it's annoying to switch from 2h to csb lol. But guidelines don't mention anything about a prom b axe. I'm only 91 attack though.

I'm also wondering whether getting a prom b axe would really negatively affect the amount of melee damage I do.

Secondly, when keying, what should my ring be customised to when using a csb? The guidelines state that berserker should be one and the other blazer. But what about gatherer since they reduce damage from skill doors? Or should I just stop using gatherer altogether?

Prom baxe is by far inferior to prom 2h and thus disallowed(unless expressly told so by mods/admins)- instead of complaining about the switch, look at it as something that will help you get better at fast clicking.

Gatherer is relatively useless compared to berserker and blazer so as you can only have 2 switches, switch to those 2.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Hey guys got a couple of questions:

I'm trying to find a csb at the moment. When I do eventually bind it, is it worth swapping my prom 2h for a prom b axe instead, because from what others have told me, it's annoying to switch from 2h to csb lol. But guidelines don't mention anything about a prom b axe. I'm only 91 attack though.

I'm also wondering whether getting a prom b axe would really negatively affect the amount of melee damage I do.

Secondly, when keying, what should my ring be customised to when using a csb? The guidelines state that berserker should be one and the other blazer. But what about gatherer since they reduce damage from skill doors? Or should I just stop using gatherer altogether?

Stick with prom 2h, get better at switching

Prom baxe doesn't do well compared to prom 2h - even with turm flashing prom 2h is better against most things.

Berserker, blazer. Gatherer is horrible, it reduces your dps a lot and hardly reduces overall damage. Same with tank ring.

Even before csb, the only time you should switch to gatherer is like.. solo 5 stats or solo grooves room. And if you have to kill any monsters on gatherer it's wasted.

siggya.png

No, you should not switch to a prom battleaxe. It's not worth it compared to a prom 2h, and as for the switching issue, practice makes perfect and switching between the csb (+staff if you find or make one during idle time in a dg) and prom 2h develops higher apm (actions per minute). You should just wait it out until 99 attack, and even then you should only switch to a primal baxe once you've learned proper prioritisation in gd's, which is explained in this thread. Also, the berserker/blazer combo is most useful for game carriers though I've seen people occasionally use gatherer for some rooms when keying, I'm not particularly sure what the stance is on this.

Edit: Tui/xpx beat me to it, there's your answer for gatherer.

Edit 2: As a side note, you wouldn't even need to switch to gatherer in a grooves room if you use this method, though it's slightly time consuming and only available if you have a free gate, which should be a rare occurance.

6fee7fbcfe.png

77th to reach 99 Hunter, December 25, 2006.

k, so DGS ranked me yesterday. I got my first taste of keying when I duoed a 5:5 with Tui and damn, it's nerve-wracking. I don't think I've ever been so stressed in a game before and I've spent 2 years in a semiprofessional RTS team and 2 other years training for competitive play in DotA.

Never guessed that the game that used to be the most afk game that I'd ever played would be the most challenging thing that I've ever done.

Frankly, I love it.

Needless to say, I now have a very clear goal of becoming a ranked keyer. Let's see how long this takes.

I don't think I've ever been so stressed in a game before and I've spent 2 years in a semiprofessional RTS team and 2 other years training for competitive play in DotA.

I can't really imagine what kind of crazy things are being done in dg that would require 150+ apm...

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

Wanted to ask here if a blastbox bind could be better then law runes. Looting bloods for surges when possible

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Is it even possible to use surges with a blastbox?

You can't use blast spells with a surgebox, nor can you use wave spells unless the surgebox is explicitly set to wave.

It's not about apm.

Care to enlighten me then? It seems logical for a keyer to want to maximize apm, seeing as they have the most potential to bottleneck floor times barring emotes/one ways/levers and such. Of course, there's a lot of decision making involved as well, though you are probably already aware that macro also ties into apm to some extent.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

LbCVi.png

posting for ace is back

cheeeers son

And if you do all you can, that's all you can ever do. - Warren Rudman

But men are men; the best sometimes forget. - William Shakespeare

6bveg5y.jpg

It doesn't take lots of apm to click on the minimap and put keys in.

Everything that involves apm can be solved with ahk anyway.

if anything APM would be more important for DPSers

TBH, if you actually try to switch asap and use your F1-5 keys - it takes close to no time to learn the switches.

However, I have a bad habit of switching ring styles - already be in combat so I can't switch back and forget to switch after the monster is dead :(

Anyhow, I have a question for keyers. For those who are ranked and those who tend to key often in DGS - do you remember your keys? (And map placement?)

I've tried to either write them down (which takes far too much time) or do it on Wicked's programs. They're both pretty time consuming and I'd do it when I'm in a gd but I know a lot of time I should be running paths/keys instead

I haven't tried memorizing all the keys, I know where most of them should be but I always tend to have trouble with a few.

capt%20kevin.png

APM is np at all and shouldn't be for anyone. Execution is so easy in RS that it's not even worth considering in most cases. Keeping track of everything that you're meant to be keeping track of as a keyer while functioning in combat and determining optimal pathing is what's hard. There's a LOT of multitasking involved in DG and it actually has less space for tunnel vision than most RTS games.

Anyhow, I have a question for keyers. For those who are ranked and those who tend to key often in DGS - do you remember your keys? (And map placement?)

I've tried to either write them down (which takes far too much time) or do it on Wicked's programs. They're both pretty time consuming and I'd do it when I'm in a gd but I know a lot of time I should be running paths/keys instead

I haven't tried memorizing all the keys, I know where most of them should be but I always tend to have trouble with a few.

Yes, I'll remember the keys/doors. It comes with experience & just having a good memory. Some keyers like tui write down the doors/keys and who they were assigned to in shorthand (tui would be better off explaining this herself.)

I find if I say the door/key outloud i'll remember it (also a good reason to do skype dging :thumbup: )

C1Geq.png